Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 206000 dollars in MTGOX  (Read 9240 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:18:35 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 12:32:13 PM by seriouscoin

No. The only thing that this key can do is signing an alert message that propagates through the network.

Learn to read. It's about a line of text, an informational message, and only affects the reference Bitcoin-Qt implementation (most Bitcoin users are using different wallets for their routine needs)

The worst that the FBI can do if they waterboarded Gavin to get the key is speading FUD to Bitcoin-Qt like "All Your Coinz Are Belong To Us!"
It also can be used for sending the upgrading message. Remember the last bitcoin issue(Hard fork)? Did you read the source code before your upgrading?

I just want to say, if you trust Bitcoin, you need to trust the core developers. I did not say they are not trusted.

I dont know why i even bother with idiot like you ....

Thats not a "key". Go learn what that actually is from reading the source code.

What you said has nothing to do with Gavin or core developers having a "key". If you use a client for your wallet that means you trust the coder of such client. Any core developers can release their version of wallet client. Why does this "key" anything to do with that?

Beside do you know how github works? You cant release a new client with illicit code without being noticed easily.

My conclusion, you're just too dumb and trying to make sense of something you have no fcking clue about. I'm kinda glad you lost money in Gox because it will(hopefully  Roll Eyes) be a valuable lesson for you.

PS: wow lucky for you, i can read Chinese..... You're such a clueless shit that doesnt deserve to get rich from bitcoin boom. First you came here not understanding bitcoin technology, 3 years later you still dont understand crap..... you even said next gen of ASIC is BSIC and CSIC.... wtf? LOL
flyable (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:00:07 PM

No. The only thing that this key can do is signing an alert message that propagates through the network.

Learn to read. It's about a line of text, an informational message, and only affects the reference Bitcoin-Qt implementation (most Bitcoin users are using different wallets for their routine needs)

The worst that the FBI can do if they waterboarded Gavin to get the key is speading FUD to Bitcoin-Qt like "All Your Coinz Are Belong To Us!"
It also can be used for sending the upgrading message. Remember the last bitcoin issue(Hard fork)? Did you read the source code before your upgrading?

I just want to say, if you trust Bitcoin, you need to trust the core developers. I did not say they are not trusted.

I dont know why i even bother with idiot like you ....

Thats not a "key". Go learn what that actually is from reading the source code.

What you said has nothing to do with Gavin or core developers having a "key". If you use a client for your wallet that means you trust the coder of such client. Any core developers can release their version of wallet client. Why does this "key" anything to do with that?

Beside do you know how github works? You cant release a new client with illicit code without being noticed easily.

My conclusion, you're just too dumb and trying to make sense of something you have no fcking clue about. I'm kinda glad you lost money in Gox because it will(hopefully  Roll Eyes) be a valuable lesson for you.

PS: wow lucky for you, i can read Chinese..... You're such a clueless shit that doesnt deserve to get rich from bitcoin boom. First you came here not understanding bitcoin technology, 3 years later you still dont understand crap..... you even said next gen of ASIC is BSIC and CSIC.... wtf? LOL

I am sorry. I do not want to say more...
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:46:09 PM

Directed to all the users with large holdings in mtgox :

We need to transform GOX into the best exchange ever. We can recover our coins make history and give a great example to the world. People will truly see then that bitcoin doesn't fail so easily. And all the news/media proclaiming the death of bitcoin because of GOX, will look like idiots.

GO here :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489949.0;topicseen

or here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488483.0 (Voluntary Reorganization is the Best Option for Us)
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:42:12 PM

I have 206000 dollars in my MTGOX account before Feb.7. These money are sleeping in MTGOX for years. I trust MTGOX & Bitcoin foundation very much. I thought Satoshi is behind MTGOX. (I think I am a idiot!!)

After a serials of good news and bad news and the market manipulation in these dark days, my balance is slim to 64000 dollars. I finally decide to retrieve the money via Bitcoin builder. I bought 320 btc at 200 in MTGOX. MTGOX suddenly shut down when I am withdrawing the bitcoin!

I think all the money are gone. All I want is putting Mark Karpeles to the jail. I do not trust Bitcoin again. Cry Cry Cry

If you have any more money you'd like to waste, please either send it to me, or a charity of your choice.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
yenom

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:50:44 PM

This quote sums up this thread:

A foole and his monie be soone at debate,
which after with sorrow repents him too late

~ Thomas Tusser

For the uneducated:
A fool and his money are soon parted.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:05:09 PM

Why people trusted that chode is beyond me, he looks like a supervillian in the making.
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:10:20 PM

I have 206000 dollars in my MTGOX account before Feb.7. These money are sleeping in MTGOX for years. I trust MTGOX & Bitcoin foundation very much. I thought Satoshi is behind MTGOX. (I think I am a idiot!!)

After a serials of good news and bad news and the market manipulation in these dark days, my balance is slim to 64000 dollars. I finally decide to retrieve the money via Bitcoin builder. I bought 320 btc at 200 in MTGOX. MTGOX suddenly shut down when I am withdrawing the bitcoin!

I think all the money are gone. All I want is putting Mark Karpeles to the jail. I do not trust Bitcoin again. Cry Cry Cry

Umm... Sounds almost that you got what you was looking for. This is of course sadly for everyone who lost something and generally for Bitcoin. But... why in the hel* keep so big amounts on third party accounts? Only reason for that would be extensive trading... I learned that with bitcoin24.de shutdown and bitcoin-central.net hack.
lucky7

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:31:37 PM

To be fair I really don't think he stole the bitcoins, I have a feeling people will get it back and it'll be a nice surprise for everyone

That would be called the "Miracle of the bitcoin" and be written into the history books.
softron

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:51:25 PM

Sorry for loosin So much money

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:06:56 PM

To be fair I really don't think he stole the bitcoins, I have a feeling people will get it back and it'll be a nice surprise for everyone

Wishful thinking but unless you know something we don't, this is pretty fucking remote at this point.

Its called DENIAL ...he was in so deep that he could not contemplate the reality

Its the same with Nigerian Prince 419 SCAMS ..they keep sending money because to face reality is too painful

... THIS FRAUD is the second largest in history... KARPELS needs to goto jail !!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:09:06 PM

I hope you do not open e-mail from people in Africa.

STAPH ..this is a sure fire way to recoup his loses ....419 oppurtunitys and nigerian princes may need the use of his GOX coinz  ..lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:27:07 PM

Wishful thinking but unless you know something we don't, this is pretty fucking remote at this point.

Its called DENIAL ...he was in so deep that he could not contemplate the reality

Its the same with Nigerian Prince 419 SCAMS ..they keep sending money because to face reality is too painful

... THIS FRAUD is the second largest in history... KARPELS needs to goto jail !!!

My god your right according to forbes.com only Enron outdid him. If it is in fact fraud that is and only time will tell.

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:30:43 AM

Yeah except, I've never used MtGox

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:54:45 AM

Man, hire a lawyer while he still has money and btc/properties. Once he has nothing left you can't do shit. Those who do it first will receive their money back, don't wait, it is a lot of money.
afectados MtGox

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 04:56:12 AM

Man, hire a lawyer while he still has money and btc/properties. Once he has nothing left you can't do shit. Those who do it first will receive their money back, don't wait, it is a lot of money.

I agree with you. In fact, I have decided to create a platform of people affected to help each other and study our options to recover our Bitcoins.
I have contacted lawyers and I am waiting to receive the conditions to proceed with this issue legally.
The Platform is avaible in English and Spanish. We want to adopt a international common position in order to give our possible claim a significant weight.
You can visit us at:
http://affectedmtgox.blogspot.com.es/

lewisg

Activity: 281

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:47:37 AM

I hope all Bitcoins users will bounce back after the fall that caused its value to collapse, this crisis would lead to better security on sites where Bitcoins are bought and sold.

joehal

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:06:28 PM

I agree with you. In fact, I have decided to create a platform of people affected to help each other and study our options to recover our Bitcoins.
http://affectedmtgox.blogspot.com.es/

If the GOX lost the money, it's useless to sue, everyone will get like 10 dollar damages. I posted up a much better plan (the reddit and facebook links) which has a much better chance to recover ALL.
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:38:37 PM

A wise man once told me, never put all your eggs into one basket. Now I am offering you the same advice. Cheesy

Just be thankful Bitcoin isn't regulated otherwise you would have lost a lot more than $206,000.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:33:48 PM

uhh, this is hard pill to swallow, be strong dude.(
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:09:23 PM

Since you obviously have a gambling streak in you, why don't you take that 64k and split it up into like 20 equal parts and invest each in new altcoins as they hit the market, when you can buy them for a few satoshis apiece. Hold them for a few months, then sell when they go up in value a lot. Some will, some won't, but you could easily make several times your investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: