Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:21:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion: Crypto backed by gold, what else?  (Read 515 times)
cryptosmith03

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:02:27 PM

I don't think any backup plans work for cryptocurrencies actually as they are based on blockchain tech and the crypto market is very volatile in its nature. All the fiat plans are more likely to wotrhless here in Crypto-space...
GreenHarbor57

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:13:36 PM

It could work, given gold has a tendency to rise along with time, this may help the BTC to rise too.
harrybell

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:19:11 PM

It looks like a good idea to me. But people should be careful because there will be massive amount of scams. So precautions need to be taken by investors. I think major altcoins should be backed up too.
GalacticSight909

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:27:47 PM

This is not the first time a cryptocurrency is being backed by gold or any other assets. Venezuela has already planned to introduce 'Petro', their own cryptocurrency that will be the substitute for their highly inflated fiat currency and also being backed by oil and mineral holdings. Being backed by assets means the crypto will be less volatile and more stable which is a good thing.
availcrypto

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

Yeah maybe gold is the better option as well as safer for backing up any crypto as it is accepted in many countries. I think it can be used to spread the crypto market.
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:42:35 PM

for me so the crypt provided with gold is like a tool, in fact both units can be bought in a free market, why not support!
WillyZ
Copper Member

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:15:24 AM

If you back it with gold, then you have to store this gold somewhere? This means expenses, who pays those costs? What if some or all of the gold that is backing the cryptocurrency gets stolen?

Or if you back the currency for example with real estate. If there's is going to be a next real estate market crash, what then?

I think there are many risks involved, and these might do more harm to the coin/token in a long run than do good.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:28:12 AM

There is actually an ICO with similar purpose, Gemera. Their token Gema is backed by Colombian emeralds.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
LOLpenguin
Copper Member

Activity: 51

I like crypto podcasts...

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:22:59 PM

Seems interesting. Are you involved in the project? How does it work? Just explain to me like I'm 5 years old and can't read a whitepaper. Cheesy

There is actually an ICO with similar purpose, Gemera. Their token Gema is backed by Colombian emeralds.

◄◄◄ Love the Crypto and Blockchain Talk podcast - listen here: www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com ►►►

◄◄◄ LOL, funny crypto cover - "That's Not My Coin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcFrToY0Uw ►►►
Copod
Copper Member

Activity: 89

crypto merchandise from www.RealCoinStore.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 08:37:43 AM

i don't see a point to back crypto with anything.. i think crypto is backing itself with the idea behind it, transactions without a middleman, being cheap, being fast

buying all my crypto merchandise from www.realcoinstore.com - tshirt, hoodies, mugs, coins, pillows, tote bags and more 🌟 FREE SHIPPING 🌟 on all coins and keychains
raitsuk

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:53:59 AM

I've ever met this gold backed project of something similar like it. From the explanation they give through their sites or whitepaper, most of them offering a huge amount of profit/ROI from it. And it sure attracting many investors to put their investment in it.

Pr.Victus

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:57:35 AM

Now gold or "conversations" about the maintenance of the crypto currency gold do not cost anything. It's just a deceptive maneuver for investors to attract attention. Nobody has such a gold reserve (except for some countries), so that at any time, each interested person receives a piece of gold in exchange for a crypto currency.

jfederkins

Activity: 296

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

Crypto will never replace gold and other materials like this. Even despite on its value and other promising characteristics. It can break economics but not the nature.
bchain22 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:22:49 PM

Crypto will never replace gold and other materials like this. Even despite on its value and other promising characteristics. It can break economics but not the nature.

I agree with you on that. I don't see crypto as a replacement to gold rather than replacement to FIAT.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
anth36jian

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:26:42 AM

Crypto is not worthy to the gold at all. These are too different things and it is wrong decision to compare them. I prefer to think that they are worthy with their own.
bchain22 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

Crypto is not worthy to the gold at all. These are too different things and it is wrong decision to compare them. I prefer to think that they are worthy with their own.

Yes, they are different things. But you still could back crypto with real gold.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
clololck

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:00:55 AM

With regard to gold and cryptocurrency, it is a currency expression of different eras. Gold is one of the oldest currencies. It is a scarce resource of the earth. Encryption is the latest currency. The biggest difference between it and gold is that there is only bitcoin in the cryptocurrency is scarce.
Dlux75

Activity: 170

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:10:45 AM

I think that will be good idea because if we want to stay more safe in my opinion we can choose to wait on gold backed stable coin rather than usd backed stable coin. because gold seems more safe for me than usd. to we can hold our fiat goldt for example rather than tether. surely if trustable company will do that .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:26:09 AM

Projects supported by gold came out a lot some turned out to be scam some while working. Everyone says that 1 token equals one gram of gold, but no one really knows that. Such a comparison is very similar to usdt to the real dollar.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:38:48 PM

Even tough it is not technically backed by gold I think it has a value directly attached to it. Think about it, when does gold go up in value? Over time and and when fiat devalues, exactly the same thing with crypto. Why does gold worth anything? Because people put a value into it and think its valuable and has very short amount of supply, exactly the same with bitcoin.

I know crypto is not backed by gold at all but if you check when gold goes up in the long term and when bitcoin goes up it will be the same times. The only logical difference between them is gold is a huge market that has been around for a long time whereas bitcoin is a smaller newer market but all the things that makes them move are the same (except there are more whales that play with the prices in bitcoin) and seems like will be like that for a long time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: