Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitepaper alone is not enough to make you invest in an ICO  (Read 1651 times)
Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 12:48:04 PM

whitepaper is something like formality i guess?
but, without whitepaper we don't know what they want to do with their project, so it's somewhat important although they could give us the roadmap only, but we still need what will they do in the future. in their whitepaper they shows us how bright is their future, but in the end if they can only talk and don't do anything, it's all a lie. even project with ICO that didn't go well, if they're really into the project and the community support them, they'll succeed in the market, i've seen so many ICOs like this in the past, so for me the most important thing is the support from the community and how well the team handling their project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efrenbilantok

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:55:52 PM

Of course it's not enough, whitepaper is just an information about the specific coin , their use case and plan. So whitepaper won't make a success in ICO alone, there should be a great team who show how dedicated they are and continuously striving for the better, looking for a good partnerships and who shows a development on their project.
thsaudtl1
Copper Member

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

Let's get lots of useful information!.

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:00:20 PM

I do not only look at the white paper when I invest in an ICO project. This can be manipulated at any time. Therefore, you have to trust the facts of the CEOs, professional staff, profiles, letters, partner companies, support press, etc. And you should also be careful of whether you have a seminar or an event on the ICO project. If ICO is a scam, there is a high probability that you will not do these things, and there will be no profile pictures. Investing in these things is a very dangerous act.

══════════════☛UbcoinMarket☚═════════════
EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS
mihtju

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:00:43 PM

In addition to the white paper, of course there are still important points that are worth paying attention to, but I think that it is the technical description that is one of the most important facotres of the ICO.

bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:05:15 PM

I'm actually torn in two when it comes to whitepaper alone reliance.

The thinker in me would say "of course, it will be foolish to relay on an ICO's whitepaper alone" because the whitepaper is the gathering of best ideas and intentions to make the ICO quite appealing and convincing. A whitepaper nowadays are like brilliant marketing flyers. They are there to lure in investors.

I understand your concern for checking real word identities & credibility prior supporting an ICO, but then what happens to Satoshi Nakamoto whom remained a mystery till date? And be reminded that bitcoin was written in a mere 9 pages whitepaper to sell.

So my thoughts are divided, so to say and with all honesty.
jin_dv

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:07:36 PM

Hi, everybody. Of course, you can't just rely on white paper before you invest in a project. We need a detailed and clear analysis of everything related to the project, the team and their social networks, a road map and a lot of things.
REYVAN

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:10:49 PM

yes, the person behind it is important. yes, the person behind it is important if it's worth it, then follow it if you don't forget it. simple in my opinion but confusing maybe a little luck will help Grin.
Ekenegbu123

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:14:10 PM

Whitepaper alone isn't enough for any project. The main thing about a project is the team. I believe that, the more experienced the team is, the better the project. You also need to know about their technology as well too to know its viability
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:14:34 PM

since when a paper can guarantee us ?
even an existing project with a real product can not guarantee us anything,let alone Whitepaper.
so it's so stupid if you or somebody else follwing something because of its whitepaper alone,everything that we need to do is doing a little research about their team member.
we need to know their integrity and capability to improve the system,other than that we need to know what is other people reaction about this project.
Why_I_not

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 01:16:19 PM

My decision depends on several factors. This is a technical document, a project team. I will also focus on the assessments of experts and trackers. In my opinion, you need to consider all the points.
mobireal

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:18:09 PM

Yes offcourse whitepapers will tell you what the projects are upto and what changes the want to bring put that will not make you to give a project 100% trust.
GreenAnat

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

W12 – Scam

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:18:29 PM

I support. One is not enough to invest in any ICO. Pay attention to all factors: the project team and its advisors (as already mentioned above) how much they are experienced. What is the idea of the project, what are the plans and prospects for development. We need to study the site, social networks, read the forum. In general, carefully approach the study of ICO before investing your money.

Be careful with W12, tricked everyone who worked in the bounty campaign. Maybe the investor will lose their money
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:31:17 PM

If you don't understand how you can make money in the project after reading the whitepaper... that's a really bad whitepaper for me.
many times i read whitepaper only to find out that i don't understand anything written there. it only explain about how node chosen and similar boring things that investor like me don't really care about. so usually i use ico rating sites and ann thread if i want to know basic information about the tech.
i only read whitepaper for best ICO only and go all in support 100%
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:41:55 PM

I have seen so many people focusing mainly on project whitepapers, and relying solely on the information contained in the whitepaper to participate in the ICO. It is very true that the most important document of an ICO project is the whitepaper, but what you should be far more focused on is the credibility of the project team. No matter how beautiful and well written a whitepaper may be, without an experienced and vibrant team, such project is bound to fail.

The most important research you should always carry out before investing in an ICO is the profile of the team starting from the head of the team to the least person. If the project has advisors, also research their full profile and experience as well.

With all these, you will be safer than the person who only read whitepapers before investing in ICOs.

What are your thoughts?

Of course white paper is the most important part of any investigation on the ICO project. therefore knowledge and experience are the main things in this industry. you must understand more, everything is a whole thing. so white paper is a bridge for developers for investors.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

White paper is undoubtedly the main document that a project that the ICO is going to have has to have, but still it's not all, now more and more projects are trying to create alpha versions of their products that are presented to investors. It is very cool.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:58:46 PM

Yes whitepaper alone is not enough to convince me in investing ICO, it should be accompanied with a good team developer and product that deliver something new or not had been produced in any project, to attract investors in trying something new.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:03:00 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2018, 08:14:06 PM by verita1

Completely agree with you! In fact after reading White Paper I also check profiles on LinkedIn. I like to visit the website, Social media and Telegram due to my knowledge of Web Development and Marketing in the social networks to be able to evaluate the development and strategy that the team is implementing. I see very positive when the team participates in Summits of Blockchain Experts around the world. I gather all these elements to know that I am facing a real project.

jjeeppeerrxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:11:24 PM

Of course!

Never rely on a single source of information, it's just like earning money we should never rely on one source of income but add more.

There are more ways to consider before deciding to invest in crypto ICO. Whitepaper is a good source to understand the platform, uses of token in the future, reading all about the team, partners and rating etc. But how about the daily activities? The developments of the project? Activeness of the team? Updates of the development especially their partnership from other companies? These things must be consider before investing and risking your hard earned money.
annaorlova

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:59:43 PM

I never trust white papers. They very rarely have any influence on the development of the project after the ICO. The white paper is secondary. I think the primary team of developers who are engaged in the development of the project. This is very important.
Erik_Smuel

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:31:05 PM

The whitepaper is a part of your analysis. It's only one important piece from many pieces that you are looking for when you doing your analysis for any project.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: