Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin goes commercial...  (Read 952 times)
robocop (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 02:59:24 PM

I like the bitcoin and i like the independence of banks and the open source character.

But in the last weeks with the rally and the media hype i have seen another commercial side of bitcoin.

For example there are a mtGox which cashier a higher transaction fee than some brokers and mtGox goes more and more to an institution like a classic broker.
Who needs Options?
Who needs margin trading?
The winner of such things are everytime the bank self because in every trade the customer will pay the spread. I really dont like that!

I would prefer a exchange without a fee or with a voluntarily fee.
I would prefer a open source thinking and donation instead of fixed fees. 

If the commercializing of bitcoin will continue then i can go back to the euros or dollars then the bitcoin is not the way of the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 03:10:51 PM

Who needs Options?
Who needs margin trading?

Individuals or organizations (like businesses) that want to hedge the risk of the fluctuating exchange rate, yet still use Bitcoins as a medium of exchange.
stoechi

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 03:21:04 PM

agree, adds a smelly taste to the whole thing, though we are still using it as long as the fees are smaller than at the real world fatmans dealyards.

Even if the fees get worse the system is still better because there is no central thing, u know. Its still our choice where to trade and if the existing exchanges bow it over better things will evolve. Much more natural/evolutionary.

Given that BTC will not become a victim of the ongoing bashing (also from inside the community)...

Have trust. dont do idiot selloffs now?! We alle know thats stupid. BTC has always been volatile as hell, we wanted it to be so, so it may rise up again. Now its down.

Keep cool, hang on.  Cool
robocop (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:21:38 PM

@Bittertea
I know the sense of options or margin trades but in real the options and margin trades will be used to speculate with bitcoins. We will see ;-)
giarc

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 09:55:34 PM

I fail to see how a successful currency can not be commercial, surely that's the definition if a currency being used for commerce?

If anything I've said is vaguely useful feel free to show your appreciation
btc: 1MfMjYXnHkGyRSE9f14XJsmxruuiVreEDh
bte: 8dH3WNre8DPyuj3oCFFNetTtVMXygs59t8
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 10:01:58 PM

I would prefer a exchange without a fee or with a voluntarily fee.
I would prefer a open source thinking and donation instead of fixed fees. 

See http://bitcoinmarkets.com/markets.php?sort=transactionfee&sortorder=ASC
robocop (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 04:12:42 AM

@mizerydearia

thank you very much  Grin
btcfan

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 04:19:32 AM

really?
RADEONHD

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 05:34:08 AM

Bitcoin needs to run ads on Fox News like all those cash for gold scams.
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 11:17:14 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2011, 12:59:05 AM by mizerydearia

Bitcoin is not artificial intelligence and even if it were I do not believe it would have the ability to establish communication across necessary channels or mediums to interact with those necessary to make it possible to display ads on one or more video networks.  Besides, I find it difficult to comprehend how Bitcoin could even prepare video content to submit to the video networks as well.  I would imagine at least one or more humans would need to assist Bitcoin in this endeavour even if Bitcoin were to show such initiative.

Perhaps you mean to imply referencing Bitcoin as a kind of entity or community, one that you are not part of?  e.g. something liek 'anonymous' or '99%' as an entity or community, and again, one in which you are not part of?

Or maybe someone gave birth to an animal (probably human) and named them 'Bitcoin?'  Or someone officially/legally changed their name to 'Bitcoin?'

Sultan:
s/BitCoin/Bitcoin/
s/SkyNet/Skynet/
(some people liek to grossly abuse case ._.)
case saixraep ftl

FTFY
InterSanGo is an exChange which curRentLy do not charge aNy fees (exCept the naTurAl ones like inTerNaTioNal bank transFers). There are soLuTions out there!

Ane I like the post aBout this SkyNet-like enTiTy called BitCoin!
Sultan

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 11:59:00 AM

Intersango is an exchange which currently do not charge any fees (except the natural ones like international bank transfers). There are solutions out there!

Ane I like the post about this SkyNet-like entity called BitCoin!

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!
ovidiusoft

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:48:11 PM

@Bittertea
I know the sense of options or margin trades but in real the options and margin trades will be used to speculate with bitcoins. We will see ;-)

True for margin trades, not entirely correct for options. A risk-adverse businessmen will find options useful. One can buy options for the amounts needed to pay expenses and do a clean exit if the exchange rate plummets and the business is no longer profitable.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 06:28:52 PM

Bitcoin is not artificial intelligence and even if it were I do not believe it would have the ability to establish communication across necessary channels or mediums to interact with those necessary to make it possible to display ads on one or more video networks.  Besides, I find it difficult to comprehend how Bitcoin could even prepare video content to submit to the video networks as well.  I would imagine at least one or more humans would need to assist Bitcoin in this endeavour even if Bitcoin were to show such initiative.

Surely it could hire actors, filmcrew etc by email and similar and have someone hired in a similar manner deliver the tape/disc to Faux News headquarters or whatever is the suitable address for such things.

Though perhaps Bitcoin is not an AI per se, but some sort of emergent memetic superorganism, humans are just cells/drones, cogs in the machine, turning as it breathes.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: