Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS RISK IN INVESTING IN CRYPTOCURRENCY  (Read 2467 times)
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:02:28 AM

Making investments is a risky way of getting profit, that's for sure. And crypto investments can be described as the riskiest ones. Crypto os volatile, not stable, not regulated. No wonder, it's risky to put money in it, but on the bright side is the opportunity to earn a nice amount of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:03:28 AM

the risk in cryptocurrency is huge, we can find out if the cryptocurrency is currently in a low position and it can cause a risk of loss. but it is all a risk that must be faced by investors so before investing, always pay attention to the risks

Taniya1901

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:18:39 AM

Risk of entering the wrong coin, Risk of entering at the wrong time. Here's a live example: Who entered bitcoin at the end of 2017, has now lost quite a few. But the higher your knowledge, the lower the risks and higher the profit.
GreenSeem

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:45:50 AM

i invest so much in cryptocurrency there is possible a risk? in investing in cryptocurrency, what is the main risk you encounter in investing in crypto
i hope an anyone give me an example a risk in investing in cryptocurrency,
before deciding to invest in cryptocurrency you should understand what risks will be faced. you can lose money invested in cryptocurrency because everything that uses the internet network can be easily stolen by others if we cannot secure the private key that we have properly. besides, cryptocurrency price movements are very easy to change so fast, you can benefit from it if the price can increase more sharply and vice versa you could lose money that has been invested because the price movement has dropped dramatically.
ok, I will note the private key for wallet protection so that others won't easily steal it, thank you for sharing your experience
Rtalk

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:51:30 AM

All risks are obvious! Many come to hyip in the hope of getting rich quickly and after the fall lose their investment.Investing in this market - you can lose everything.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:58:37 AM

I think the risk is the high volatility of the markets. You're money is safe in crypto currency since they are encrypted and unhackable depending on how you secure your wallet. Since 2008 Bitcoin has not been hacked yet they may say it has but exchanges only but the main network of Bitcoin is still not yet hacked.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:01:09 AM

i invest so much in cryptocurrency there is possible a risk? in investing in cryptocurrency, what is the main risk you encounter in investing in crypto

Risk number one and the only one is loss, if people say get stress tell him stress came from loss. Maybe you already hear about stuck and hacked, for that problem I can say you are the problem. Know about the risk is basic knowledge and never enter market with out that, trust me.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 09:58:32 AM

Market is very volatile and it really could make you rich or not the way your expecting an investment would turn out.
so crypto market is unpredictable, i suggest you study here for a while. and start reading some thread regarding any interest you would like to invest time and money.

and some scam is considered also risk right.
ill give you quite something for example.
Ill start with Scam ICOs in which ICOs projects will invite possible investors and then just ran and take all the money earn on the ICO. and not continuing the project.
and in some countries are ponzi scheme, in which your going to invest an initial amount and promised a larger profit for a month or so. but in the end its a pure scam.
nianastasia62

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:04:52 AM

In this market, the risk lies only in the inability to trade and understand the quality of ICO projects. If you constantly study the information and improve your skills the risk will be much less !

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Justinalex

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:37:26 PM

Big risk in every investment loses all the funds you have. Don't you think crypto doesn't have any risk, it's wrong. There are many threats that you will find such as fraud, accounts are hacked, and can drop prices too. You also have to know what the risks are before investing your money in crypto, you get scammed on ico or they stop working or the product fails.
Exequy

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:57:00 PM

Much more than investing in traditional stocks.

go with your gut.

We're building a security token which will be used in the funeral industry. Just created this profile, but you want to invest in companies which have an excellent product, which is able to go live and be useful now. Not 5 years from now. invest in security tokens backed by assets and revenue and projects you'll earn dividends on. Invest in projects with MVPs either live or beta testing (shows they have skin in the game, are putting in work and committed) not just an idea and whitepaper.

Without going into detail (wait until official release) our project will revolutionize the entire funeral industry and enable families to plan a funeral from beginning to end. We're making it so they don't have to deal with salesperson's or spend the day dealing with the industry; worldwide. We're launching a beta in NYC for testing.

Blockchain uses include
- local and global death certificate registry
- obituary services & lookup
- Memorization and legacy saving
- and much more

We're working on the MVP and haven't launched our site or ICO site. If you're curious to know more; follow us on twitter for updates.

twiiter.com/_exequy.

Message me on here if you have any questions. We'll be posting more information soon.
Sifon

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:33:48 PM

There are several risks involved with investments in cryptos;

1. Sudden price drops after purchase of coins due to high volatility.
2. Scam projects exiting with your investments in their scam ICO, money gone down the drain.
3. Wallet hacks by criminals, you lose everything with no chance of getting anything back.
4. Cease and desist for a project and by extension their coin, hence the token/coins in your possession become worthless.
5. Cryptos not regulated, so scammers hardly get prosecuted.

Those among many are some of the risks associated with investing in cryptocurrencies..
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:14:10 PM

The biggest risk in investing in cryptocurrency is to lose your investment.
The market is volatile and if you invested in some not established coins your investment can go near to zero.
This is why we has to make a deep research prior to investing.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:30:29 PM

When investing in crypto, we certainly always find the risk of loss, when you buy coins and sometimes the coin price is dumped, you will lose. I have experienced it when I bought it a few times when the price broke, even though the coin was popular and previously had a good price. Maybe this is our challenge as an investor in playing investment, you see prices are stable and then you buy them and immediately the price decreases. It's like gambling, if you are lucky you will be rich and if the price decreases then you will lose.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
$9million

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:32:22 PM

Calculating the risks involved in cryptocurrency is quite not possible because in an6 investment,  there's risks involved. You need to be smart and alert and be ready for anything which may happen. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket.
haydrop

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 10:38:37 PM

the most common and prominent risk is the volatility of digital currency. if you are not well learned about it, you might lose all your investment
Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:54:11 PM

There is a risk in every investment and for crypto, its the Volatile market. The price can suddenly go up and down and the changes  can be unpredictable. I also don't want to sugar coat on this so I would like to inform you that there are unsuccessful ICO's that can make your money gone the moment the ICO was finished. From what I know, if the ICO turns out to be a failure, they will not return your money but will try to make things better on their end so you can get a coin and sell it someday.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
romaleshc

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

Investing in cryptocurrency will be very risky if you do not have the experience. If you want to invest in cryptos safely, you should only invest in BTC, ETH, and long-term investments, and invest in altcoins. And the short-term ICO in the current low exchange rate is very wrong.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Sharingjoy

Activity: 130

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:46:58 AM

You said you had already invested in crypto and why you didn't know that the risk is higher than any form of investment. The main risk is you will lose your money if you don't manage your investment property which you need knowledge in this technology.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:16:52 AM

The first risk will be the volatility of crypto is very high,  the price can be crash more than 20% just afew hours and can be going down 90% in amonth.  Second risk is hacking and fraud.  So make sure you only put money that willing to loss in cryptocurrency. But with high risk also will be offer high profit like 10 times profit just in amonth or 100 times profit just in ayears. 
So far, I want to believe volatility is actually the major risk when it comes to investing in cryptocurrency. Asides from the fact that it is a new space and a lot of development are still coming up as time goes on, it makes it a lot subjected to huge speculation, less usage for what it is and most people just seeing it more as a speculative investment than the real thing. This is one thing that has made the volatility what it is but one thing I believe would become less as we forge ahead and the market becomes more matured.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: