Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Platform of People Affected by MtGox  (Read 1368 times)
afectados MtGox (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:29:27 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 02:25:26 AM by afectados MtGox

I have been one of the multiple affected by the recent out of business of the exchanger MtGox. Looking for information of how to recover my Bitcoins I have found out that a lot of people have decided to give up and consider them lost, but I am not willing that anybody keeps what belongs to me.

After discussion this with some friends who have been affected too, we have decided to create a platform of people affected to help each other and study our options to recover our Bitcoins.

We have been looking for legal advise and we already have the support of two attorneys very knowledgeable in this matter, but all help is welcome particularly to adopt a common position in order to give our possible claim a significant weight.

I encourage you to let us know any information and/or to contact us if you are facing the same situation.

The web site is:

http://affectedmtgox.blogspot.com.es/

gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:32:37 AM

Hi there

Thanks for doing this. I will join in and help if you want.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:50:19 AM

one thing to look into is, if mtgox ever had written in their terms and conditions that trading on the exchange has a financial risk that there is no guarantee's to profit and that you can lose your funds.

most financial exchanges have a statement as such, which can be used against users

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
afectados MtGox (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:24:01 AM

But in this case, I do not think we're talking about a financial risk, if not negligence or fraud.

The MtGox Terms of Use say that: "Nothing in these terms excludes or limits the liability of either party for fraud, death or personal injury caused by its negligence, breach of terms implied by operation of law, or any other liability which may not by law be limited or excluded."

hgamezoom

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:10:26 AM

Why the website is blank to me?
afectados MtGox (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 04:23:50 AM

Why the website is blank to me?

Sorry, I was doing a few changes.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 04:47:42 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, but you should've transferred your funds a long time ago to BTC-E, Bitstamp, Kraken, or any legitimate exchange.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
YiWei

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:10:59 AM

count me one, I lost 90 BTCs, hopefully just unavailable, according to MK, one of my friend lost more than 700.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:41:36 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, but you should've transferred your funds a long time ago to BTC-E, Bitstamp, Kraken, or any legitimate exchange.

Thats easy to say in hindsight. It could very easily go sideways at another exchange...we all hope it doesn't, but telling them what they should have done doesnt really help them.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

Should have transferred the IOUs from MtGox to your own wallet, you mean. Then you don't need to trust anyone but yourself.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:52:25 AM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uRiMk9kRojAJ:mtgox.com/terms_of_service I found the MTGox  terms of reference from the Google Cache. Grab a copy while you can.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
bitcoinerik

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:34:41 AM

Good initiative! I'll check your website
BitOnyx

Activity: 112

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 10:48:26 AM

Nice initiative. I'm one of those who don't have to join such group but I'm totally support your cause. Lets home radical reaction for community will prevent such situations in the future.

thelema93

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:11:52 AM

I have been one of the multiple affected by the recent out of business of the exchanger MtGox. Looking for information of how to recover my Bitcoins I have found out that a lot of people have decided to give up and consider them lost, but I am not willing that anybody keeps what belongs to me.

After discussion this with some friends who have been affected too, we have decided to create a platform of people affected to help each other and study our options to recover our Bitcoins.

We have been looking for legal advise and we already have the support of two attorneys very knowledgeable in this matter, but all help is welcome particularly to adopt a common position in order to give our possible claim a significant weight.

I encourage you to let us know any information and/or to contact us if you are facing the same situation.

The web site is:

http://afectadosmtgox.com/

Your website is in Spanish which is not really very helpful.
I will be contacting a Lawyer in Japan soon to see what we can do.
I have started a thread here, maybe English speaking people might want to PM me:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=490247.0

Personally I bought a few of Gox's cheap coins AFTER they stopped withdrawals, at which point, if there is any truth in the leaked document - Gox must have KNOWN already that they didn't have the coins to back up the sales. That is plain and simple FRAUD and I am sure they can be sued for FRAUD.

I will PM you with my email too. Thanks

afectados MtGox (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:27:53 AM

Jon Matonis said today in a interview that  "I am worried about the people who had money there."
Thank you Jon for your consideration.
You can read the full interview at:
http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/02/27/inenglish/1393524604_999633.html

afectados MtGox (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:18:56 AM

Platform of People Affected by MtGox is now avaible in English:
http://affectedmtgox.blogspot.com.es/

Pages: [1]
  Print