Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:06:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 99% of all projects is worthless and not worth a cent. What do you think?  (Read 1412 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:39:18 AM

that is mainly what i have been saying for a very long time.
the altcoin market is filled with a lot of useless tokens that are only used inside exchanges by speculators to make money and nothing else. and since creation of a new coin is easy and creation of a new ICO token is even easier we keep seeing lots and lots of them being created for pump and dump purposes. and useless tokens like Ether benefit from this situation and increase their price as the ICO hype increases.

as for the project you just advertised here, i don't see any difference between it and the rest of them to be honest. it is just another "nice words and promises" because it is new and will end up like the rest!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:55:21 AM

I agree, the market now is full of useless coin, the main reasons is everyone keep on adding new coin, hoping that they can make easy profit, and the investors of the coin is doing buy dump, abandon, it makes the useless coin stacking on the market, and when the coin already being abandon the team developers prefer to create new coin, so we got tons of coins with almost zero value

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:49:11 AM

actually, we can't say that there is a lot of ico that scams. we know that we can still get the legit ico. i know that it really requires a good understanding in choosing ico. but certainly, if we can choose ico well and be more careful then we will get the legit ico. therefore we will get the satisfying results.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:51:04 AM

In bear market probably 99% of all past ICOs are worthless because people are selling these tokens and buying more safe coins like Bitcoin and Ethereum, but in bull run, they will sell these big coins and invest into ICOs which provide some progress.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:00:08 AM

eventually everyone will come to this simple realization.
you can always hide the fact that altcoins are pump and dumps for so long before newbies gain experience and stop falling for their tricks. last year brought in a lot of newbies who thought altcoins were all going to be as big a bitcoin so they started investing in them and that created the illusion that they may be right. but as this year started and they got dumped they figured out the reality and now everyone like OP is starting to realize all of them are worthless.

it is like a cycle that we keep seeing every year or 2 years at most in the altcoin market.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:10:07 AM

I respect you position about the ico project either those running and those ended but i don't think the 99% are worthless and not deserving to be invested because i have been an ico investor too and all i can say is 8-9 out of 10 are scammers and worthless but not 99% because thats a huge count
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:12:33 AM

Not really 99%. According to my research in the top 100 coin in the coinmarket. There are about 65% of projects that operate without a minimum product. This is alarming for the crypto market in the near future. If there are still no products then the coin will probably die

fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:23:58 AM

though indeed many scams I don't think it will be that much a scam going on. still many projects or ICO have good potential for investment. This certainly will rely on analysis to be made in the selection of the project so that it can generate the appropriate values of hope, too.
kevincandra

Activity: 261
Merit: 1

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:39:17 AM

with the reviews that you say I don't really believe completely. there are many ico projects that succeed and fail because the market is not currently supportive and I am still learning to participate in projects but I don't think like you but I'm still sure there are some good projects and I don't believe 99% of projects are really worthless .

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[Fintropy]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Tokenized ETF Management Platform
www.fintropy.io
fabuloveu

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:55:26 AM

Do you say 99%! No i disagree. Although the industry is full of shitcoin and shit project. The good news is  that there are still few very good project that raise fund successfully and they are doing well with the development of the project. As for over estimating project funds, I will say most of them do raise more fund than they need for the development of the project  and i dont have problem with that in as much they will make use of the fund to better enhance the success of the project.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2192

Signature Space For Rent

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 08:05:00 AM

~~

Agree with you. Recently many ICO project scammed people. So now investors are not encourage to invest on ICO project. Most of ICO just buy a template for website and use fake team from over internet. I was caught some ICO with fake team and they scammed people. Few project even can't reach soft cap. Although few ICO project raised fund successfully and listed on exchange. But unfortunately maximum token drop price from ICO price. In that case people are getting same indirectly. I think it's better stay away from ICO now.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR RENT
sinachy

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:40:01 AM

I agree with your point, most times when i see the ICO hard cap about how much they are looking to raise, it makes me to wonder, most them have a hard cap of 12 - 50M or even higher and I start to wonder what they are really doing with all that money, someone told me that they use it for exchange listing and paying for partnerships, I don't know how true is that?
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:11:41 PM

I won't agree with you on that percentage because there are still a lot of good projects around, though most project are not really worth it but there are some project that really worth it.

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:14:38 PM

Yes, most of the projects are not going to succeed and that's a fact but there will be ones which do and they will rule the crypto world.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 09:22:02 PM

This assessment is wrong
virtually there are bad and worthless projects
But those are only less than 10% worthless projects across the crypto world

All you need to do is stop participating in fraudulent projects and stay safe
vladaziya4

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:22:36 PM

At any time, you can sell, but since the market is now high, it is certainly best to sell now, because it is possible to decline, but it is not ruled out. Smiley Wink Grin Grin Grin  Yes, you correctly noticed, now just a space take-off of crypto-currency and this is a very good indicator of our time. Wink
cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 602

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 09:24:12 PM

Yes, most of the projects are not going to succeed and that's a fact but there will be ones which do and they will rule the crypto world.

A lot will succeed if the  team will just be a diligent as how they  do when they were doing ICO. TEAMs are always present and hardworking when they are in the ICO phase of the project but after they got the money, they suddenly start slacky. That's when the terrible things can happen when investors lose  trust. If they are jsut as how they were from the start and starts developing the project, they will succeed.

AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:30:04 PM

70% of all projects are scam, and about 20% of them are worthless and would only give you a penny while the rest are the real projects that can give you what you really work for.
oapieNL (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:53:28 PM

I have now discovered a new worthless ico startup. this project appeared in the adds ads on CMC.
This project: www.ubex.com

I have not read anything at all on the website what kind of project this is. Only the pictures of the members of the team I know enough where this project ends after the ico. Check those photos of all persons in the team tab. This is just laughable what these pictures look like.
Check all those other pictures below and more on the webbsite. In any case, they are not good at Photoshop. All photos have been photoshopped very bad.
They all look like a wojak meme.  Grin  Grin

This model head is so unrealistic.
You can only get this model head if your parents have pushed
your head under the wheels of the train as a small baby  Grin

This model head is also totally non-symmetrical
They have stuck a bunch of nephaar on it.
The eyes are turned upside down in his head
It seems that his chin, mouth, nose, eyes are stuck on the picture.

That left eye is much larger than the other eye.

Here is just a completely new face stuck on  Grin

dsc

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:29:46 AM

Most tokens are worthless because the project creators have no idea how to run a proper market.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: