Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's your opinion?  (Voting closed: August 19, 2018, 10:41:29 AM)
Right - 5 (55.6%)
Wrong - 4 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 9

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Extended the token sale date  (Read 207 times)
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:57:52 PM

If there is such a situation that the project can not get the right amount, maybe because there are so many reasons to why they can extend the token sales date. sometimes the team developer extend their iconic time because they want to achieve a full sales target, but now most of the projects have done that, only some a reasonof them are because the market has decreased.
anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:59:11 PM

If Any ICO extended the token sale for any reason like they not reached the Softcap or hardscap for any reason like for down market. So what's your opinion is it right of wrong?

If the ICO reached the SOF-CAP and they extend the ICO, i think this is all wrong.
The project can continue without extending the ICO.
If they are close to have soft-cap and want to extend the ICO it will be good for both sides.
21BTC100ETH

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:02:01 PM

It is very wrong postponing dates.
Kulitha

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 03:11:41 PM

I think Extending token sale doesn't give us good signs about future of project. Because it shows us the failure of road map and their plan. Because of this reason I don't think extending doesn't make confidence about project. But their will be acceptable reason for some projects. but we should think twice before investing on those projects.
immersionforster

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:17:56 PM

ye, it can be a solution but only if just a littlke bit missing for soft cap
Kayuslawal

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:24:15 PM

Situation warrants them to extend the time and more reason is when they have not achieved their soft cap due to one reason or other like the way bear markets affected all ico to achieve hard cap, its good if the reason is genuine.
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:04:12 PM

it's possible that an ICO could extend their token sale date, I don't see any wrong in that. currently market is down and the eth price is down as well so people normally avoid investing in an ICO when the market is bear, so an ICO could extend for a better market condition.

ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:14:13 PM

If Any ICO extended the token sale for any reason like they not reached the Softcap or hardscap for any reason like for down market. So what's your opinion is it right of wrong?

It is in general terms wrong, you have set an objectives and make a promise to your investors. If you choose not to comply it is a clear sign that you are not to be trusted.

Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:38:15 AM

i think it will do better thing. if ICO extend time for sal it will positive sign for ICO. it can collect more capital for project and people can increase their investment. i'm also support this. i want know more about this.
TomJ.Lawson

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:20:51 AM

if ICO extend the time for sale then it will be good for ICO because are sale are increase and collect more capital. it will be do better before than. i have no idea about this. i want to know more about this.
Arthur Fookin Shelby

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:32:30 AM

Not a big issue I feel. The only fact that matters is to analyze and research about them and make sure they are not a scam. The team plays a major role!
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:39:53 AM

For me it's up to them if will be good to extend it to make the target or the softcap. Then it can be favor to the some people who want to invest to that ICO they can buy because of the extension. But then it can have negative effect because some of the investors will just dump it because of that activity and some investors will not buy for it because of that reason.
GhostKnight

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:11:12 PM

If the ICO increases the time of sale of token, it will be good because the tokens will be sold more than before and the capital increases. But I do not have a good idea about this, so I want to know more.
Natusik

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:48:48 PM

I believe that this can only testify to one thing - the project is very bad, the ICO did not bring the desired result. I also think that the extension of the ICO as a rule does not change the situation for the better!
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:02:14 PM

if something like that happens, thats fine with me. i do not find that really bad in the current market and can also occur in very good projects. you should not be put off or upset about it. if an ico is extended, it usually has good reasons. rather an extension and the softcap may still be achieved than if the project gives up and pays back the money invested.
bitfocus741

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:09:50 PM

If the situation stays in this condition that the exact amount of the project is not available. Then there are many options and if investors want to invest more, than ICO project can take more time. It can do good.
Lab_Rat

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:09:05 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2018, 08:38:57 PM by Lab_Rat

I think that ICOs extension it is common and normal situation on the falling market. It is very hard to reach softcap on red market, but if ICO is already spent money for marketing, so they want to have second try to collect money.

Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:44:34 PM

It can be right in the right circumstances but seeing as the coins that are coming out now are all scams, I do not think that it is the right thing. The project creators are just trying as much as they can to get more money off the investors which is why they are extending the ICO dates and always pushing it further. It is why so many people have refused to invest in them.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: