Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A man in UAE took six figure loan and lost 85% of his crypto value  (Read 735 times)
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:21:42 PM

He put all eggs and even borrowed eggs into one capricious basket. Sometimes the risk is just not worth taking. On the other hand, he would have been famous if he had tripled or multipled the borrowed sum.  Grin
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:23:26 PM

Maybe I'm not very strong in financial matters, and I can be wrong about this, but tell me, someone heard that banks give loans to buy crypto currency. If given, then this person is just a fool, and if not, then he is another fraudster who did not manage to quickly put together a fortune.
Lareina

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:32:46 AM

He destroyed his life. It is unwise to borrow so much money to invest in encryption. This year, it is obvious that the market is going downhill.
dgross0818

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:13:34 PM

Crypthomie, a Reddit user identifying as a 32-year-old male living in Abu Dhabi, recently posted a photo of his repayment schedule pertaining to a six-figure loan that he took out on the 18th of December, 2017.

The Redditor borrowed 338,000 dirhams (roughly $126,500 USD), with a total outstanding amount of 393,296.80 dirhams ($147,200 USD) including interest from Emirates Islamic Bank. The document outlines a repayment schedule of 8194 dirhams ($3067 USD) monthly until December 14, 2021.

The investor wrote: “Here is my bank installment related to the loan I took to invest in crypto. Still three-and-a-half years to go until I’m freed. Until then, I’m working for nothing and I’m at 85 per cent loss. I hope it gives you a lesson.”

People are ready to sell their shirt to invest money in cryptocurrencies. It's a bad idea to take credits, sell cars or estate for this purpose. I always advise investing only10% of your saving, which you won't regret in case of downfalls.
cherepashkis

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:16:19 PM

it has been repeatedly said that taking a loan to invest in cryptocurrencies is a great risk and should not be done so.
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:57:37 PM

This is one of the reason why it is always said that you should always invest what you are willing to lose, don't borrow money or sell your property in other to invest in crypto currency, this should serve as a lesson and an eye opener to everyone.
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 11:00:57 PM

If he has not sold them off, there is still a good chance he can still get return of his investment, just a lot of patience, In any case, it is not a great idea to borrow large chunk of money to invest in cryptos
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:11:05 PM

Crypthomie, a Reddit user identifying as a 32-year-old male living in Abu Dhabi, recently posted a photo of his repayment schedule pertaining to a six-figure loan that he took out on the 18th of December, 2017.

The Redditor borrowed 338,000 dirhams (roughly $126,500 USD), with a total outstanding amount of 393,296.80 dirhams ($147,200 USD) including interest from Emirates Islamic Bank. The document outlines a repayment schedule of 8194 dirhams ($3067 USD) monthly until December 14, 2021.

The investor wrote: “Here is my bank installment related to the loan I took to invest in crypto. Still three-and-a-half years to go until I’m freed. Until then, I’m working for nothing and I’m at 85 per cent loss. I hope it gives you a lesson.”

This is indeed a good lesson not to get a loan to invest in cryptocurrency because as everybody knows it's highly volatile, it's loss-loss situation you are paying your loan and you are running at a loss, it's hard to fic the situation even if the price increase you are paying your very high interest with your profit.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:26:34 PM

This is the craziest idea have seen in investment, greatest risk,  my advice in Crypto, never use a fund that can get you in trouble,  things can go sideways.
When you actually own your fund, even if the coin you invested in drops in price you simply relax and know it has turned to a long term investment.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:32:21 PM

It seems very strange to me.Top of hossa was in February  so i think it was possible for him to make at least 30% . I don't know what he want teach if his story is real.
Make some photo shop screenshots is not so hard

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:32:51 PM

That's really sad for him, but the chance are than in 2021 when his loan are payed  out, the crypto he bough might have a greater value than  when he bought it in december 2017.
I think he should hold most of it in Bitcoins, and then trade some big altcoins when they swing, that cut be Bch Neo, Eth or other big coins hitting its low.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:40:33 PM

This is why they always said that it is very risky to invest here in crypto and only invest money which you can afford to lose. The way i see it, that guy is greedy that he invested that kind of amount thinking that he will got it back in a less time or maybe he is a rich guy and that amount is only a penny to him.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:44:11 PM

Taking such a huge loan to invest in crypto was a very bad idea. never you take a loan for crypto investment. You have always been advised to invest only the amount you can afford to loose.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
alimarh

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:48:26 PM

This is very sad to read, I wish the market will return to bull run to make some good profit for the man to repaid back all the loans, but this is also a warning to people borrowing and taking loan to invest in cryptos, crypto currency is so volatile so don't invest what will cost you so much.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 11:55:37 PM

Some of the people are being harsh here.  The man took his shot and lost.  More than most of us sitting here diversifying our pennies sure not to make anything.  I respect him.  He may have been reckless but he had balls. 

Agreed. A guy bought steem power by taking loan when it was at cents because he believed in it. Sometimes balls make you rekt and sometimes make you big!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:58:20 PM

He is very brave to that, he must have a full confidence that the price will go up and these things happen, I guess greed gets the best of him, I don't know if he can still recover, but this is one of the stories if you are not investing what you can afford to lose feel sorry for him.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:10:30 AM

I feel bad for him because he lost so much, hope he could recover it someday. That loss is awful, wish we knew what he invested in though. Many thoughts came to me on how he loss that huge amount but a lesson will be learned from this man.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:15:02 AM

Getting a loan and investing it in crypto is the dumbest thing you could do. Loaned money is literally not a money you can afford to lose and you have the interest to pay to begin with. Add to it the volatility of the market, he should have studied the market more.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 12:19:39 AM

He did the right thing in the wrong time.
Everyone thought the prices were going to the moon and they are not going to stop. He believed he can make a good profit lending some money.
He was unlucky and wasn't able to analyse the market well.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Rkoshay

Activity: 96
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:28:06 AM

You know what they say, 'pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered'.  Having said that as long as he doesn't sell he hasn't lost.........
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: