Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Security stuff for Cryptos.(how to avoide hacking)  (Read 88 times)
Kakarot01 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:12:16 PM

Hello everyone,
I had tons of security problems when I was a beginner. One of my exchanges got hacked, lost my 2FA code - my phone broke down etc. etc...
I want to write down some of the security stuff I use for my cryptos!
If any of you have corrections, additions or other suggestions to my safety actions, would love to hear them.

1- Never ever use an exchange without 2FA: Even the hardest passwords can get hacked easily. If you don't use 2FA you can get hacked... Yep I got hacked - my Bibox account, took hours to block the account, half of my earnings were lost. (it wasn't more than 50$, thank god...)

2- Never ever use the same password for different accounts.
Yep, I got hacked! Why? I was applying for several airdrops, you guys know that nowadays some of them require signing up to their websites. And what have I done? I used the same password and email I used for the Bibox exchange.

3- Writing down your password rather than saving them on your computer is a better idea. I have a small notebook which I keep my passwords.
I also have a word document which I save some of my private keys, it is a locked document - not so safe I know...

4- Always keep your 2FA code or barcode before scanning. If your phone breaks down, you will loose all your 2FAs... It can take 2-3 weeks to activate your exchange accounts.

5- MEW, IDEX login: I never copy and paste my private keys to login these wallets. I prefer Metamask login, not 100% secure but much better.

6- My browser preference: I don't like chrome very much. I prefer to use Brave browser to access my accounts. *It doesn't support Binance. Brave also has Metamask extension.
AND A GREAT UPDATE: Brave has it's own BAT wallet which ables you to earn while you surf. Firefox is my second choice.

7- Phising sites: I always bookmark my exchanges. Also before clicking the email links, I always check the url, I never click if it is not a "HTTPS". I also use WOT extension on Chrome to check if the link is safe or not...

8- KYC issue: I prefer not to do KYC for airdrops or bounties. If their database gets hacked, your passport can end up in Dark web. For exchanges, I always try to use my Driving License instead of my passport for KYC (some of them only accepts passport :/ )

9- For airdrops I use another email. Don't want my original email get spam mails and I want my exchange email to be safe.

These are the ones I remember so far...
Safe days you guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: