Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:15:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 206000 dollars in MTGOX  (Read 9240 times)
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:16:12 PM

So if the coins do not get recovered... there will only be ~20 million total coins now, right? Because supposedly the 700k coins are 'lost'

Does lost mean hackers have it, or they the coins are in limbo and unattainable?

If they are truly gone then shouldn't remaining coins increase a bit in value?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
afectados MtGox

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 10:04:37 PM

Guide to Affected People in order to take a common position at
http://affectedmtgox.blogspot.com.es/p/blog-page_9078.html

jml

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:14:12 PM

I didn't fully trust Mtgox fully at first which is why I opted to hedge 50% of my bitcoins instead of going 100% for HFT in gox. I did lose out a fair amount which was around 9BTC which was done when the prices where going low but now I am amongst with many in the same boat that might never see their bitcoins or fiat again.

I posted an issue regarding mtgox's collapse and how other exchanges work (proving full reserve instead of fractional reserve) as we might see in the future that other exchanges will collapse if they can't prove the funds that they have and have funds missing. So for now, I reckon cold storage and face to face trading within my community will be the safest option for now until safer exchanges ring fence users wallets.

"Everything is a matter of degree"
jml

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:16:37 PM

Guide to Affected People in order to take a common position at
http://affectedmtgox.blogspot.com.es/p/blog-page_9078.html

Caveat emptor

jml

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:19:20 PM

I have 206000 dollars in my MTGOX account before Feb.7. These money are sleeping in MTGOX for years. I trust MTGOX & Bitcoin foundation very much. I thought Satoshi is behind MTGOX. (I think I am a idiot!!)

After a serials of good news and bad news and the market manipulation in these dark days, my balance is slim to 64000 dollars. I finally decide to retrieve the money via Bitcoin builder. I bought 320 btc at 200 in MTGOX. MTGOX suddenly shut down when I am withdrawing the bitcoin!

I think all the money are gone. All I want is putting Mark Karpeles to the jail. I do not trust Bitcoin again. Cry Cry Cry

A wise man once told me, never put all your eggs into one basket. Now I am offering you the same advice. Cheesy

Just be thankful Bitcoin isn't regulated otherwise you would have lost a lot more than $206,000.

Very true, never put all your investment in one basket, hedge them in lower risk strategies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: