Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:17:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stablecoins: what makes a good one?  (Read 98 times)
MEWcoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 04:54:59 PM

Interested to know peoples thoughts on this as my friend pointed out that we might qualify as one as we're not intending on being on an exchange initially.

I guess I could rewrite my question as what what makes a token or coin a stablecoin?

Or do you just think they're a gimmick or perhaps a way of sidestepping standard deposit limits?
usekevin

Activity: 2240
Merit: 562

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:08:11 PM

Interested to know peoples thoughts on this as my friend pointed out that we might qualify as one as we're not intending on being on an exchange initially.

I guess I could rewrite my question as what what makes a token or coin a stablecoin?

Or do you just think they're a gimmick or perhaps a way of sidestepping standard deposit limits?

Sustainability.In cryptocurrency market,their are lot of altcoin available.But not all the coins are continue to sustain in the market.Sustainability is purely based on the investors.Based on the potential of the coin,the investors in that coin will increase.
Even some of the altcoins in cryptocurrency market had good potential like bitcoin.Some of them are ETH,Ripple,Waves,Litecoin and Monero.

▄▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀████▄
   ▄██▀▀ ▒ ▀▄ ▄▀ ▒ ▄  ▀██▄
  ██▀▀ ▀▄ ▒ ▒▄▒▄▒ ▒ ▄▒  ▀██
 ███ ▀▀▄▄▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▄▄▄▀ ███
███ ▀▀▄▄▄▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▀ ███
██  ▀▄▄▄▀▒▒███████▒▒▄▄ ▀▀  ██
███ ▄▄▄▀▀▒▒▒█████▒▒▒ ▀▒▄▄ ███
 ██▄  ▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▀▄  ▄██
  ██▄▄ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▒▀▒ ▒ ▀▄  ▄██
   ▀██▄▄ ▄▀▄▀ ▒ ▀▄ ▒  ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄   ▀  ▀▄▄▄██▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
███▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████████████
███      ████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄██████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Crypto Cards. with
buying solutions

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████████████████████
 █████▀█████ █████▀█████
██████  ▀██   ██▀  ██████
██████             ██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀███▄               ▄███▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀▀█████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Launch Your Own
.Crypto Tokens.

█▄                                    ▄█
 ██▄                                ▄██
  ▀███▄▄▄                     ▄▄▄▄███▀
  █▄▀████████▀    ▄████▄  ▀████████▀▄█
   ▀█▄▄█████     █████      █████▄▄█▀
    ▀████████   ██████     ████████▀
       ▄██████▄ ███████▄ ▄██████▄
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
                ████████
AXIOMA
..EAGLE CITY..
MEWcoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:39:53 PM

Sustainability.In cryptocurrency market,their are lot of altcoin available.But not all the coins are continue to sustain in the market.Sustainability is purely based on the investors.Based on the potential of the coin,the investors in that coin will increase.
Even some of the altcoins in cryptocurrency market had good potential like bitcoin.Some of them are ETH,Ripple,Waves,Litecoin and Monero.

Primarily we don't want wild variations in our coin price, obviously increased use will increase demand but we will be setting the price not freely listing on an exchange. We're purposely trying to avoid the pump and dump that many ICOs have gone through and instead aiming for long term appreciation of token value.

The key reason for this is that other businesses using our token have 'real world' expenses so having a wildly fluctuating price is completely impractical.

Would this fall in to the definition of stablecoin?

Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:49:30 PM

This time, in this bearish market, i think we just have two options, first is USTD or TUSD, and the second is the token of the major exchanges, like Houbi and Binance. The rest of the price fluctuations are too large.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:56:29 PM

If we are talking about projects that are similar to Tether or TrueUSD, then we can only say about such tokens that, for example, USDT has the support of the bank, there used to be such information, but I can not say whether the information is true or not. But I read this information on the Internet.
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:21:05 PM

«Like everything in crypto, the current stablecoins’ offer is continuously changing and innovating, and that is a good thing. There is room for improvement and there are good ideas out there. The ideal stablecoin should also be:

Smart: Not only a storing place, but also a tool of currency allocation for holders.
Cheap: low-cost and easy to access.
Transparent: it should have a trustworthy operational process with reputable third-party auditors involved.
Liquid: it should be easy to buy and sell at any given moment and any given quantity, without this having any impact on the price.»

Taken from: https://medium.com/globcoin-io/5-key-facts-about-stablecoins-571819f3b3fa
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:10:16 PM

Coins that are stable-coins are the coins been backed by real USD dollar. let's say they have 100 million coins in circulation then it means that they have the 100 million in the bank to back it up. that's actually what make a stable coin

Talat10gu

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:30:06 AM

I suppose that investments and volumes are so significant here and these characteristics make them stable. Stability is needed everywhere in crypto and with investing you can help them.

ladaturekova

Activity: 183
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:05:39 PM

To my mind stable coins are becoming because of people's trusting of belief at all. I like them but of course all people like them I suppose. They are too treliable for earning.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: