Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not respond to FUD threads!  (Read 14007 times)
Giest

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:35:13 PM

Guys it's becoming more and more popular to spread fud on this forum, 

this is a good thing. i would actually go as far as saying some of these FUD topics must be stocked to the top of each board so that people can see them in the long term. people, specially newcomers need to become familiar with the concept of FUD and learn how bullshit it is so that they can start seeing behind the curtain.

for example you need to go back in time and check old topics, for example from last year as bitcoin price was rising. during the rise from $1000 to $3000ish there were a lot of FUD comparing bitcoin to its 2013 trend and they kept putting that chart on the current chart of that time and say it is the same and price will fall down to $200 again. = complete nonsense.

This is a really good point.  Even if all the FUD posts here were removed there would still be thousands of them on other forms of social and even the mainstream news.  To an extent it is better to see them, and learn if dissect whether there is any validity to them.  Sometimes........everyonce in awhile they bring out something that is valid.

While I am not PRO Fud, there does need to be room to voice true and accurate concerns about prices, volatility, risks, and problems in the market.  To me the big thing is not to eliminate all negative topics but make sure they are fact based and not simply "The Sky is Falling" hyperventilation but we don't want to be ostriches with our heads in the sand either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
princestan

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:35:46 PM

Ignoring FUD to me is the best way and the wise thing to do, because those FUD starts trending the moment you give in your response to it..
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

I'm trying to not do it, but a lot of accounts will always spam. Maybe people who want to sell their accounts with determined activity and people trying to meet a certain number of posts without measuring even an acceptable level of quality inside them.

We really can't control what other people do. The merit system was a good measurement to not let them level up, but now it's incredibly hard for those who try to write useful posts to rank. Since with useful posts(the few ones who gets merit), you normally get 1 or 3 merit. But you still see a lot of people writing two lines of anything into posts.

However, i'm sure a lot got discouraged after the merit measure was taken. Problem is, how to help the people really trying to not get stuck?
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:44:36 PM

Great idea because reaponding the fud news creating big issue and the fuds news become popular but people sometimes can't control themself to answer responds about fud news specially if the people knows about the right and real story.

alanfox

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:02:30 PM

Bitcoin’s growth is not accepted by some group of people. They want to slow down it’s grow and making many kind of fraud news about bitcoin. Investors should not get into those news and should not make those news a huge one.
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:26:35 PM

FUD posts have been here since the introduction of the community but honestly, people have become more mature now to fall for them. Even though I have seen a lot of people falling for these unknowingly but those should take this experience as a lesson since they couldn't take their own responsibilities. Hopefully, they will start ignoring such threads from the future.
They are mostly sh*tposters responding to every topic they see Cheesy
Nah. I like seeing people roasting those who post nonsense FUD. They're not going anywhere soon anyway. Shitposters will always shitpost.
Like many of them are here, I don't know where they come from but as soon as a topic is opened you'd see pages of sh*tposts Cheesy
This is a very good advice. Even Bitcoin haters are on this forum trying to discourage people from doing crypto.
Ignore bitcoin haters, They gotta hate bitcoin anyways.

This couldn't help us withstand our goals in bitcoin, and staying away can be a good strategy to overcome your worries. It do happen you're started to get panicked when a situation became so shady against between you and those fake news and fud will affect you a lot. So you need to be more careful in order to avoid possible depressions.
Jackolantern

Activity: 321
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:35:12 PM

I think that there is no need to respond to the Fud threats. you should behave smarter and not pay attention to such things, To my mind, you need to be able to not react to such threads at all

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:03:27 AM

Guys it's becoming more and more popular to spread fud on this forum, I'm actually slowly finding it difficult to look up a thread of any value at all. The best strategy to combat the people who are intentionally spreading ridiculous comments on how bitcoin will die is not to raise those threads by commenting on them. Let them post it and slip into oblivion by not giving them the visibility they're thriving for. Rather create and comment on threads with reasonable remarks on crypto economy.

They just want to spreading FUD and hoping other peoples panic. They just want to take benefits from peoples, it is true that we should not spreading FUD because i am believe bitcoin will recover again and crypto market will reach highest market value again.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
abanansah

Activity: 328

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:16:32 AM

People spread Fear and uncertainty of a coin on  this forum due to speculations and most of the time too they are right. These FUD are base on the predictions of the price traders perceived a coin will be trading and commenting on them doesn't make it legitimate but worth it.

thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:23:38 AM

Do not respond yet, scout in FUD threads because you can base your move upon the people who responded in FUD news. There are many people that affects much by the FUD news. In fact, they totally agree upon the news that they saw, not knowing that it is just based upon the opinion of the OP. Well, I think we must remove our emotion so that we can decide appropriately.
butterfly8226

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:22:02 PM

you are right we do not respond FUD. we should avoid its to make sure our safety. we can safe our money by awareness. we should avoid unnecessary email and link. thank you for sharing your advice.
makadaka

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:47:37 PM

do not panic, everything will return to their seats believe. after a gradual fall, take-off takes place ...

▐ █   CoinFast |█   https://coinfast.io/ ))
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬  [  Join the Whitelist  ]  ▬▬ ●●
Sanchezino40

Activity: 484

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:14:11 PM

Those who perpetuate FUD has only one purpose. That's to cause the weak hands to sell of their most valuable assets at cheap price. We don't have to reply to them. We must show them we are matured enough to holdl
KingKongBong4152

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:19:22 PM

we should avoid fud and do not respond this. it the good solution for this problem. we can increasing awareness and make security to save money. thank you for your guideline.
LOVEUMUM

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:23:31 PM

In fact FUD threads and i become quite confuse after all this but i don not wonder because they sometimes make the scene quite interesting for being part of this family.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:25:25 PM

But what about those that ignore the "Do not respond to FUD threads"?  Grin People are never going to stop listening to fud. Sure, some people including myself ride out the waves of fear, uncertainty and doubt and generally ignore it but there's always those legions that don't and panic and that's why it's effective. There's a lot of trolls here as well who get their kicks from it so they're never going to stop because that's what the enjoy. There are also those that will profit off the dips so it's in their interests to keep the cycles going.
larrybarg

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:19:22 PM

There are groups of people who are against bitcoin and its growth over the year. Now they are making strategies to slow down the progress of bitcoin and spreading bad word of mouth about it. Investors should avoid those comments and concentrate on their coins.
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:32:54 PM

The response to FUD threads are not very negative ,some of them might seek for advise that is not hurting , when we have time to posts some advise to FUD threads then why not make it ,just a brotherhood advice to the people who are sufferring this FUD, because they need also guidance so do not condemn ,those who express themselves in the FUD threads they are also humans.
Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:34:48 PM

Guys it's becoming more and more popular to spread fud on this forum, I'm actually slowly finding it difficult to look up a thread of any value at all. The best strategy to combat the people who are intentionally spreading ridiculous comments on how bitcoin will die is not to raise those threads by commenting on them. Let them post it and slip into oblivion by not giving them the visibility they're thriving for. Rather create and comment on threads with reasonable remarks on crypto economy.

Yes,  I will agree with you my friend,  this kind of critics people has no places in this kind of investment they always spread bad news to crypto currency's because they want other investor's afraid to invest their money in crypto currency's.
CAPTEZECC

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:43:47 PM

I believe this is the best solution to all this negative news and rumours about bitcoin and crypto currency. Sometimes I begin to think if they are being paid to write those negative stuffs to instigate fear in the forum and the community. It is time to put a stop to their unprofitable activities.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: