Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitepaper alone is not enough to make you invest in an ICO  (Read 1651 times)
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:34:45 AM

The whitepaper is only one part of ICO which reflect the implimententation plan of the project and many other factors are there to study before taking part in any new ICO such as working team, cost of the project and is project can sustain in future.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
troiano9

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:37:53 AM

Every ICO has a whitepaper.  Means nothing
BumblingBee

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:13:19 PM

i think if you make profit by investing in ICO you should justify before invest. it will make more profit for you. white paper are essential resource for study to get more information. i think you are right. i'm agree with you.
WaterSeal

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:36:24 PM

As I know the most important document of ico is the white paper.I agree with you that white paper is written properly but to understand this you have to ha a clear knowledge about it. So gather knowledge for proper use of white paper.
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:48:23 PM

a lot of things to consider besides the whitepaper. analysis and consideration not only of the whitepaper only. the team and a lot of things more important to watch out for. Although it is indeed important the whitepaper still will not be able to generate fully confidence for investors.
Whitepaper is not represent all of the idea and it can be changed anytime. Basically to determine how good that crypto is based on the whitepaper is the worst idea ever I seen. If you are seeing only from their proposal and concept and that I believe that will not give you a lot of accuracy.
It can be made to be that this is such how good are their projects i , i mean it can be cheated on what they have to tell on their project so if you are looking and see only for the whitepaper try to look for another way of it.
CryptoBry714

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:13:13 PM

When a new project or ICO project arrives, all of it is known through the whitepaper. But along with their purpose, you need to discuss with the team for knowing the purpose of the project and the probability of profit.
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:52:23 AM

I fully agree with the author of the topic. It is impossible to judge the project only by its document.
_Flynn_

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:22:41 PM

Yeah, there are many factors which you should take into account. You also should know ererything about the team, their experience in the crypto sphere, etc.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:27:37 PM

I have seen so many people focusing mainly on project whitepapers, and relying solely on the information contained in the whitepaper to participate in the ICO. It is very true that the most important document of an ICO project is the whitepaper, but what you should be far more focused on is the credibility of the project team. No matter how beautiful and well written a whitepaper may be, without an experienced and vibrant team, such project is bound to fail.

The most important research you should always carry out before investing in an ICO is the profile of the team starting from the head of the team to the least person. If the project has advisors, also research their full profile and experience as well.

With all these, you will be safer than the person who only read whitepapers before investing in ICOs.

What are your thoughts?

in choosing ico, indeed we should not depend on one side only, there are still many aspects that must be considered so as not to regret later on / when listing.

Because after all this also concerns the money / assets that we have, investigating the team further is also the right step to avoid unwanted things
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:02:41 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2018, 09:03:15 AM by Crypto Girl

a lot of things to consider besides the whitepaper. analysis and consideration not only of the whitepaper only. the team and a lot of things more important to watch out for. Although it is indeed important the whitepaper still will not be able to generate fully confidence for investors.
Whitepaper is not represent all of the idea and it can be changed anytime. Basically to determine how good that crypto is based on the whitepaper is the worst idea ever I seen. If you are seeing only from their proposal and concept and that I believe that will not give you a lot of accuracy.
It can be made to be that this is such how good are their projects i , i mean it can be cheated on what they have to tell on their project so if you are looking and see only for the whitepaper try to look for another way of it.

Apparently, yes, because even a scam project hide in their looks-legit-whitepaper just to attract investors. So it's really hard to distinguish at first especially if you're just new. Of course, every aspect should be looking at, and the team is very vital here as they're the one who make the project successful that's why it's better to google first their name and be a detective because some team have photoshopped their faces so they can have an exit plan afterwards.

Reality hits us so hard now, that the money is the root of all evil so be at least skeptical in everything besides it's better to be it than concluding easily, after all our hard earned money deserves a good investment.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
tanoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:44:20 AM

I have seen so many people focusing mainly on project whitepapers, and relying solely on the information contained in the whitepaper to participate in the ICO. It is very true that the most important document of an ICO project is the whitepaper, but what you should be far more focused on is the credibility of the project team. No matter how beautiful and well written a whitepaper may be, without an experienced and vibrant team, such project is bound to fail.

The most important research you should always carry out before investing in an ICO is the profile of the team starting from the head of the team to the least person. If the project has advisors, also research their full profile and experience as well.

With all these, you will be safer than the person who only read whitepapers before investing in ICOs.

What are your thoughts?

Is the profile of the perfect team more important even though the vision and mission of a project does not make sense? I think both are important and you can't ignore them. and in fact, we can see the vision and mission of a project in the white paper.

Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:48:02 AM

What are your thoughts?
Of course, white paper is very important, but it's not the most important thing. It is necessary to evaluate the idea of the project and its team, as well as the work they have done.
pretfeestje

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:37:59 PM

This is definitely true. Most times, I feel sorry for people who think that just because they have read a project's whitepaper and it sounds convincing, and a pretty good one, they can go ahead to invest in it. It takes more than just a good whitepaper to make an ICO successful. Even the scams these days comes up with better whitepapers, and anyone can easily put up one. So be careful, and look up for other things before making investments.
Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:47:00 PM

My opinion is whitepaper is not more all of reason have to invest at the ico project, I will check how much interested of the ico project looking by investor. I want to know how many investor have joined their ico and how the progress of ico on private sale.
VendXOR

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:51:41 PM

The team, as well as the ability for the project/company to generate revenue, and in what time frame, is an important question to ask. An existing company, for example, which is implementing a blockchain or crypto project may be something to look out for.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:54:43 PM

I usually look at the whitepaper and see the investors on that ICO. If they have many companies investing in their ICO then their chances of success are huge.
Do not just rely on the whitepaper because it's easy to copy and when I read the whitepaper of 10 projects then 10 projects that look great but 9 projects are scam

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 12:23:06 AM

that's right, because just reading the whitepaper doesn't determine the exchange rate in the market. whereas when we want to invest is to see the exchange rate first to see the potential that can grow. when reading the whitepaper, the important point is the pre-sale time. then see the potential for the token to grow.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:37:50 AM

A whitepaper alone should never be the reason to invest in an ico. Even i've learned that already. You should still find out more about the ico. A whitepaper is a good source of information, but should not be the only reason.
docamvan1997

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:55:57 AM

Sure. When i see the ICOs, i'll see their websites first. I see all informations about what the business they are, who are in the team,... After that, i'll see the white-paper.
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:38:14 AM

The data which we see in the whitepaper doesn't provide for enough inspiration with contribute for a ICO motivation behind continuously creatures that the vast majority whitepaper hold numerous data over the one task Also not news around how moguls camwood make more money through those help from claiming that project. Some times the majority of the data gotten from bloggers are additional preferable over that of the whitepaper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: