Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ETF and USA lawmakers  (Read 406 times)
zolfa (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:07:56 PM

members of the USA government different in response to the crypto world, some members choose to make strict rules and some choose to support crypto, the SEC rejects the Bitcoin ETF but does not give a response to US lawmakers who have Bitcoin.

I think it's not objective, if the SEC wants to ban bitcoin ETF, I think the SEC must ban and confiscate bitcoin from every USA resident, including USA lawmakers.

because many from the USA lawmakers that have lots of Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Menced1937

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:07:28 AM

I think Bitcoin will never be banned by SEC. Some people want to ban, but many lawmaker are involved with Bitcoin investment. So, there is no reason to worry and we will achieve success soon.
BitCoinGuy10

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:32:17 PM

First of all ETF and BTC are not related. People are causing unnecessary drama because they are linking this two together and now due to this, the market is in a bad state.
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 10:35:43 PM

The US SEC did not ban bitcoin nor are they planning to do so at the moment, they only rejected the bitcoin ETF proposals, which means bitcoin essentially will not be open to institutionals to invest public funds in btc
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 10:37:27 PM

First of all ETF and BTC are not related. People are causing unnecessary drama because they are linking this two together and now due to this, the market is in a bad state.

I think people really do not know the difference, also it should be noted that the earlier rejection of the ETF proposals will be reviewed once more for a possible acceptance
zolfa (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:53:59 PM

The US SEC did not ban bitcoin nor are they planning to do so at the moment, they only rejected the bitcoin ETF proposals, which means bitcoin essentially will not be open to institutionals to invest public funds in btc
of course, but rejection of ETFs will have a negative influence on the bitcoin market, meaning that bitcoin will lose some of the volume of trading on the market.

I see that ETF must respond positively to ETFs, because public demand is great of enthusiastic about bitcoin, even USA lawmaker has a lot of bitcoin.
zolfa (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:59:37 PM

and this is what we are worried about today, many fools are panicking with the conditions of bitcoin today. and finally have a major influence on the bitcoin market, and make the market fall.

I think both are related, because it has an important role in the crypto world to maintain the existence of the crypto world.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:02:24 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2018, 04:01:45 PM by peter0425

members of the USA government different in response to the crypto world, some members choose to make strict rules and some choose to support crypto, the SEC rejects the Bitcoin ETF but does not give a response to US lawmakers who have Bitcoin.
At least you should include those US lawmakers you think are into bitcoin. Non US residents doesn't have a clue as to the identif.

I think it's not objective, if the SEC wants to ban bitcoin ETF, I think the SEC must ban and confiscate bitcoin from every USA resident, including USA lawmakers.

I really think you misunderstand what a Bitcoin ETF is and what SEC is currently doing on Bitcoin. SEC is reviewing  proposals for Bitcoin to be ETF (Exchange Traded Funds). So they are not banning bitcoin, but making sure that Bitcoin ETF should be within their guidelines.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
vossybiglady

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 01:22:48 AM
Merited by joerogers8 (1)

Guy's this is all a gigantic fake news head fake and it appears it's working.  The government of America all works for the same person (Isreal/bankers).  All the fighting is a show for the masses.  They cannot all be up there on the same team screwing us over 24/7/365.  We would revolt.  So what they do is distract you with this huge show.  Some of the guys are fighting for what you believe in (Fox News) the other team is dong shit that drives you mad (MSNBC).  It's  all there to divide us and keep us from taking action. 

The ETF is the way the bankers control things.  The ETF will 100% go through.  They are manipulating this market right now most likely buying in and laying the groundwork so they can control this thing. 

RATEONIUM           
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic
davhek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:03:40 AM

I don't believe the SEC will ever ban it as some of them are also investors who recognized all the benefits Bitcoin and other cryptos are offering. However, it is sure that we will have some regulations in order to use them in everyday life.

Knighthawk

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:26:10 AM

SEC would have banned Bitcoin by now if they really wanted to. All they want is the market to be manipulation free and that is why they are rejecting all the ETF proposals that have been presented before them. However, after the recent public response SEC also seem to have different opinion among themselves regarding Bitcoin which can be a sign that they are also aware of lawmakers holding huge amount of Bitcoin to themselves.
ZazaG7

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:35:19 AM

SEC would have prohibited Bitcoin at this point on the off chance that they extremely needed to. All they need is the market to be without control and that is the reason they are dismissing all the ETF recommendations that have been introduced before them. Notwithstanding, after the ongoing open reaction SEC likewise appear to have changed conclusion among themselves with respect to Bitcoin which can be an indication that they are additionally mindful of legislators holding tremendous measure of Bitcoin to themselves.
Nightingale2

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:36:01 PM

SEC has already expressed it's prime concern regarding Bitcoin ETF and why they haven't accepted the proposals yet. They are worried about the market manipulation and unfair activities that people can do with Bitcoin to gain personal interests. So, if a ETF proposal comes up which totally removes the scams and manipulation from the equation then it is more likely to get through in the future.
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:35:30 PM

I have seen the interviews of SEC official & I am damn sure they too hold lot of BTC. This recent back to back Bitcoin ETF approval rejection is nothing but the pure manipulation as day after the rejection there was news coming from the SEC that they will review the application again. A lot of crypto believer are expecting Bitcoin ETF will be approved in Q1 of 2k19 & no one will going to ban crypocurrency in country like USA.

zolfa (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:35:44 PM

What the fuck are you on about, the rules for an ETF and the rules for ownership are two very distinctive and different things, what  you're saying makes zero sense.
relax bro ! i mean like this, i predict that bitcoin ETF will have a huge influence for crypto world, even i think that bitcoin ETF is part of the important factor that can make the market normal again.

I also think that bitcoin ETF will be the first in the USA and that bitcoin ETFs will provide great benefits to the USA community. some of the points we have to pay attention are when USA lawmakers have a lot of bitcoin, I think this bitcoin ETF will be used by many people, if the SEC gives a negative response to the bitcoin ETF, then ETF benefits will not be felt by everyone, including USA lawmakers.

the hard sentence is better the SEC also confiscated all BTC.
zolfa (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:46:37 PM

At least you should include those US members you think are into bitcoin. Non US residents doesn't have a clue as to the identif.

I really think you misunderstand what a Bitcoin ETF is and what SEC is currently doing on Bitcoin. SEC is reviewing  proposals for Bitcoin to be ETF (Exchange Traded Funds). So they are not banning bitcoin, but making sure that Bitcoin ETF should be within their guidelines.
I think there are some USA lawmakers like Brad Sherman who disagree with the development of bitcoin, even he gave bad comments about bitcoin.

he make a statment that crypto has an important role to avoid taxes.

and Bob goodlatte is a USA lawmaker who supports crypto and he has bitcoin assets.
easycoin995

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:25:43 PM

As far as i know Bitcoin ETF is not already rejected by SEC. They are continuously postponing it. Maybe we will get a decision on 2019. Still i don't think they will ban bitcoin from USA.
cryptocrabs2

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

It's quite simple. Different people in the government has different perceptions about Bitcoin. I think ETF will be approved but maybe it will take a long time for making the decision.
cryptorampage963

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:59:22 PM

They are just making whole thing confusing. Still i am hoping that BTC ETF will going to be approved. If not, i don't think it a create long term effect on Bitcoin. And as the law makers have bitcoins i don't they are going to ban it.
bitcoinminer566

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:14:16 PM

I didn’t find anything good in this decision. It’s just a dumb decision they made. Bitcoin has so many potential that they couldn’t get. Such a disgusting thing it is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: