Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:12:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion: Crypto backed by gold, what else?  (Read 515 times)
bchain22 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:23:45 PM

They are talking about cryptocurrency backed by gold here - http://cryptoandblockchaintalk.com/cryptocurrency-backed-by-gold-26
Will it work? What else could be used to back crypto and why would it work in your opinion?

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bchain22 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:27:58 AM

I think we should have more coins/tokens that are backed with somekind of asset, be it gold or something else. Cryptocurrency haters one of the main arguments is that crypto isn't backed by anything, Bitcoin isn't backed by anything etc etc. So, having crypto assets that are backed with something more than just a faith, would be a good option to build more trust around crypto?

Lets discuss guys!
1. Would it be good for crypto, if we had more coin/tokens that are backed with some assets like gold for example?
2. What other assets could we back crypto with, if we leave out gold or other precious metals?

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
LOLpenguin
Copper Member

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

I like crypto podcasts...

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

Been thinking about that for quite some time to a point where I was thinking about launching a project myself. I think real estate might be something that is good to back crypto. I was thinking something similar like these guys here https://crowdlitoken.com/ to make investing in real estate easy. It's like combining an old school real estate investing with new school blockchain solutions. I think it can work really well when done right.

◄◄◄ Love the Crypto and Blockchain Talk podcast - listen here: www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com ►►►

◄◄◄ LOL, funny crypto cover - "That's Not My Coin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcFrToY0Uw ►►►
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:46:35 AM

doesnt this go against some of the principles of cryptocurrencies? Wouldnt this affect decentralization? I think it's quite complicated to implement and preserve those key crypto aspects
WillyZ
Copper Member

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:59:40 AM

doesnt this go against some of the principles of cryptocurrencies? Wouldnt this affect decentralization? I think it's quite complicated to implement and preserve those key crypto aspects

This!

I mean it would be a nice idea to boost some trust with real assets backing crypto, but USD isn't backed with anything and it still is used and trusted. The trust will come with time and when more and more people and companies accept it as a method of changing value, then the trust comes naturally.
I don't think we should be looking to start backing every crypto with something. I have faith in crypto and I don't think it needs to be backed to be powerful!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
bchain22 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:33:45 AM

This!

I mean it would be a nice idea to boost some trust with real assets backing crypto, but USD isn't backed with anything and it still is used and trusted. The trust will come with time and when more and more people and companies accept it as a method of changing value, then the trust comes naturally.
I don't think we should be looking to start backing every crypto with something. I have faith in crypto and I don't think it needs to be backed to be powerful!

I can agree with you guys on this. Was just thinking about the subject and if we do need to back crypto and if it would be good, or bad, and if, then with what. Discussing these things through helps us in many ways, including understanding what we are looking for in crypto.

rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:21:53 PM

Crypto is getting backed by the precious metal because of attracting the users of the middle east. They have started following the Muslim Finance for the users who believe in it. Others can be antique materials or the products that might have a higher value in the market.
Cryptosuperb

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:42:46 PM

It's basically good idea but there were just too many ICOs with that story, I remember darico but I saw others but not participated in them so I didnt remember them. If Tether can be backed by some ammount of $ I dont see why some other token couldnt be backed by gold!
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:40:38 AM

There are other tokens like CEDEX which is backed by diamond and Petro which is backed by oil, gas and other necessary commodities that can be used by the citizens of Venezuela. These cryptos which are backed by real life assets does not fluctuate in market like regular cryptos. So, there's a huge possibility for these coins to solve real life problems like inflation, poverty etc.
coinpedia240

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:30:39 AM

Gold-backed tokens that have become legitimate enough to make it onto There are, however, dozens of others out there, which are in ICO, pre-ICO, or are too small to have made any waves in the market.
cryptoking963

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:31:41 AM

These ICOs can be repeated indefinitely by the same people, suckering people who are hoping for a huge payout that never comes.
bitcoindigger71

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:35:51 AM

As we can see gold is the most dependable and cliché thing to backup any currency. So it’s no wonder that crypto can be backed by gold. I see this very potential way to build a sustainable crypto market
Luckycoins999

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:04:25 AM

If you consider the future of crypto market you must backup it by any rigid product like gold or fuel to make the market rigid. So apart from gold oil or technology business can be used to back up the crypto
Jundax

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:13:22 AM

I keep an eye at this one --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4422892.0
At the moment they're going well as far as I understand too bad I didn't participate in their bounty. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if they will succeed or not.
pimondcrypto

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:35:15 AM

I think Gold is the best option to back up the crypto. Because it’s been the most accepted option for many countries in the world and can be used to spread the crypto market worldwide
cryptocamacho4785

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:35:14 AM

I think it will work for cryptocurrencies to get more acceptance. People will trust cryptocurrencies more if these are backed with gold or other material assets. I guess it will also help reducing the volatility of price.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:29:14 AM

I think backing any crypto currency by any other asset will not work in the long run.

Take a look at FIAT. For some decades in the past, FIAT was backed by gold but that changed since it wasn't really sustainable and of course because there were other interests.

More about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard
garymorgen

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:36:58 PM

The token is used to back up the crypto but now it is also supporting gold because of endorsing new rules of Muslim finance which name is sharia law. As you have asked what else can be used is can be precious gems, painting, antique products etc.
donhill

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:07:50 PM

Yes, The news of backing up with gold is true. It is happening to retain the users of the middle east who believe in Muslim finance or follow sharia law. except for gold, some other things can also be used for backing up. It can be some antique products or paintings because it has some value in the time being and the world of creativity.
dreammoney710

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 05:49:40 PM

There is no established material asset to determine the true value of cryptocurrencies. Gold could be a useful unit in this regard I hope. Cryptocurrencies will be accepted more if it is truly backed by asset like gold.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: