Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:39:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Up(Tv series about an altcoin)-Will tv help people know more or scare them  (Read 121 times)
Bonheur (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 11:59:59 AM

I don't know if you happen to know this but there is a tv series called start up and it is about a cryptocurrency and its usage in illegal activities.
Martin Freeman, Otmara Marrero and Adrian Brody is in it.Check it out if you like crime dramas.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCf_MpXAXK8 (First season trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vC9Edu0Ao8 (Second season trailer)

I thought about opening this thread in another forum but I think this is a good place to talk about the effect of tv in cryptocurrency.
İn the series the creator of gencoin is passionate about the legal usage and the good it can do but it gets worse everytime someone finds out it can be used for money laundering.I wonder if the look to cryptocurrency will change.The producers of the tv series said that they looked at this forum and used the things they found but it all  turned out like they used the bad parts.
Crypto aside it is a good tv show, but not very good for the look of cryptocurrencies.
When will it change from the things bad hackers and criminals use to something everyone can benefit and will this kind of tv shows help people to know more.
Even if it looks like it is used for illegal activities is it at least making people know more about it and think about it?

cryptolovers990

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:59:42 PM

If Martin Freeman is there, then it might be a god show. Also it is good to see that the market is getting some coverage on TV.
BattleHippo

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:34:54 PM

I think there is a 50%-50% chance for crypto currency market. The series will definitely increase awareness about the market but it will be either in positive way or in negative way. So crypto marketers should be in finger crossed position and hope for the best.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 03:04:01 PM

Wow, it has a rating of 8.1 on Imdb.com, which means it's a pretty good tv series. I think that any publicity is good publicity, so it should'nt hurt the reputation of the crypto market.

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:08:05 PM

I don't know if you happen to know this but there is a tv series called start up and it is about a cryptocurrency and its usage in illegal activities.
Martin Freeman, Otmara Marrero and Adrian Brody is in it.Check it out if you like crime dramas.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCf_MpXAXK8 (First season trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vC9Edu0Ao8 (Second season trailer)

I thought about opening this thread in another forum but I think this is a good place to talk about the effect of tv in cryptocurrency.
İn the series the creator of gencoin is passionate about the legal usage and the good it can do but it gets worse everytime someone finds out it can be used for money laundering.I wonder if the look to cryptocurrency will change.The producers of the tv series said that they looked at this forum and used the things they found but it all  turned out like they used the bad parts.
Crypto aside it is a good tv show, but not very good for the look of cryptocurrencies.
When will it change from the things bad hackers and criminals use to something everyone can benefit and will this kind of tv shows help people to know more.
Even if it looks like it is used for illegal activities is it at least making people know more about it and think about it?

It's only tv series, don't think too hard. I believe most people know about cryptocurrency but they don't decide to take this change to change their life or income, up to them. Television/ movie is industry and they will take any good topic as their product, the aim is just money. Because market is still red, I think this is good time to watch that series.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
GlassBullet

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:08:46 PM

It is a great risk for the crypto currency market. Because crypto currency market is already a topic of controversy and if this series shows anything related to illegal activity then all will point at crypto currency market and will start to avoid it.
cryptoVinc5599

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:46:28 PM

I think it is a great platform to promote crypto currency market to the world. The usage of it, the benefits of it, the future related with it everything can be shown here. If people are smart enough then they will understand the usefulness of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: