Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:50:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A man in UAE took six figure loan and lost 85% of his crypto value  (Read 736 times)
KS03

Activity: 330
Merit: 101

Hi I'm KS03

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:25:05 AM

Ah man that sucks.  I imagine he isn't the only one either.  Think of all the longs on margin who though it just couldn't go any lower.  Think about the shorts who think they are on a hot streak and just can't lose right now.  For every winner there is a loser.  IT's a brutal game and profession. 

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER[/color]  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════[/table]
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:29:33 AM

I find this very hard to believe, some people take risk foolishly .The rule in crypto is to always invest what you can afford to lose, the guy should blame himself not the market.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:19:40 AM

I do not understand that they took the decision for "loans".
The loan to the Bank is not recommended in any case because the interest is always up and up.
I hope that this forum is not the same as this person.
sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 02:59:52 AM

This guy bought into FOMO hook line and sinker. To be fair I think most people thought the market would keep going up. I had a bad gut feeling about the fast rise, so I sold some when BTC was around $14K... bought back in at a lower price.

nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:34:13 AM

This is really very bad, he really took a great risky with such movement, and it reminds me what is been said all the time about the cryptos space, don't invest all your money, invest what you cannot afford to lose, I don't know how the man in question will be dealing about the situation right now? considering when he borrow the money and the amount lost the crypto price have made since the time he borrow, this should serve as a lesson to everyone. Invest what you can afford to lose.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
marufnang

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:45:20 AM

Crypthomie, a Reddit user identifying as a 32-year-old male living in Abu Dhabi, recently posted a photo of his repayment schedule pertaining to a six-figure loan that he took out on the 18th of December, 2017.

The Redditor borrowed 338,000 dirhams (roughly $126,500 USD), with a total outstanding amount of 393,296.80 dirhams ($147,200 USD) including interest from Emirates Islamic Bank. The document outlines a repayment schedule of 8194 dirhams ($3067 USD) monthly until December 14, 2021.

The investor wrote: “Here is my bank installment related to the loan I took to invest in crypto. Still three-and-a-half years to go until I’m freed. Until then, I’m working for nothing and I’m at 85 per cent loss. I hope it gives you a lesson.”
I think that is a mistake, I'm so against making an investment in cryptocurrency using the fund that we get by borrowing the bank or any other institution.
If we really wish to invest that would be using the spared unused fund to make an investment in cyptocurrency.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:50:05 AM

It's his own choice and decision to invest in cryptocurrency and there's no one to blame but himself, but i think if he did not already sold his holdings he still have a chance to make profit until 2021. Crypto has still a lot of room to grow and never invest any money that you can't afford to lose.

SimonJones

Activity: 485

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:55:55 AM

What a moron.

The first rule of any investment, particularly crypto, is to only invest what you can afford to lose. A loan, by definition, is not money you can afford to lose.

Great answer! In fact, it is the truth. How can a man who is into Crypto world has no knowledge of it. He truly deserve his fate...

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

jefcasidy

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:13:38 AM

What a moron.

The first rule of any investment, particularly crypto, is to only invest what you can afford to lose. A loan, by definition, is not money you can afford to lose.

I won't really blame the man, if he had succeeded with the move, probably people will be praising him by now, I recall beginning of this year, there were a lot of high hopes that crypto would worth trillions of thousands and that this year will be best year for cryptos, everybody was investing hoping this year will be great, but it didn't work as planned, so it's not really his fault, he took a risk but it didn't work out for him.

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:02:20 AM

I don't think there is nothing wrong talking a loan to help improve ones life, leverage is a great tool to use, it is just that he was very stupid investing in a market that has increased this much, I have read where some people trying to crucify him, assuming he is investing now, what do you think he would be saying this time next year, market move in circle that is why we need to be very careful when we invested into project

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Suwycu

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:49:52 AM

That's exactly why you do not need to take credit money and invest in cryptocurrency, you need your money for this!

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: