Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 07:27:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the intrinsic value of Bitcoin?  (Read 401 times)
availcrypto

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:45:23 PM

Officially there is no intrinsic value of bitcoin. But the blockchain technology can be called as the intrinsic value. We can use the blockchain technology in many ways.
devilman59

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:49:26 PM

I think that many can say that the value of bitcoin is a bit speculative, since you can not subject it to anything or be regulated by the price of anything, bitcoin has that price because is the price that people are willing to pay for it, of course, that does not mean that bitcoin has no value or utility, everyone gives it the value that suits them best, for example I use it for daily transactions and has made my life enormously easier since in my country I do not have any means to get electronic dollars and bitcoin facilitates that problem.
jasonkirbi

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:52:58 PM

To know about intrinsic values of bitcoin, we need to know about intrinsic values first. Intrinsic value means the value as something's usage. For example, diamonds can be used as drill beat, jewellery, cutting strong materials, laser pointing etc. Except these uses, diamonds also have its market value. So, diamonds has intrinsic value. But in case of paper money, it has no intrinsic value. Money is valuable because we say it is valuable on the basis of numbers written on it. We don't use money other than transaction. So, paper money has no intrinsic value. But in case of bitcoins, there is no official statement about its intrinsic value. But the blockchain technology behind bitcoin can be called as its intrinsic value. Because this technology has various uses.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:02:23 PM

I think there is none. Bitcoin can go as high as we could ever imagine but it can also go back to its lowest price. That is how volatile the price is. Having an intrinsic value is not one of characteristic of bitcoin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
alanfox

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:04:08 PM

I don't think there is any intrinsic value for bitcoin. It have no characteristics which can makes a intrinsic value for it. As you can see fiat currency also don't have any intrinsic value.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:06:45 PM

Like most of the members on here, I share the same opinion that while Bitcoin is revolutionary it does not have any other intrinsic value apart from the blockchain technology it first invented.
butterfly8226

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:09:11 AM

I have seen that many people asked this question. I think its depend on your personal feeling. How you think about bitcoin and the overall market. So this value varies.
Gromx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:15:55 AM

Bitcoin has no intrinsic value.The cryptocurrency market is unregulated, so it is impossible to accurately calculate its internal value. We can only say that the more people invest in it and believe in it the higher its value.
bitcoindigger71

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:49:21 AM

As far I understand that this value is depend on people’s belief what they think about blockchain technology. I belief people have positive thinking about bitcoin.
steve_rogers321

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:12:25 PM

I think this intrinsic value totally denpens on you. When you involve in crypto market then you choose the intrinsic value.
listoncrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

I agree with you. It's really tough to say the intrinsic value of bitcoin. It depends on various thing. That value you can not count.
Silentsweeper785

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:33:09 PM

The intrinsic value of Bitcoin is such a thing that can not be expressed in an abstract way by interpretation, because the individual characteristics of one subject are different or different from each other.
donhill

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:08:33 PM

It's really hard to determine the intrinsic value of bitcoin. intrinsic value is a value which is the current value on an asset. And it has to be non-speculative. So we can think that intrinsic value is undefined.
sidneycrypto6

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:27:41 PM

Individuals have different personal idea about Bitcoin's value. However, many of Bitcoin's own value are explained by faith, but though structural intrinsic value of Bitcoin have not been explained.
Silentsweeper785

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

The intrinsic value of Bitcoin is the belief in the blockchain because Bitcoin is the first blockchain technology to bring people's trust. And then people was starting to invest in this platform of digital currency. So, I explain the intrinsic value of Bitcoin by trust.
ExhibitGap25

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that runs on blockchain technology in a decentralized system. The intrinsic value of a cryptocurrency depends on various factors. The belief of people on Bitcoin is the intrinsic factor for Bitcoin I guess.
DanielJacob

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:37:30 PM

There is no right out there intrinsic value for BTC. The people have a belief in the blockchain technology and that serves as the intrinsic value.
AllenTurner

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:54:54 PM

It actually varies from people to people. Given that this coin is not like our typical fiat, so it will be hard to say what the people deem as an intrinsic value.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1175
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:58:26 PM

In my own opinion i don't think that rule applies when it comes to crypto market and bitcoin because this is a free market price, any one can sell at any given price he wants, so the value of bitcoin basically depends on the demand and supply. 
Yes, I also agree with your suggestion because there is no particular value  for which you should sell at, it is a free market where you can put in any amount you have as spare and sell whenever you want as long as you make profit. The value of bitcoin depends largely of the amount of demand and supply. When there is high demand, the price will be high and when there is low demand, the price will fall.
cryptoking963

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:00:59 PM

Intrinsic value is a very combined and abstruct thing to relate with BTC. To predict the intrisic value of a coin of the crypto market is really not so easy and perhaps, nearly impossible accurately. We just can assume or feel it actually.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: