Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you trade in bitcoin if it was illegal?  How about Zerocoin(ZC)? Respectively?  Vote Y/Y, or N/Y etc
Y/Y (yes for both) - 2 (50%)
N/Y (no for bitcoin, Y for ZC) - 1 (25%)
N/N - 0 (0%)
Y/N (yes for bitcoin, N for ZC) - 1 (25%)
I don't know - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you trade in bitcoin if it was illegal? How about Zerocoin?  (Read 838 times)
TonyT (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:54:52 AM

Would you use or trade bitcoin if it was illegal?  See the below story about how due to Mt. Gox troubles, regulators worldwide are thinking of regulating bitcoin.  It's the thin edge of the wedge.  Now, Google "Zerocoin" and learn how it is designed to be completely anonymous (or take it by faith for purposes of the poll).  Keep in mind that bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous, meaning it protects your privacy but governments can, if they devote enough resources and a bitcoin user makes enough trades, figure out who you are.

Given the above, would you trade in bitcoin if it was illegal?  How about Zerocoin(ZC)? Respectively?  Vote Y/Y, or N/Y etc, with Y/Y being Yes I would trade in bitcoin even if it was illegal and Yes I would trade in Zerocoin even if it was illegal.

Rationally, there should be no votes for "Y/N", if you think it through, unless you have a blind faith in bitcoin since you are an investor. ;-)

TonyT

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/02/26/japan-studies-regulation-of-bitcoin-after-mt-gox-goes-dark/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

February 26, 2014, 8:40 am
Now, Nations Mull the Ways to Regulate Bitcoin

TonyT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:57:25 AM

Would you use or trade bitcoin if it was illegal?  See the below story about how due to Mt. Gox troubles, regulators worldwide are thinking of regulating bitcoin.  It's the thin edge of the wedge.  Now, Google "Zerocoin" and learn how it is designed to be completely anonymous (or take it by faith for purposes of the poll).  Keep in mind that bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous, meaning it protects your privacy but governments can, if they devote enough resources and a bitcoin user makes enough trades, figure out who you are.

Given the above, would you trade in bitcoin if it was illegal?  How about Zerocoin(ZC)? Respectively?  Vote Y/Y, or N/Y etc, with Y/Y being Yes I would trade in bitcoin even if it was illegal and Yes I would trade in Zerocoin even if it was illegal.

Rationally, there should be no votes for "Y/N", if you think it through, unless you have a blind faith in bitcoin since you are an investor. ;-)

TonyT

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/02/26/japan-studies-regulation-of-bitcoin-after-mt-gox-goes-dark/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

February 26, 2014, 8:40 am
Now, Nations Mull the Ways to Regulate Bitcoin

Y/Y (Y because like copyright things change with time and rules need to change with it that and its a voluntary exchange hence it should be allowed) Plus if it has value one can move around to a legal area Tongue

To defend a Y/N  I see it as a valuable choice because some people do want some traceability in addresses aka pseudo-anonymity instead of complete anonymity. (Even if they get arrested lol)
So throwing the rationale for that one out there
(That said if both were illegal then the most logical choice should be N/Y XD)

I do think one important thing was left out ceteris paribus all things the same
Whats the price on both I want to have access to all the markets not just half of them or less lol

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: