Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: At what price will you consider to by some speculative bitcoins  (Voting closed: October 26, 2011, 04:07:26 PM)
.01 to .5 - 20 (22.7%)
.51 to .99 - 22 (25%)
1.00 to 1.49 - 18 (20.5%)
1.5 to 2.00 - 14 (15.9%)
I will not buy bitcoins - 8 (9.1%)
I will wait to it is $25 dollars again - 6 (6.8%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At what price will you buy some speculative bitcoins  (Read 3279 times)
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:07:26 PM

I wanted to start a poll to see how long you will wait before you consider to buy bitcoins?

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sukiho

Activity: 514

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:12:09 PM

right now 2.2 looks good to me
Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:13:09 PM

I buy them at a variety of prices all day long. I just make sure to sell them quickly.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:13:59 PM

Buy a bunch then.  Let us know how many you buy and for what price so we can see exactly how much value you lose over the next several days/weeks/months.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:14:46 PM

I love to buy some right now but the procedures for buying is so troublesome Sad .
captainteemo

Activity: 143
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:21:39 PM

i hate this omg i bought so many bitcoins at $30 i have literally nothign now, i took out of my 401k, i took out of my savings just to fund this
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:23:51 PM

Things may not be that bad, what goes down will come up and vice versa.   The huge decrease may be due to the market digesting the $30 a coin bubble, who knows it will be up soon?
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:24:18 PM

i hate this omg i bought so many bitcoins at $30 i have literally nothign now, i took out of my 401k, i took out of my savings just to fund this

please tell me you are joking. please.

fucking a man, cashing out a 401k for bitcoins? that's crazy.

get a good tradebot or (slightly more risky) open up accounts at a couple exchanges, and take advantage of arbitrage, check http://nyse-group.de/bitcoin-arbitrage for opportunities.

doing one or both, you should be able to recoup some of your losses..

bitcoins are a gamble.....never gamble what you cant afford to lose.

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:36:29 PM

..., who knows it will be up soon?

I'll tell you who knows. Nobody.
Nobody knows.
captainteemo

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:41:25 PM

please tell me you are joking. please.

fucking a man, cashing out a 401k for bitcoins? that's crazy.
get a good tradebot or (slightly more risky) open up accounts at a couple exchanges, and take advantage of arbitrage, check http://nyse-group.de/bitcoin-arbitrage for opportunities.
doing one or both, you should be able to recoup some of your losses..
bitcoins are a gamble.....never gamble what you cant afford to lose.

bitcoins are not gambling . bitcoins are a currency, just like USD, EUR. i've been converting my income to BTC then buying food with it to support the bitcoin economy but i don't know how much longer i can keep this up
sukiho

Activity: 514

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:44:04 PM

Buy a bunch then.  Let us know how many you buy and for what price so we can see exactly how much value you lose over the next several days/weeks/months.
right now I wouldnt want to hold them that long, altho if I had to I would rather be doing it now then a month ago
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:44:54 PM

bitcoins are not gambling . bitcoins are a currency, just like USD, EUR. i've been converting my income to BTC then buying food with it to support the bitcoin economy but i don't know how much longer i can keep this up

they certainly are a gamble, at least until some assemblence of price stability happens (which is why you are holding that bag of $30 btc).

but hey, i gave you good advice on how to recoup some of your losses...its up to you whether you choose to take it
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:47:08 PM

i've been converting my income to BTC then buying food with it to support the bitcoin economy but i don't know how much longer i can keep this up

Don't do this. Instead, deposit part of the money at an exchange and buy coins only when you need to spend them. The process is instantaneous so there is no need for you to hold bitcoins for more than a few minutes. I also try to shop with bitcoins when I can, but I never hold on to them (except for the money I set aside for speculation).
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:50:24 PM

they certainly are a gamble, at least until some assemblence of price stability happens (which is why you are holding that bag of $30 btc).

but hey, i gave you good advice on how to recoup some of your losses...its up to you whether you choose to take it

are there any tradebots that could be recommended for total trading newb such as myself, that could be easily setup with mtgox and other bitcoin exchanges?
lowlevel

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:52:18 PM

I have to assume this is a joke... right?  Grin

Would you rather talk Altcoins? - https://cryptocointalk.com/
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:53:50 PM

are there any tradebots that could be recommended for total trading newb such as myself, that could be easily setup with mtgox and other bitcoin exchanges?

i use  https://dnnbitcoin.aricie.com/Default.aspx?tabid=58  its free, open source, and works well.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:55:52 PM

i use  https://dnnbitcoin.aricie.com/Default.aspx?tabid=58  its free, open source, and works well.

thanks, I'll check it out
captainteemo

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:02:13 PM

i've been converting my income to BTC then buying food with it to support the bitcoin economy but i don't know how much longer i can keep this up

Don't do this. Instead, deposit part of the money at an exchange and buy coins only when you need to spend them. The process is instantaneous so there is no need for you to hold bitcoins for more than a few minutes. I also try to shop with bitcoins when I can, but I never hold on to them (except for the money I set aside for speculation).

how much would you reocmmend for speculation i lost a lot in mybitcoin so i dont really like to keep any in wallet or exchanges because centralisation of a decentralised currency doesn't seem like the best idea
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:12:01 PM

The golden rule of gambling is to only gamble what you can afford to lose. You were greedy and you lost. No sympathy from me.
captainteemo

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:12:35 PM

The golden rule of gambling is to only gamble what you can afford to lose. You were greedy and you lost. No sympathy from me.
Im considering just cashing out everything for $14k and leaving it at that, taking a loss on the rest

But it could always go up... in between a rrock and hard place atm.. cash out or hold until it rises back to 30..

you know how stock marktet is.... rule is buy low sell high.. why not buy at 1,5€ and wait for it to go up ... ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: