Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:38:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project] Alagoria.com - Buy anything on Amazon for 10% Off Using Crypto  (Read 221 times)
alagoria (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:30:57 PM
Merited by Vod (5), AT101ET (1)

https://alagoria.com

The idea for a site like Purse is pretty awesome. People have unwanted gift card balances and want crypto. Let's set up an exchange of retail merchandise for crypto and facilitate the transaction. The only problem is timing.

It would take up to three weeks for my orders to be completed if I requested a discount over 5%. I wanted to make a service that offered a better discount and facilitated the transaction more closely.

A lot of coding hours later (and a whole lot of help from friends) and Alagoria.com was born. Alagoria matches people with unwanted gift cards, to people who want to make a purchase on Amazon. The only difference is we facilitate the transaction. So your order is completed and shipped within a day or two.

We're looking for some feedback on our site, as well as some people to help market. We think our crypto retail experience can help adaptation.

Let us know your thoughts.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:46:12 PM

Seems like a good idea. But the website needs to be more professional and functional. I tried opening one of the items listed on the front-page and it took more than 10 seconds to get the details. Not to mention but the loading text could have been better and well formatted. But that's acceptable as this is the first release. Will keep watching this thread.
alagoria (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:01:30 PM

It takes a bit to grab all the data from amazon and display it. Will be optimized later as we see what data is needed and not.

Thanks for the feedback.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 11:25:19 PM

It takes a bit to grab all the data from amazon and display it. Will be optimized later as we see what data is needed and not.

Thanks for the feedback.

You should cache it when you read it, and use the cached version until it is too old.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:46:09 PM

What measures are you taking to ensure the GC sellers aren't using carded GCs? I don't know how Purse goes about it but then must be some protocol enabled to prevent this.
In terms of your site design, it seems too similar to the Purse site. If you're going to compete with them then it'd be advisable to try and set yourself apart. Changing the UI/layout may be a good place to start.
alagoria (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

You should cache it when you read it, and use the cached version until it is too old.

We cache for 30 minutes after the first load. Unfortunately due to price changes, only good for about 30 minutes. Amazon loves changing it's prices.
alagoria (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:02:53 AM

What measures are you taking to ensure the GC sellers aren't using carded GCs? I don't know how Purse goes about it but then must be some protocol enabled to prevent this.
In terms of your site design, it seems too similar to the Purse site. If you're going to compete with them then it'd be advisable to try and set yourself apart. Changing the UI/layout may be a good place to start.

We are the ones who facilitate the transaction. So we are the ones who purchase the amazon accounts / codes from sellers. We go through an entire checklist to make sure everything is good and there is no foul cards. All purchases are covered by our $10k guarantee: https://alagoria.com/guarantee

It seems the majority of online retail goes via the same format. Search bar -> Info -> Top selling items. Open to see other retail examples that could be a better alternative. This is V1.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:16:52 AM

We are the ones who facilitate the transaction. So we are the ones who purchase the amazon accounts / codes from sellers. We go through an entire checklist to make sure everything is good and there is no foul cards. All purchases are covered by our $10k guarantee: https://alagoria.com/guarantee

It seems the majority of online retail goes via the same format. Search bar -> Info -> Top selling items. Open to see other retail examples that could be a better alternative. This is V1.

I never saw the guarantee so kudos to you for that. Glad to see you've got that part covered.
What I meant about the site UI is that its too similar in the sense that nothing is really setting you apart from Purse. I (as the end-user) need something on your site that would appeal to me more than Purse (considering the equal discount and current difference in reputation).
alagoria (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:28:44 AM

I never saw the guarantee so kudos to you for that. Glad to see you've got that part covered.
What I meant about the site UI is that its too similar in the sense that nothing is really setting you apart from Purse. I (as the end-user) need something on your site that would appeal to me more than Purse (considering the equal discount and current difference in reputation).

Purse's default discount where they fulfill the order is 5%. Anything above 5% and you have to wait for an "earner" to fulfill. This can take weeks and can cause a lot of headaches. Our business model is a tad bit different. It's 10%, we handle the fulfilling of the order and there is no waiting.

Any recommendations of what you would like to see to illustrate that better? Maybe one of those comparison tables? Personally have never been a fan but am open to any specific recommendations.
Polonex

Activity: 213
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:50:57 AM

Hi, nice project. Will there be prime shipping too? Cheesy

Also, we offer press release services. We publish your press release to over 1,200 websites like MarketWatch, The Business Journal and Topix. This will allow your project to gain massive visibility and really get your project's name out there.

Contact  me on telegram @jmac90 if you would like to take this opportunity.
Hope to do business with you!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 02:55:34 AM

Also, we offer press release services. We publish your press release to over 1,200 websites like MarketWatch, The Business Journal and Topix. This will allow your project to gain massive visibility and really get your project's name out there.

Not cool to spam your services on other people's threads like this - I see from your post history you like to do this.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
alagoria (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:43:29 AM

The items will ship prime, if they are prime eligible. So Yes. 2 day free shipping.

No thanks on the press releases.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:08:37 AM

Really neat service, I personally like the design of your website.
Although I have to agree with Patatas here and say that it's indeed very slow when you try to view a specific product.

Took me more than a minute to load a product page, other pages work fine though.

AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:05:55 AM

Purse's default discount where they fulfill the order is 5%. Anything above 5% and you have to wait for an "earner" to fulfill. This can take weeks and can cause a lot of headaches. Our business model is a tad bit different. It's 10%, we handle the fulfilling of the order and there is no waiting.

Any recommendations of what you would like to see to illustrate that better? Maybe one of those comparison tables? Personally have never been a fan but am open to any specific recommendations.

Ah. I wasn’t aware of Purse only offering the 5%. They advertise on their site that you can make savings of 15%+  insinuating that 15% is the minimum discount. 
I’ve also noticed that there is no current support for international Amazon sites. Is this something you’ll plan on introducing in the future or is it not cost effective? (Purse only has limited international support so this could be something you could tap into). 
alagoria (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:37:16 PM

Really neat service, I personally like the design of your website.
Although I have to agree with Patatas here and say that it's indeed very slow when you try to view a specific product.

Took me more than a minute to load a product page, other pages work fine though.

We just made a few updates that should speed it up. Let us know how it approved for you.
alagoria (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:05:47 AM

Ah. I wasn’t aware of Purse only offering the 5%. They advertise on their site that you can make savings of 15%+  insinuating that 15% is the minimum discount. 
I’ve also noticed that there is no current support for international Amazon sites. Is this something you’ll plan on introducing in the future or is it not cost effective? (Purse only has limited international support so this could be something you could tap into). 

Yeah the 15% is not the minimum and not the norm.

International is a bit tricker because of the way gift cards work, but we're working on it.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

Yeah the 15% is not the minimum and not the norm.

International is a bit tricker because of the way gift cards work, but we're working on it.

I’ll keep looking then. Another option would be to have a reshipping service integrated that would allow for US orders to be shipped to the buyer hassle free. Just a suggestion and not entirely sure if it’s possiblr to have a business account with multiple forwarding addresses but just another idea...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: