Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Keiser speaking at Bitcoin Conference in Prague  (Read 2487 times)
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:44:48 PM

Max Keiser (http://maxkeiser.com) just tweeted:

Quote from: maxkeiser
I'll be speaking at bitcoin conference in Prague November making the case why #occupy protests need to embrace global pirate parties

awesome, I love the guy.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 08:47:33 PM

NICE ONE!!  Grin

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 08:48:06 PM

I look forward to having a beer with Max, and paying for it with Bitcoins!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:58:25 PM

Just looked at the list of speakers here: http://conference.bitgroups.org/

Rick Falkvinge will also speak, Amir Taaki, too and other well-knowns like Vladimir.

David G.W. Birch (is a Director of Consult Hyperion) came as a surprise to me, very interesting indeed!

The list really makes me want to go... but I probably wont be able to. I hope the online coverage will be good.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 09:23:31 PM

Looks like it's going to be an awesome conference!

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 09:31:06 PM

Max Keiser is a big time addition. I have to start checking plane ticket prices, it's starting to get really tempting to go there. It's not even far, I live in Finland. And I've been to Prague before. It's a nice city and the prices are cheap.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 09:34:33 PM

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40272
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 09:46:19 PM

Max tweeted:

Quote from: maxkeiser
we'll be there bitcoin Prague, reserve shares in our film of the event: goo.gl/iey68

interesting... they're planning to make a film (26 minutes, news) about the bitcoin confererence... are looking for $900. Too bad one can't fund via bitcoin.

I wonder if Max is funding all his shows this way and what kind of film this will be...?

worldly

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 10:00:31 PM

http://www.piratemyfilm.com/projects/291

here is the link to support Max

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 10:20:46 PM

Is this just donating or do you get something back?
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:35:30 AM

Great speaker line-up!  I'm glad we are building a really good foundation instead of just hyping up the price of bitcoins.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:03:58 AM

Interesting.  Keiser/Herbert seem to have been fairly mute on Bitcoin after some early and generally supportive mentions.  I sense that it alienates some of their PM-centric friends and detracts from the 'buy silver' campaign (by competing for speculative funds of course.)  Or maybe they are savvy enough to have noticed the likely decline and wanted to wait for more opportune timing so as not to tarnish their reputation (which is pretty stellar IMHO.)

This could be a fairly big deal I would suspect.  They have quite an audience at this point, and the audience is already pretty aware of and agitated about the banking shenanigans.  Also, I imagine that a fair fraction of the audience actually has both some bucks and some gonads.  If some of them took an active interest I could see it being somewhat bullish for Bitcoin.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:21:48 AM

Interesting.  Keiser/Herbert seem to have been fairly mute on Bitcoin after some early and generally supportive mentions.  I sense that it alienates some of their PM-centric friends and detracts from the 'buy silver' campaign (by competing for speculative funds of course.)  Or maybe they are savvy enough to have noticed the likely decline and wanted to wait for more opportune timing so as not to tarnish their reputation (which is pretty stellar IMHO.)

This could be a fairly big deal I would suspect.  They have quite an audience at this point, and the audience is already pretty aware of and agitated about the banking shenanigans.  Also, I imagine that a fair fraction of the audience actually has both some bucks and some gonads.  If some of them took an active interest I could see it being somewhat bullish for Bitcoin.

Good points.

I'm hopeful that Keiser will help build a bridge between the precious metals camp and the Bitcoin camp. There is no need for antagonism between the two - precious metals and Bitcoin complement each other beautifully, each filling the weaknesses of the other.

Some people say that gold tends to be the best form of money.
Others say that gold is the ONLY real form of money.

The former group will be much more open to Bitcoin - as the new market entrant doesn't preclude their strongly-held beliefs. The latter group might never give Bitcoin a chance, unfortunately.  Interestingly, those who understand WHY gold is a great form of money should be able to figure out the allure of Bitcoin. The specific properties to each make them both excellent money - one sitting in your vault in the physical world, the other sitting in your computer in the digital world.

And in both cases, far better and more moral than paper certificates inscribed with the fiat stamp of government and backed by the threat of violence.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 06:51:48 AM

Interestingly, those who understand WHY gold is a great form of money should be able to figure out the allure of Bitcoin. The specific properties to each make them both excellent money - one sitting in your vault in the physical world, the other sitting in your computer in the digital world.

Some of the limitations of physical are part of what made me so interested in Bitcoin early on (in my actual study of it.)  At first I really didn't understand the animosity, but it seems to be primarily among the silver people and there are some real mouth-breathing day-trader caliber folk in that camp.  I don't get the sense that Bitcoin is even a term known to a lot of gold people, much less any real understanding of cryptography.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 01:10:43 PM

Max will produce a video at the event and broadcast it on his TV shows.  This will be HUGE for bitcoin, as so far he has just talked about the technology, but now he can show a large group of people actually using it.

I encourage everyone to donate $5-$25 to fund this project.  He only needs $800.  This will be a professional video from Max that can go viral, and benefit everyone in the community.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 01:26:36 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2011, 01:37:07 PM by molecular

Max will produce a video at the event and broadcast it on his TV shows.  This will be HUGE for bitcoin, as so far he has just talked about the technology, but now he can show a large group of people actually using it.

I encourage everyone to donate $5-$25 to fund this project.  He only needs $800.  This will be a professional video from Max that can go viral, and benefit everyone in the community.

Now, this would be a whole lot easier if we could use bitcoins for that...

ok, I reserved 1 share ($5), now how do I actually buy it?

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 01:28:20 PM

Good points.

I'm hopeful that Keiser will help build a bridge between the precious metals camp and the Bitcoin camp. There is no need for antagonism between the two - precious metals and Bitcoin complement each other beautifully, each filling the weaknesses of the other.

Some people say that gold tends to be the best form of money.
Others say that gold is the ONLY real form of money.

The former group will be much more open to Bitcoin - as the new market entrant doesn't preclude their strongly-held beliefs. The latter group might never give Bitcoin a chance, unfortunately.  Interestingly, those who understand WHY gold is a great form of money should be able to figure out the allure of Bitcoin. The specific properties to each make them both excellent money - one sitting in your vault in the physical world, the other sitting in your computer in the digital world.

And in both cases, far better and more moral than paper certificates inscribed with the fiat stamp of government and backed by the threat of violence.

Just tell them you can buy gold with bitcoins and also sell your gold for bitcoins with us  Smiley

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 01:29:42 PM

I am already working on that for PMF!  stay tuned

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 01:51:06 PM

Wow, cool!!!

Another idea: we could issue shares for this movie on glbse, exchange the raised BTC for USD and successively buy shares on piratemyfilms.

comments?

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 01:54:30 PM

Wow, cool!!!

Another idea: we could issue shares for this movie on glbse, exchange the raised BTC for USD and successively buy shares on piratemyfilms.

comments?

Another excellent idea molecular.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: