Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:57:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to stop Senator Joe Manchin in making comments about BTC.  (Read 1851 times)
greenalliancegroup (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:28:47 AM

Hi everyone

After reading an article that Senator Joe Manchin said that he wants Federal Regulators to ban BTC. I believe anyone in the US should be writing to there senators and congressmen/women that the comment Senator Joe Manchin made and make him the blacksheep that he is. He has no clue what potential value of bitcoins are on the US economy. Let's face it, everything goes up and down. When you invest you make that choice to risk your earnings. There is no such thing as safe investments. All investments have a potential downside. If it was so safe, everyone in there mother would be investing in that particular investment vehicle.

Bitcoins has brought tons of jobs/employment to the US economy. Lets look at a simple thing that happen. Remember Butterfly Lab's faulty Power Supply Unit. I wonder how many people went out and brought 50-150$ power supplies from all these companies? In return they hire more employees. 

We all know that Bitcoin will be industry drive of today and future.

I believe we need to all write a letter to our senators and congressmen/women to tell them BTC is here to stay matter what you think. The only reason your elected into office is from our votes. If you want to be a job creator believe in BTC. Otherwise your job destroyer.

Does anyone know how to make petition on change.org and we get everyone to sign it and sent it Senator Joe Machin. Thannks
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:39:33 AM

https://www.change.org/petitions/manchin-joe-don-t-let-the-government-ban-bitcoin

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:40:56 AM

Hi everyone

After reading an article that Senator Joe Manchin said that he wants Federal Regulators to ban BTC. I believe anyone in the US should be writing to there senators and congressmen/women that the comment Senator Joe Manchin made and make him the blacksheep that he is. He has no clue what potential value of bitcoins are on the US economy. Let's face it, everything goes up and down. When you invest you make that choice to risk your earnings. There is no such thing as safe investments. All investments have a potential downside. If it was so safe, everyone in there mother would be investing in that particular investment vehicle.

Bitcoins has brought tons of jobs/employment to the US economy. Lets look at a simple thing that happen. Remember Butterfly Lab's faulty Power Supply Unit. I wonder how many people went out and brought 50-150$ power supplies from all these companies? In return they hire more employees. 

We all know that Bitcoin will be industry drive of today and future.

I believe we need to all write a letter to our senators and congressmen/women to tell them BTC is here to stay matter what you think. The only reason your elected into office is from our votes. If you want to be a job creator believe in BTC. Otherwise your job destroyer.

Does anyone know how to make petition on change.org and we get everyone to sign it and sent it Senator Joe Machin. Thannks

he is an idiot, read his letter, he sounds like a brain dead f**k

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:45:49 AM

just put petition to take him down.
we have big enough community

yolo
greenalliancegroup (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:51:42 AM

Everyone in the BTC community should be supporting this. The fact is it takes 1  and only 1 US Senator cause havoc on our cause. Banks are too big to fail now because they are the money supply!

Everyone who believe BTCs will be the wave of future should help sign this petition.

God Bless America and Bitcoin!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:53:43 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 07:17:14 AM by freedomno1

If your in his riding send him and your local congressmen a strongly worded letter
I'm sure if enough people do it or phone up that tone will change real fast  Wink

That or give him some bitcoins to play around with he-he
Tippercoin whistle
http://www.tippercoin.com/#/how-it-works/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
whatsthestory

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:14:22 AM

Everyone in the BTC community should be supporting this. The fact is it takes 1  and only 1 US Senator cause havoc on our cause. Banks are too big to fail now because they are the money supply!

Everyone who believe BTCs will be the wave of future should help sign this petition.

God Bless America and Bitcoin!

Totally agree with you! And I 'm ready to sign the petition as Senator and Congressmen should express our opinion and shouldn't go against us
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:46:41 AM

Link to the petition is in my sig. Pass it on to your friends. The only way the government ever listens is if enough people express their frustration.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:30:32 PM

I prefer to just let him carry on his stupid assumptions about Bitcoin, they do this kind of thing to us all the time by picking out the worse things about Bitcoin and playing it over and over again so I say we do the same with people like him to point out how stupid people are to attack Bitcoin Tongue.
greenalliancegroup (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:33:59 PM

I prefer to just let him carry on his stupid assumptions about Bitcoin, they do this kind of thing to us all the time by picking out the worse things about Bitcoin and playing it over and over again so I say we do the same with people like him to point out how stupid people are to attack Bitcoin Tongue.

The fact is Senator Joe Manchin who is Dem and doesn't support Bitcoin is sad excuse for Dem senator. I thought the Dem were all about small business and job creation for the middle and working class.

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/industries.php?cycle=2014&cid=N00032838&type=I&newmem=N

look at this

13   12   Commercial Banks   $158,300   $68,800   $89,500

This is the reason why big banks executives don't go to jail for money laundering but average citizens do. If we are going to change the way politics operates on bitcoin.

If Joe Manchin is really that concerns on the "war on drugs" He should ask the Feds to stop printing USD because that where most of the drug cartels get there income from. Not Bitcoin.
Lyomon86

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:45:51 AM

what is wrong with Senator Joe Manchin? why do BTC bother him at all?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:06:18 AM

what is wrong with Senator Joe Manchin? why do BTC bother him at all?

He missed the early boat.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:26:25 PM

Ban the internet!

Ban pollution!

Ban oral sex!

Ban prostitution!

Ban deodorant!

Vote for me again, now that I have made everything you own worthless! NOT!

How about banning FIAT... Oh wait, he owns banks and FIAT services... Plus he gets paid in FIAT... Last thing he wants is FIAT to be useless...

Too late...

No more power! Go swim in your paper-cut pools of money! Hope he gets a staff-infection... (Play on words.)

Government will not BAN something they want to "reposes", and have already "taken ownership of"... Otherwise they could not "cash it in" legally. They still have tons from silk-road they are cashing-out.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:30:19 PM

You don't have to stop him from talking... You need to stop listening to the nut-sack, and convince everyone to do the same, or they are nut-sacks also.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:04:28 AM

Goes to that clip from a press thread kudos to eldenttyrel
Summary: Senator Joe cries out "die, die, why won't you die?!?!"

kizzoboy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:23:39 AM

I started a tweet that got a few re-tweets here: https://twitter.com/CoinPAC/status/438900208215552000/photo/1

I'm thinking about putting up some more negative info about him on the www.coinpac.org site.  I'll be sure to sign and advertise the petition.  Let me know if you guys want to get something more coordinated goin!
SUNcoinDEVs

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:45:10 AM

we may raise donation in SUN from our users to this cause

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:41:21 AM

He is a harmless old crank
Leave him be
Let's instead focus on catalyzing BTc's powerful use cases for a wider audience

greenalliancegroup (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:15:47 AM

Now Joe is going to look stupid. The Russians are reconsidering BTC lol. I love the world.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:39:16 AM

Now Joe is going to look stupid. The Russians are reconsidering BTC lol. I love the world.

When did this happen hmm need to keep up with legal more

Take that back I see it interesting news
Russian blog, bitnovosti.com, is reporting that the Bank of Russia has informed them that the February 6, 2014 statement by the Prosecutor General’s office did not amount to a ban on Bitcoin. This information came in a letter, responsive to the site’s inquiry, which is posted with the article. The site claims that the Prosecutor General merely made a cautionary statement and committed to further study. This is in stark contrast to how the statement was presented in the media - and the blog asserts that the media overreacted. For now, this site will continue to regard Russia as “hostile” until something more concrete than a private response to a particular inquiry is released.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: