Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me, or are most of us actually just forgetful, greedy bastards?  (Read 905 times)
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:12:36 PM

I think that the current fall in price is because of the panic sell of most of the investors who did a late entry in crypto in the month of December. It might also be manipulation in price but I don't think a manipulation of price can last so long so it should definitely be the panic sell which has led to a huge sell off and hence the marketcap has become so low. I really don't care of the price as of now because I am here for a long term and I believe that BTC and other promising altcoins will surely make it huge in the long term.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anil_saini01

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:05:33 PM

No its not just you. You are not alone in this. Even I joined crypto because of my greed to earn huge profits without working too much and look where it has gotten all of us. Most of the people are in huge loss due to this.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:19:17 PM

Look at the accounts of people who are worried about the price on this forum or any other platform - most of them are not older than 6-12 months, so how can they forget something that they haven't experienced? Psychologically, looking at the historical charts is very different from experiencing those market movements. Many people become hodlers because they get accustomed to volatility and no longer care about crashes. But most newcomers don't even have any experience in investing, so going through their first bear market is very hard for them.

to be fair majority of those accounts are throwaway accounts that belong to certain people who have been spreading FUD on bitcointalk for a very long time. probably from early days (like kuwakduck for example). they try their best to increase the fear by putting wood in the fire that is already burning so that they can buy bitcoin at the bottom or short it and make a little more money.

i should also mention that you become a holder when you don't want to be a trader. it doesn't have to be because you are accustomed to volatility. being a trader is time consuming, hard and thanks to shitty exchanges that get hacked or go down during rises/falls is risky.

Some of them are, but I believe majority is simply worried investors who might also be doing investment for the first time in their life. I'm not talking about FUDers here, but about people who simply ask about the price over and over again.

What I meant about becoming a hodler is actually obtaining this kind of mentality when you just no longer worry about the price because you've decided to hold for years. And it's not incompatible with trading, because you can still trade with some part of your portfolio.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:55:36 PM

Yes, indeed it is, people get used to good things and forget the past. In 2009, no one even thought that bitcoin would reach 20K, and now everyone is just waiting for this figure and do not want to accept other

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:23:39 PM

Yes, indeed it is, people get used to good things and forget the past. In 2009, no one even thought that bitcoin would reach 20K, and now everyone is just waiting for this figure and do not want to accept other
You are right, people nowadays are expecting too much about bitcoin, they don't even know how they'll handle things and how they are going to do when the price dumps too much without realizing that before bitcoin value was nothing, so we just need to be patient all the time.

Watch out for this SPACE!
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:34:28 PM

The charts are interesting to look. It is the charts that are creating the awareness of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. The truth is we all need to look at the charts. Looking at the chart is not the issue. Expecting that the price will always go up to the moon is the problem.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

noobrik (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:35:15 PM

No its not just you. You are not alone in this. Even I joined crypto because of my greed to earn huge profits without working too much and look where it has gotten all of us. Most of the people are in huge loss due to this.
Well I'm positive we'll recoup these losses. We just have to stay strong and trust in history!
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:37:34 PM

Yeah this is exactly what bugs me about us humans. If we dont have or know about something, then everything is cool. But once we see the possibility of something, it automatically becomes as if we cant live without that possibility
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:39:48 PM

The charts are interesting to look. It is the charts that are creating the awareness of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. The truth is we all need to look at the charts. Looking at the chart is not the issue. Expecting that the price will always go up to the moon is the problem.
The expectation is really too much. Bitcoin is NOT A COMPANY yet worth over $100 bn currently. What more do we need?
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:47:12 PM

very good statement, I think that we cannot be separated from FUD and FOMO, it will always interfere with the development of the market.

we don't forget that bitcoin once reached $ 20,000, we are now only controlled by concerns that create panic and FOMO.

so, a wise attitude to face a bearish market is not panic, calm, and must play professionally.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:55:41 PM

Yes that a typical human nature that always forget about the past so often. Truly its not easy to watch your investment get sliced at every dip. Its a confusion for major trader which discourages them from holding. We all will he smiling soon. Lets keep it cool.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:21:15 PM

I think greedy are those who are not satisfied with crypto values, they want to master the bitcoin market, they want to have bitcoin, their ambitions are huge. like china.

You are right, that the bearish market now makes us forget that bitcoin once reached 20K.

but quickly, the bearish market makes us forget.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:31:19 PM

You can't blame them. Some of them bought at 18k$ so it must be mentally taxing for then to hold all this time. I hope though that they realize that this dump is just temporary and will recover soon.

Yadamosan

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:37:48 PM

If only they took time to learn first before they invested their money, I think this thread is for those who already been here before or for those who did their
research and investigate deeper, but for people who been brought here because of the trend happens last yearends maybe they are not greedy but lack of
information to survive with this downfall.
Bit poul

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:12:03 AM

The people who are wise and experienced will wait in the time of bear runs. When the market becomes bullish, they take the right decisions and gains profit. Market is volatile always, the real Crypto-enthusiasts are more likely to keep patience when it is needed.
PickwickRock

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:16:34 AM

Blockchain technology is better than the other new technologies in the world and cryptocurrency is using this technology. there is a high probability to gain much profin and that's why there are many FUD and FOMO. So, we should try to avoid this.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 04:39:08 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2018, 05:02:49 PM by BitcoinFX

I know this comes of as harsh and self loathing at the very least, but I'm gonna say it. I'm greedy, I'm forgetful and I'm probably a schmuck. Now I need you to say it with me. When I mean "you" I mean any earthling born of a woman (traditional, surrogate, or one of these innovative sci-fi ways people bear children these days) who has complained or been complaining about the current price of BITCOIN and the entire crypto market in general.

I'm going to say this in as few words as possible, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN BITCOIN'S PRICE IN 2009 THROUGH 2013, UP TO EVEN AS RECENT AS 2016? Also have you all forgotten the market cap, the lack of news worthiness of the blockchain in those days as compared to today? I'm not gonna do your homework for you all, google can provide good starting points to get those data.

My point is instead of us being greedy schmucks chasing and reading charts all day (except that's your day job then, well, I'm sorry you're not a schmuck), obsessing over price drops that quite frankly are orders of magnitude bigger than what it was years just a few years back. If you couldn't get in then to buy cheap, then don't blame the market for buying BTC at $20000. Be honest to yourself, whose fault is that?

Stop all the FUDding and especially the FOMOing, relax and accept the undeniable fact that the blockchain is an amazing tech a lot of us are privileged to have seen in their lifetime, and know that value always trumps doubt any day any time. Chill and invest in value, transparency, and an actual blockchain, then forget the noise and be glad to be alive. Its a good day to be alive!

[EDIT: August 16, 2018] English is quite funny so some words can be used quite fluidly. The "bastard" term is used as in "You lucky bastard", just in a more negative way Grin

No. I have no recency bias. I'm the antithesis of your 'forgetful', 'greedy BTCast*rd' ... and yet ...

"The industry of the integrated spectacle and immaterial command owes me money {bitcoin}.

I will not come to terms with it until I will not have what is owed to me. For all the times I appeared on TV, films, and on the radio as a casual passersby or as an element of the landscape, and my image has not been compensated . . . for all the words or expressions of high communicative impact I have coined in peripheral cafes, squares, street corners, and social centers that became powerful advertising jingles, without seeing a dime; for all the times my name and my personal data have been put at work inside stats, to adjust the demand, refine marketing strategies, increase the productivity of firms to which I could not be more indifferent; for all the advertising I continuously make by wearing branded t-shirts, backpacks, socks, jackets, bathing suits, towels, without my body being remunerated as a commercial billboard; for all of this and much more, the industry of the integrated spectacle owes me money {bitcoin}! I understand it may be difficult to calculate how much they owe me as an individual. But this is not necessary at all, because I am {insert your name here}, the multiple and the multiplex. And what the industry of the integrated spectacle owes me, it is owed to the many that I am, and is owed to me because I am many. From this viewpoint, we can agree on a generalized compensation. You will not have peace until I will not have the money {bitcoin}! LOTS OF MONEY {BTCITCOIN} BECAUSE I AM MANY: CITIZEN INCOME FOR {INSERT YOUR NAME HERE}!"
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Blissett_(nom_de_plume)

Always try to remember to be more like Joey Allegra ...
- https://moxie.org/stories/money-machine/

+ MERIT for OP and yes .. It's (always) a good day to be alive! ... staring down the money machines of the world.  Cheesy

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
redrose8226

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:01:49 PM

Based on this current situation we have some problem because we want fast result for everything same case happens in crypto market also because we want to invest short term investment which is also risky.
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:03:46 PM

Agree with that, BTC costs a good amount of money, and a few years go it's still costed a lot. 20 000 for BTC is quite a lot right now, what if btc should cost about 1k back again?

cryptolovers990

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:17:09 PM

Actually greed destroys everything and we want quick result for everything if we hold coin for long term I mean long term investment then it will be helpful for us but most of them don't do this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: