Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 99% of all projects is worthless and not worth a cent. What do you think?  (Read 1412 times)
oapieNL (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:19:21 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2019, 07:54:24 AM by oapieNL

99% of all ico and existing projects is worthless and not worth a cent. what's your opinion?

I thought about it a year ago. For the period that the ico projects came out of the ground and poloniax and bittrex were the largest exchanges. Then in many tokens I saw something of value that stood on exchanges.

Nowadays I have completely changed my mind and have looked at things in a different way.
To start with recent projects and icos that are ready:

After all those hundreds of new tokens that have come in at this time, I think completely different.
This has come about because everything about huge amounts of money can be seen from ico startups.
Here I am not talking about scam icos but reliable ico projects. 99% are just thieves.
Projects with high ico tokens price that no one can make a profit. except the founders. Huge amounts of money of tens of millions are sometimes collected per project.

What makes me worse is that Almost all ico projects lie enormously about the development costs of setting up a project. That all money (10 million) for example is used for the application to make and additional matters.

What nonsense. If I started a normal company that has nothing to do with crypto, you can set up a very nice kourier, painters, construction company or shop with $ 500,000.

With this IT related crypto shit projects do as if they still have too little 5 to 10 million dollars budget. while you can start a business for 1000 euros. Laptop, software and in your own living room.

70% of all app or platform projects cost the software almost nothing to a few thousand to build, 2000x less if there is collected in the ico. Say development costs of $ 5000.
What I can say even better is:
99% of all projects cost a maximum of 1 million dollars to pay everything in the first year such as software, salary team, office rent, marketing plus other costs together to develop a project.

Then dare to say that for example they do not have enough money to have a good exchange, for example.
Almost all projects build everything for a minimal amount. lf it is finished, their 9 million are in their pocket for private investments. not only the 9 million but also often 30 percent of all tokens of their project.

At this moment you have 99% of all altcoins which is junk.
You may, for example, have tokens of a certain project, but can you also do something with those tokens, so that you can get rich with those tokens? Some projects may be good, but what do these tokens add to their value? Can not you do something with a particular project if you do not own their tokens?

Ethereum tokens can increase the value, for example, because you can use it for example for ico investments.

Bitcoin has value because it is the bentley of the crypto coins.

Many projects offer nothing special that contrasts with a value.
Virtually all projects are worthless because they do not add anything.
With the cryptocrash last months, people are fortunate to see a true value of many projects. useless projects.

Fortunately, there are also a number of unique projects that do add something.
Unique projects I mean something that others do not have. Paymon.org, for example, is a unique and reliable project. With a very active devteam. This project comes with solutions that people scream for. A replacement that can replace fiat money. Payments without transaction costs, transaction speeds unlimited per second, passes to pay everywhere with crypto. Project that focuses entirely on personal payments with their own developed DAG blockchain HIVE. A project where you already have the blockchain and you can even test the blockchain for free how fast it is. Also have a working android and ios app and web platform with a messenger function built in with which you can chat. . This project is very far below the radar, that is because the team wants to deliver a product in a few months that is ready for marketing.
This project gives your coins a real value.

All those dozens of Dapp projects, wallet projects, securety projects are in my eyes worthless in the future and it does not add anything to your token value

How do you think about this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chesterjems

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:13:02 PM

I agree here, the amount of worthless projects is growing day by day and investors are tired of searching profitable ones there, it is a big problem.
odessit1377

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:16:14 PM

Many projects do not make sense, but most importantly, they can not have a real product, that is they are meaningless! But there are very interesting ones, which show all the hopes, as a rule, they come out with the original product and simply collect it for its development.
ElenaN

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

It seems to me that 99% is too exaggerated figure, yes I agree that there are a lot of useless projects, but not so much!
fantasticX5

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:33:07 PM

I will not agree with this data... Too much bias for a 99% of those altcoins. A failure of any project is not a failure of the whole. I you failed to choose a good project then I think that's your problem. Many good projects that has finished recently but affected with the bad market conditions.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:49:55 PM

I wouldn't say 99%, but maybe the 85%-90% of the coins/projects are nothing more than vaporware. Let's talk about the projects listed on Coinmarketcap, if we take the 1835 coins that are currently in the market, 90% would be around 1652 coins that IMO are just garbage money-grabbing projects with inflated numbers that don't offer nothing new.

Then we'll be left with almost 200 coins wich are legit projects, some of those coins have actual real-world use cases, some other projects offer innovation and have a promising future should they get enough funds. Unfortunately, we've reach the point where none of that matters, nobody cares about the tech anymore, it's all about making money.

And honestly, why would people care about the tech when they're just looking to make some quick bucks off a project which is may or may not raise in value?  It's a dynamic that goes like this: invest in X or Y coin/token (invest? more like gamble your money) - wait for the price to go up (somehow the value of these shitty projects always goes up) - dump it all once it reaches a certain price - move on to the next one. It's a vicious cycle, and it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon as the cryptocurrency market has proven to be a very profitable market.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:51:05 PM

I think you overestimate the number of projects that are worthless and underestimate and cost of running a business based on blockchain technology.

I do however agree with your criticism that some projects have raised much more money than they actually need to fulfill the project. From looking at the current market for ICO's the kinds of garbage projects that were raising money 9 months ago are no longer getting funded as the fall in crypto prices has driven out a lot of the stupid money that entered the market last year. Good projects however are still not having trouble raising money.

OutCloud

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

Well it is not like 99% coz there are still a lot of projects with working product! You just have to be vigilant on choosing in every project you want to invest to. If you have time you can look on our project. Here is our website
 https://outofthecloud.io . we already have a working product and our product is live since 2012!
MountainConqueror

Activity: 93

Mountains is my passion

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:56:57 PM

Not a 99%, about 50% I guess. Some projects just doesn't collect enough money to go on with developing.
Lot of gambling and gaming projects and, yes, they're 99% total trash.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:01:05 PM

I think it's not 99% of the new ICO's are meaningless as what was being claimed on this thread. I believe that there are still many ICO's and alts that are good and promising coins. However, there were also many scam ICO's that are in the market with a no clear project platform and what interest them is only to gain during token sale and later leave without giving a reward payout to the bounty hunters.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:16:46 PM

Don't bother reading the long article, just skip to the 15th paragraph which the main subject is about introducing and advertising another new project that is not presumed worthless different from 99% worthless projects spoke about in previous 14 paragraphs.
oapieNL (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:18:26 PM

especially ico prices are much too high. An ico investor is hardly rewarded nowadays. Bounty airdrop rewards are paid out too quickly for example, so the prices quickly fall below the ico price and there is no room for a healthy price. bounty and airdrop tokens should in my opinion only be paid after 6 months to protect ico investors.
Ico startups also have to store their collected money in a wallet. many ico projects, in my opinion, also buy tokens in their own ico from their collected ethereum, so you can not check if everything is sold fairly.

You also have good projects but they do not need tokens at all.

With 99% i not mean only the 1800 coins on CMC, but included the few 1000 coins what not is listed on CMC
bezygly

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:31:02 PM

I think everyone understands that there is a lot of deceit here, but this is a crypto currency, decentralization, lack of control and a third person, and everything is still in its infancy. If you are so embarrassed by this situation, come here in 5 years, perhaps by this time of deception there will be much less.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:32:31 PM

99% is hyperbolic and not true
Maybe 40% projects are terrible without proper continuation of work
Do ensure to figure out before investing
That’s all that matters
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:07:43 PM

Well the market is been driven by demand and supply and if the demand for tokens were so high then it is mostly likely that the prices will go up so high, so back in 2017 there was a high demand because a lot investors were coming into the space and investing on these coins, coming to this, there is less demand and and people are now selling off, much investors are not coming in, new investors comes in when there are a lot of FOMO about crypto currency.
alimarh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:55:43 PM

Well the market is been driven by demand and supply and if the demand for tokens were so high then it is mostly likely that the prices will go up so high, so back in 2017 there was a high demand because a lot investors were coming into the space and investing on these coins, coming to this, there is less demand and and people are now selling off, much investors are not coming in, new investors comes in when there are a lot of FOMO about crypto currency.

Well said, I think I will have to agree with you, no matter how useless or worthless something might be, if it is been priced so high then it will be sold at that high price, so the price of coins is not determined by the exchanges rather it is determined by the people buying and how much they are willing to buy.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
torreun

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:12:27 AM

First of all, we must understand that there is no value in judging whether a project has value. Whether a project has a real product or not does not represent the overall failure. You have not chosen a good project. Your own problem. I disagree with this. Point of view, some projects are worthless, but you say that 99% is too exaggerated.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:25:15 AM

especially ico prices are much too high. An ico investor is hardly rewarded nowadays. Bounty airdrop rewards are paid out too quickly for example, so the prices quickly fall below the ico price and there is no room for a healthy price. bounty and airdrop tokens should in my opinion only be paid after 6 months to protect ico investors.
Ico startups also have to store their collected money in a wallet. many ico projects, in my opinion, also buy tokens in their own ico from their collected ethereum, so you can not check if everything is sold fairly.

You also have good projects but they do not need tokens at all.

With 99% i not mean only the 1800 coins on CMC, but included the few 1000 coins what not is listed on CMC
Even at this 99% claim without facts is not true.  Truth be told we have mainly worthless coin, because most focus on making profit rather than embracing to use case of the token or coins. 
It's high time we start focusing on use cases and how to make projects get acceptability.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:37:59 AM

I think 99% is grossly exaggerated. That being said a lot of projects are scams without any intentions to continue work on the project after fleecing people of their money from ICO. This is why important to research various ICOs before committing time and resources to them.
oapieNL (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:27:33 AM

Even at this 99% claim without facts is not true.  Truth be told we have mainly worthless coin, because most focus on making profit rather than embracing to use case of the token or coins. 
It's high time we start focusing on use cases and how to make projects get acceptability.

Of course everyone wants to make a profit, That's just the way it is. I want that, you want that, everyone wants that. That is the most important thing, the profit.

You can put $ 100,000 in an ico and then embrace the project and do not start focusing on the profit. When the project is ready for 2 years, your $ 100,000 investment is worth only $ 100. Defs are not awake, they have your $ 100000 investment right after the ico converted to 12 bitcoin.

They have been able to make that $ 100,000 20x in bitcoin in those 2 years.

They simply have no intrinsic value. They do not add anything to the project.
That's why I say 99 percent is just worthless. A Project is not at risk if everyone dumps everything after an ico

Ok here some facts.

111089 contracts have already been created with ethereum.
In total there have been more than 3000 ico's.

I now just calculate just what is in the ico archive on this website.
This website has a total of 1957 ico sales in the archive.
www.icodata.io/ICO

Total 1975 icos sales
47 icos is return 3x
Of these 47 icos there are only 22 icos with a more than x10 return

22 of that 1975 = 99%
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: