Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the religion interfere with political issues?  (Read 424 times)
FortFC

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:11:46 AM

An open minded invidual always preferes to separate a church from a state. history tought us that going together hand in hand won't bring any good in our lives

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CenaCena

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:11:09 AM

Never. I believe early Americans separated church from the state in the early days of the US and it was for a reason. They must have known something  Cool
brutalboy

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:26:23 PM

Religion + politics is a dangerous mix, I guess, so I believe that under no circumstances should religion interfere with political issues. Otherwise, we might potentially face even more problems because religion has its own issues that need to be addressed. It's too complicated to me.
jaxteller

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 08:58:25 PM

Religion + politics is a dangerous mix, I guess, so I believe that under no circumstances should religion interfere with political issues. Otherwise, we might potentially face even more problems because religion has its own issues that need to be addressed. It's too complicated to me.

Well said, an extremely dangerous mix for that matter. I mean look at Iran, so many things go wrong. Or look at Saudi Arabia, women could not drive up until this year. That just did not make any sense. Best to keep both seperated, let everyone practive their religion privately and all will be okay..
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:13:09 AM

There are a lot of problems we, as individual and as a society, faces everyday. Whether it be physically, mentally, environmentally, pyschologically or morally it seems that these problems are inevitable.

The role of the government is to stabilize and provide the basic needs of a citizen including the order and organization among individuals. While the religion is to ensure that faith and morale of the citizens are still in equilibrium with whatever aspect.

In terms of the political issues that arises between the government and the opposition, should the sector of religion interfere with whatever the citizens and the government must decide?
Religion should not interfere in political issues they should focus in preaching the word of god. Religion is important to people because its the way people will be closed to god by means of praying and preaching. The government itself should also focus in the  needs of the country and tge better economy of the country. But now religion is interfering with the government that is why they cannot resolve the problems the country is facing.

FavoriteBinolo

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:29:36 PM

Mixing religion and politics together is a very serious mistake and must be avoided at all costs. Despite the fact that some religions declare love, peace, etc., etc., any of them religions is capable of doing an irreparable harm to most positive government initiatives. Verdict: NOT EVER!
Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:48:10 AM

Nope. Religion in a sense is our belief. What our parents and other adults in our surroundings tell us that we must follow. On the other hand, politics is the view of the overall situation of the country. This needs a very OBJECTIVE perspective which needs to result in as much as rewards as possible with low risks. Now here's the thing. Pleasing two things at the same time is very, very difficult. Pleasing the people and pleasing the church can be very taxing to the government since most of the times, these two can never meet at the same line. Why? Because even if there was a state religion for a country and there is a lot of people with that religion, not all of them are devout believers. Some just live by it and some just follow the instructions of parents. This makes it a lot difficult to please the masses.
cescudero95

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:47:03 AM
Merited by Moloch (1)

Is this pertaining to the US?

It should be remembered that we have the very important concept of Separation of Church and State.  The founding fathers knew the importance of this, as shown in their writings and correspondence.  If a religious minority, or even majority, seized power or had great influence then they could oppress through the imposition of their beliefs on the population.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:27:40 PM

We can't fully seperate religion from politics and that's the reason why many countries has state religion .

We can if we clearly say that beliefs are an individual choice of every person and play by the rules.
I know it never happens because a religious person will usually prefer another religious person to work with him instead of an atheist. If you elect a catholic president and a catholic prime minister you can bet that 90% of the people in their cabinet will be catholics. The other 10% will be there to make it look like they're open to other religions and beliefs and don't discriminate.

4builder

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:51:33 PM
Merited by Moloch (1)

Religion is bad; politics is bad. Don't let them mix together. I fear together they can ruin the world...
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:44:58 PM
Merited by Moloch (1)

Politics and religion has deceived the  world for a very long time now. The two should never be trusted, we need to be cautious so we don't follow the bad or negative influences that politics and religion has on the larger society. I believe most of the problems the world is going through at the moment is as a result of poor governance from politicians and the wayward teachings of religion.
kwakgyimah

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:12:14 PM

Lately, politicians and religious leaders are not helping the world at all. The activities of most religious leaders and politicians has led people to poverty. In most parts of the world, the people who struggle for power are mostly politicians and religious leaders. We need to be watchful of such dishonest behaviour of religious leaders and politicians so we can ensure peace in the world.
Helena Ruben
Copper Member

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:20:47 PM

Should religion interfere with politics? No, but that's not to say that religious beliefs should not be taken into account.  Just because our politicians don't (and cannot) share the very diverse beliefs of all their constituents, it doesn't mean that they should overlook them entirely when creating policy.  Religion is a very private, personal thing.
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 10:05:16 PM

There are a lot of problems we, as individual and as a society, faces everyday. Whether it be physically, mentally, environmentally, pyschologically or morally it seems that these problems are inevitable.

The role of the government is to stabilize and provide the basic needs of a citizen including the order and organization among individuals. While the religion is to ensure that faith and morale of the citizens are still in equilibrium with whatever aspect.

In terms of the political issues that arises between the government and the opposition, should the sector of religion interfere with whatever the citizens and the government must decide?

If religion is important for the voters in a democracy, the politic governance should of course reflect that. Every voters religious or not is of equal value, in a democracy that is...

The role of the government today is not what you say, that is mearly what it is supposed to be. Today its sole purpose is to get them selves and the bankers rich while making us think politics, religion or culture is the problem. The only problem is the monetary systems that is being worshiped by our greedy and corrupts politicians. I rather see a monk rule then a bribed, bank loving, delusional and brainwashed, asshole to do it. But that is just me!

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 01:14:57 AM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (5)

I think a previous reply of mine was deleted on this thread when I just said 'No'. Fair enough, I'll elaborate.  

Religion should not interfere with politics, it has enough problems on it's own without adding political influence. My main objection is that it already does, and affects people's lives if they don't conform to the state's interpretation of religion in certain regions. When laws are created/enforced purely based on religious beliefs and not 'moral' ones, it directly affects those that do not believe in the religion involved.

Why should someone's religious beliefs (or lack of) affect their ability to live their daily lives just because of where they happen to  be born? I am yet to find someone that can give me an answer.

I've had interesting discussions, both online and in 'real life' regarding this (for reference I am talking about people born in the UK, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Germany, U.S.A., Canada, Morocco, South Africa, Russia and probably more).

My opinion is that politics, and the international and local laws that evolve from it, should not depend on anyone's beliefs.

I enjoy a discussion though, and am known to shift opinion from one minute to the next, so bring it on.

-----

Edit. I realise that religious beliefs obviously do affect people's lives depending on where they are born, I just wish it didn't.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 09:43:18 AM

Religions do not belong to the government, and there is no point in being under the pressure of other opinions that do not share the same beliefs.
Whatever their religious beliefs, people need to remember that their beliefs are nothing more than their personal views, and in many countries there is a Constitution that has some obligations to protect what we call "inalienable rights." Therefore, whatever personal convictions may be, the Constitution guarantees that others can live and think freely as they decide for themselves.
Rights guarantee, among other things, that neither of us should feel compelled to accept someone else's religious beliefs and that the government has no right to impose religious beliefs in the lives of citizens.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: