Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will some altcoins ever be used as national currencies?  (Read 94 times)
Ifeakinola (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:11:40 PM

This would have a lot of benefits such as allowing global trade, massive amounts of money can be moved in seconds and the security is entrusted upon a ledger that is globally spread. However - I feel governments don’t want to give control up
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:16:51 PM

Although at the moment such thing seems too dreamy but we cannot say that it is impossible, with more and more legalization and adoption of atleast the mainstream cryptocurrencies, it can definitely become a reality and i think cryptos are the best solution for international and trade payments as you can track them through the blockchain as well.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
VictorValhalla15

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:17:02 PM

In my country the president tried not long ago, it is a great step forward, it hurts that this nefarious president has violated human rights and the national constitution ... I would have been very proud of that if it were not for the reasons indicated above and it's those same reasons that did not let that project succeed.
Litecoindigger

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:18:21 PM

Well, why altcoins? Bitcoin would be better but governments won't agree for sure...
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:56:53 PM

This would have a lot of benefits such as allowing global trade, massive amounts of money can be moved in seconds and the security is entrusted upon a ledger that is globally spread. However - I feel governments don’t want to give control up
You are answering your own question, I really think that cryptocurrencies in general will be accepted all over the world in the next decades but despite the effects of the monetary policy of governments on the economy of the world, effects that are becoming more visible every day, they are not going to give up the right to print their own currency.

Why would they do it, even if in the future cryptocurrencies are so common that people use them more than fiat governments are not going to stop they love fiat and I have no doubts that when they realize people are no longer falling in their scam they will probably try to ban cryptocurrencies and arrest all of those that deal with them, but by then it will be too late and people are not going to be intimidated by those measures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: