Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:39:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal ransomware ?  (Read 524 times)
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:22:34 PM

Why need this if you can use winrar? Winrar encrypts and secure files greatly and the fun fact is you hold the password. No need to pay even a cent.

Your idea is good for one or two persons you already know, but what about sharing it over the internet ? How will you manage to get your payment ? Here come sych innovative service ... if someone pay to decrypt your archive, you will receive instantly your payment.

Thank you for the clarification. Then this is a good idea, especially if you're dealing with a person you don't want to have a connection with but you would want to give services for payment. This is great for securing that the transaction will happen for both parties.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:44:31 PM

Not bad if they organized the process without possibility  to use this service as a scam malware and will maintain the security

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
IslandLady

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:58:02 PM

Not sure about the legitimicy of the platform but the idea of ransomware sounds very wrong to me. What is the point of encrypting a file and asking money for it for someone? I personally would have never used it as it might be scam as it doesn't have any information available online. But, would like to read some user reviews here on the forum.
SwampRose

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:46:52 PM

There are already softwares and platform available both online and offline that let's you store your data or files using password. Now, asking money for decrypting files looks like overkill to me. However, people who want to sell data and information can use it for themeselves but then again, what sort of data people sells for money? Either highly confidential or illegal information. So, doesn't look a good platform to me.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

I think it's one stupid idea.
Basically you crypt your files and the only way to get it the decrypted is by sending a sum to an address from which those guys take a fee?
Correct me if I'm wrong but from their tiny instructions, this is all I could figure.

Besides, it's not ransomware, it's more like masochistware to me.
What if you need those files urgently and you have no BTC left?  Grin Grin

There are hundreds of ways to secure your files by encryption for free, why would you pay for this?

Sometimes, I am always taken aback about the 'ingenuity' of our so called developers in on what they come up with and called a project and I believe if there is an opportunity to raise an ICO, he would surely take it and then talk about how difficult it is to get people to invest thinking they just invest in anything. Aside from the issue you raised, what if I keep my private key, and someone access it on their server which means I willingly handed over the key to my safe room to an external party which even negates the principle of blockchain that you should be the one in charge of your wallet no matter how safe the third party is making his service.
streamplus

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:43:58 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 02:55:05 PM by streamplus

Basically you crypt your files and the only way to get it the decrypted is by sending a sum to an address from which those guys take a fee?
Correct me if I'm wrong but from their tiny instructions, this is all I could figure.

There are hundreds of ways to secure your files by encryption for free, why would you pay for this?

Sometimes, I am always taken aback about the 'ingenuity' of our so called developers in on what they come up with and called a project and I believe if there is an opportunity to raise an ICO, he would surely take it and then talk about how difficult it is to get people to invest thinking they just invest in anything. Aside from the issue you raised, what if I keep my private key, and someone access it on their server which means I willingly handed over the key to my safe room to an external party which even negates the principle of blockchain that you should be the one in charge of your wallet no matter how safe the third party is making his service.

LOL

I laugh at peoples commenting without taking time to read the whole first posts of this thread, they take in count and read the first comment only and make their jugement based on that.

This software let you sell your files, or any digital goods by encrypting + archive it locally (without losting your original file) and then share over the web and broadcast it for potential buyers.

By reading the OP post, I logically thought about that,  I do not know how you can come up with such misunderstanding and bad use about this software.

And the decentralized part of this software make it for both users and czip, less space for file storage, and for users prevent from file deletion since the file is not stored on the server.
BattleHippo

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:50:15 PM

I believe it's one moronic thought. Fundamentally you tomb your records and the best way to get it the decoded is by sending a total to an address from which those folks take a charge? There are many approaches to anchor your records by encryption for nothing, for what reason would you pay for this?
streamplus

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:55:46 PM

I believe it's one moronic thought. Fundamentally you tomb your records and the best way to get it the decoded is by sending a total to an address from which those folks take a charge? There are many approaches to anchor your records by encryption for nothing, for what reason would you pay for this?

LOL
Please read and understand it before posting for just posting.
blackrain321

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:28:17 PM

I found this one is very stupid to try out. What it basically does is just unlock the data you have provided to and decrypted it. I believe strong passwords may solve this problem easily if you are any case forgetful about your staff then you may write it down in your personal diary or something.
mr-anonymous

Activity: 30
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:29:02 PM

This way someone can sell file using torrent (p2p)  without redirecting user to online selling platform  or middle online service.

For me, it's good idea but not to compare to ransomware since it's more related to archives.

Title should be: Cryptocurrency archive protector for commercial usage, or something similar.
jamesbondbd007

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:28:49 PM

Ransomware is a negative thing. I think they are crypto service provider. By the way their plan is not bad from my view. But i have not found any authentic review about them. So can not judge it.
Crystalcoin24

Activity: 236

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:46:25 PM

Not a bad idea indeed. It looks like rar files just difference is it is paid software. I think if they are not scam they can do good in the crypto industry. Lets see what happens with them.
pimondcrypto

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:03:23 PM

I can not find any experts opinion about it. Maybe they have newly announced their project. Anyway from my opinion i don't think it will be safe to use them without doing a proper research.
easycoin995

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:17:38 PM

Yeah it’s good. It seems really promising to me and I think it has a great potential. I hope people will get help from it and do some business.
MeBi_US

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 07:26:46 PM

you are undoubtedly right, top-level mazahism. You did not think by accident that you can infect your computer with viruses. We cried your dollars, and the creators of the program will bathe in your tokens. Since most users store their password data on the PC. Even if the access keys or passwords have been deleted, you can find them on the trail and on contact with the flash media, everything passes to the phishers.
bitcoindigger71

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:31:16 PM

This is really a very good idea. It sounds cool. I really appreciate their innovative idea and this kind of project is very much needed to help people doing business in this growing cryptomarket.
BitCoinGuy10

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:43:21 PM

A good innovative idea indeed. I hope it will get the acceptance of people and will be helpful for them. I like this project and appreciate it. Best of luck to them.
LuckyOctopus

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:10:32 PM

I have no clue how to get to these drives any longer, it's fundamentally outlandish, they are futile except if I can be messed with designing them and I don't generally require that space.
MegaDots

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:52:25 PM

I have checked it. It looks good and promising. I liked the idea very much. I hope it will be accepted and people will be helped by its service to have information do business
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:16:58 PM

Yeah that is exactly what it is. It's like a pyramid but with Cryptocurrency and without paying for referrals(I think, unless they implement it later).

It's the exact same thing Hackers use when encrypting the personal or work files of someone and then ask for a Bitcoin fee to unlock them - But now you make them use it by their own will and make them pay for the rescue in the exact same way. From the bad Hacker perspective this is brilliant.

However, the people who use it really need to read a lot more books and educate themselves more.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: