Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the bitcoin protocol poised to become the new internet?  (Read 255 times)
flametoken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:27:13 PM

I have just found this article from May 2014 from Radu Georgescu: http://www.radugeorgescu.com/2014/05/05/the-next-big-thing-bitcoin-101/.

Do you think his assessment for the rate of growth of the bitcoin protocol is still correct? Could next year be the year banks or other financial institutions start using the bitcoin protocol to settle transactions?
hott_staff

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:35:02 PM

This is an interesting article. I like the fact that we are approaching the Infrastructure phase, with the deployment of the Lightning Network. Can't wait for further Layer 2 developments to become online.

I really think bitcoin will be the new internet, but we are such an early stage that we can't begin to grasp the magnitude of the changes to come.
Menced1937

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

As the popularity of Bitcoin is increasing day by day, nothing is impossible. Because Bitcoin is the most credible cryptocurrency in the world, so I think it's never impossible.
Billgates710

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:08:23 PM

It’s a good article. Nothing is impossible in this world. As we have seen that many companies and countries has accepted bitcoin and also taking it as payment method, so I believe that it is quite possible that next year banks or other financial institutions start using the bitcoin protocol to settle transactions
bitfocus741

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:35:18 PM

Even though looking at the current situation of the market, it could be a possibility, but it is hard to say that with a hundred percent guarantee because the market is volatile and could be the opposite too in the future.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:50:17 PM

No, the reason-the tech behind bitcoin and the world wide web is completely different. However there may well areas where bitcoin and it' overlap

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Asprincess7

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:27:27 AM

The Lightning Network has played an important aspect towards the development of the internet. Plus this is a very well thorough article.
Nitrover

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:57:47 AM

Bitcoin does not need to become a protocol like Internet to have developement graph. Every product and service have their own graph of maturity and the graph provided by Mr. Georgescu just mirrors that. Already there are banks in Switzerland, Denmark and Belarus which are accepting transaction in Bitcoin so it has already happened within 2018, but in 2019 it is very much likely for the central banks to jump in the equation.
SmallFish

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:56:43 PM

Though there has been a lot of valid logic and analysis behind the protocol that Radu delivered but honestly I think there is still a long way to go for Bitcoin to be accepted among Banks for transactions. There can be few banks that can start accepting Bitcoin transactions in next year but having a mass adoption among banks will take longer than what Radu has predicted for sure.
StormHunter

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:45:30 PM

I read this article when I started my journey with cryptos back in 2016, Radu Georgescu has written one of the most intricate and in depth analysis of Bitcoin in this article till date according to me. However, with time, I started not listening to any of the expert opinions and only to go with my own instincts so I stopped following him but still this article helped me a lot to understand Bitcoin up close and personal.
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:54:16 PM

not as easy as that, the bank integrates its protocol with the bitcoin protocol, indeed this can happen but it is not as fast as in 2019 and also the status of bitcoin has not been determined yet, maybe this is manifest 2025 or above
BabyBoar

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

This is a fascinating article. I truly like the way that we are moving toward the Infrastructure stage, with the organization of the Lightning Network. Can hardly wait for additionally Layer 2 advancements to wind up on the web. Hope it will introduce soon.
Barrycuda7

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:49:41 PM

The article was worth to read. I truly figure bitcoin will be the new web, however, we are such a beginning period, to the point that we can't start to get a handle on the size of the progressions to come.
goldencrypto7100

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 07:16:45 PM

It’s a very interesting article indeed, very informative. Surely it will help many people to learn some basic thing of crypto market. I appreciate your effort.
coinpedia240

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:29:57 PM

It’s really a very good article and I must say it’s visionary. Thanks for sharing this with us. I really get many information from here and I am sure it will help many newbies.
KingKongBong4152

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:42:14 PM

This article has written 4 years ago but I still agree with everything he explained about cryptocurrency. As we can see there is truly so much potential of cryptocurrency and it is really growing so fast like the author saw this to be.
blackmagic111

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:56:21 PM

It sound really interesting and I’m really looking forward to this. As newcomer in this crypto world I always try to look for good resources related crypto currency. Your this article helps me out with many facts so thanks buddy.
MidnightNugget

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:52:39 PM

I like the way that we are moving toward the Infrastructure stage, with the organization of the Lightning Network. Can hardly wait for additionally Layer 2 advancements to wind up on the web.
Rangerman

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:08:29 PM

I genuinely figure bitcoin will be the new web, yet we are such a starting time, to the point that we can't begin to understand the significance of the movements to come.
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:15:06 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the sharing, really interesting and visionary article.

I think it is nor so far from reality as BTC is the most known and used of the crypto. With lightning network deployment we will have the real power of this Blockchain and we will truly see the power that will led to more trust and acceptance !
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: