Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:41:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Photo hour - photography services in stockholm - 25% off for bitcoin users  (Read 3994 times)
roos (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 12:54:13 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2011, 11:14:31 AM by roos

This thread was the home of Photo Hour - a bitcoin art project. For now, the temporary home is the flickr page. Here in the marketplace bitcoiners can buy my regular services at 25% off.  (see last post)

Im a bitcoin fan and user. But im also a photographer and i have decided to contribute to the bitcoin society as best as i can, by shooting photos. I will try to document the interests and maybe even the lives of bitcoin users and publish it as an art project on the flickr. To make this a bitcoin art project, however, i need your directions to get a connection to the community. Every week i will auction off one or more hours of my time at biddingpond for whatever fraction of a bitcoin people think it is worth to decide what and where i will shoot next. You may ask me to come to you, send me stuff to shoot or send me off on a wierd mission. You can even use me as a very cheap regular photo service, shooting your wedding or car or mining rigg or whatever and the pictures will be yours to use freely, as long as they can be part of the project too. You can even sell them if you like as long as you dont try to sell the exclusive rights.

I hope to capture and relay glimpses of the interests or lives of bitcoin adapters as the community develops. The current auction, for mission #4 is https://www.biddingpond.com/item.php?id=1035

Pictures from former missions are here on the Photo Hour flickr page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69296392@N07/

BITCOIN BOON, LOOK HERE!
Bidder for mission #3 kindly payed full amount so I will let the boon pass forward to mission #4.
First time bidders get a 1.01 bitcoin discoint, if the bidding stops before reaching 1.01 bitcoin, i will pay you the difference between the 1.01 coin discount and your winning bid after you win the auction and post a usefull mission here in this thread.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roos (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:24:55 PM

Here is a short progress report:
1. Since the auction is still going on, I still don't know what the first mission will be. There is a first bidder though so I will go out shooting very soon (the auction ends in 29h or so) and I am really curious what he has in mind for me. If You read this and are the current higherst bidder, feel free to share the intended photo mission here on the forum if you like, it would in itself contribute to the project.

2. I have been playing with a few designs for the web layout, but I will propobly not decide on anything until i have the first shots. The layout of the site might very well change over time and letting the first mission guide me on the first design sounds like a good idea. I will go for simple and clean though, the whole point of the project is to convey ideas, lives and things of bitcoin users through the pictures, so everything will be centered around them.

I'll pop a question out here too. Are there other art projects going on with bitcoin connection? Even similar ones?
Any other thoughts or ideas are welcome input too, ofcourse.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
roos (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:38:01 PM

One hour left of the auction now, bid is still on 0.001. So it still costs nothing to become the first one to send me on a mission.

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:44:19 PM

Too bad I'm nowhere near you...
I hope you still find a better offer from someone around Stockholm!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 11:46:47 PM

it would be nice if ppl could view your portfolio beforehand  Wink

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 04:19:00 PM

it would be nice if ppl could view your portfolio beforehand  Wink

I was contemplating that, but the idea is that the project will speak for itself. I am creating a flickr page for the project right now and the chosen pics from the first two missions will be up when i start the auction for mission 3 tomorrow or so.

roos (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 06:41:11 PM

Great news!!!
The flicker page is up with pictures from the first two missions:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69296392@N07/

The auction for directing the third mission is here:
https://www.biddingpond.com/item.php?id=1033&mode=1

And this, i think, is the best image so far:

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 06:49:22 PM

Was that the exact wording of the mission requests?  Take a "portrait of the dead" and pictures of the "construction workers of stockholm"?  Just curious...
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 07:38:48 PM

Mission #1 was had a long and complex description, it changed during the mission and included seeing a film before shooting.
Mission #2 was "Shoot portraits of the dead!"

Both directors are happy with the results and both payed a lot more than they had to Smiley

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 07:44:54 PM

Cool.

I have to say, that "best image so far" IS pretty fantastic.
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 01:55:57 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2011, 02:06:13 AM by roos

Bad news: There was zero interest in the first special mission. That and the fact that there is only one bidder on the mission #3 auction (and i have good reasons to suspect its a returning bidder at that) gives me good reason to doubt that this project can ever create interest enough in this small a community to go around. I am not yet ready give it up and open up for bidders on ebay or so, I really want this to work as a bitcoin project. However I need some help from you, since I have run dry on ideas.

Offering my time, my knowledge in photography,  the use of my equipment and sharing the ownership of the pictures with the winners, all this for alsmost nothing is obviously not enough for people to contribute to the project by directing missions. I hardly think that bidding more than 0.01 bitcoins can be an economical reason for not participating, even if the winner dont bother to sell the images. The project is simply not interesting enough to inspire people to be part of it.

I need input:
How can I modify the concept to motivate people to participate?
Or is there a reason I don't know of that make people not want to use biddingpond?
What could I do to make You personally want to be contribute with an shooting idea?

If not, can you think of a better way for a photgrapher to contribute to the bitcoin community?

roos (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 01:56:31 AM

Cool.

I have to say, that "best image so far" IS pretty fantastic.

Thank you!

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 02:37:01 AM

I need input:
How can I modify the concept to motivate people to participate?
Or is there a reason I don't know of that make people not want to use biddingpond?
What could I do to make You personally want to be contribute with an shooting idea?

If not, can you think of a better way for a photgrapher to contribute to the bitcoin community?

It might be better to just offer your services and negotiate compensation rather than auctioning them off.

I'd be happy to send you a bitcoin or two for some coffee related photos. Even though I hope to use them on the BitBrew website to help sell my beans, I wouldn't want you to confine yourself to what might be "commercially viable." I would be just as happy being the inspiration for some photographic art related to bitcoins that doesn't fit in my business plan.

Still around.
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 09:44:58 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2011, 10:04:25 AM by roos

It might be better to just offer your services and negotiate compensation rather than auctioning them off.

I'd be happy to send you a bitcoin or two for some coffee related photos. Even though I hope to use them on the BitBrew website to help sell my beans, I wouldn't want you to confine yourself to what might be "commercially viable." I would be just as happy being the inspiration for some photographic art related to bitcoins that doesn't fit in my business plan.

Being a regular at this place: http://www.dropcoffee.se/ im a bit of a coffee person too. As such id be honoured to take pictures for your excellent business. Negotiating a price is definetly possible and buying my services is definetly doable too. However, even though I wouldnt be unhappy if my auctions ended with a bid of 1000 bitcoins each, getting a fair price is not the issue, if it was id be on ebay and getting whole lot more attention and higher bids. What im looking for is the connection between Photo Hour and the bitcoin community. For this to be not just any art project, but a bitcoin art project, i need the input and direction of bitcoin users. Anyway, the winners has so far payed a whole lot more than they have bid in the first place.

But suddenly i think i have an idea. Giving bitcoins away might work!

Tritonio

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 02:59:58 PM

You can take orders for free directly and then sell your photos on bittit.info too if that suits you. No fees at all and it's made for the purpose of selling pictures. The image will be visible in low res and users will pay to increase its resolution up to the maximum. You decide the price for the maximum resolution beforehand. Just make sure that you put the right price. For example if your picture at 1/5th of its resolution is still useful then you might consider putting a higher price for the max resolution.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 04:55:56 PM

You can take orders for free directly and then sell your photos on bittit.info too if that suits you. No fees at all and it's made for the purpose of selling pictures. The image will be visible in low res and users will pay to increase its resolution up to the maximum. You decide the price for the maximum resolution beforehand. Just make sure that you put the right price. For example if your picture at 1/5th of its resolution is still useful then you might consider putting a higher price for the max resolution.
I really like the idea of that site. Going to have to see what I can come up with...
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 10:40:45 PM

I really like the idea of that site. Going to have to see what I can come up with...

Or you can bid in may auction, collect the bitcoin boon, give me a mission and sell the pictures you get on bittit. In that way, you earn money while you earn money in addition to supporting both bittit, photo hour and the bitcoin community at large at the same time. That is like a win-win-win-win-win-situation. How many chances like that do you get?

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 10:43:49 PM

Or you can bid in may auction, collect the bitcoin boon, give me a mission and sell the pictures you get on that site. In that way, you earn money while you earn money in addition to supporting both bittit, photo hour and the bitcoin community at large at the same time. That is like a win-win-win-win-win-win-situation.
I like this idea even better!
Tritonio

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 11:16:02 PM

you earn money while you earn money
"We heard you like money so we put..."
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 09:43:11 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2011, 10:09:10 AM by roos

Update:

Good stuff
  • Misssion #3 is on its way, shooting at Comics Heaven today
  • Auction for mission #4 is set up to start wednesday (see first post), ending this saturday.
  • I will apply for some fiat for the project here: http://www.firstfoto.se/fotonyheter/scandinavian-photo-instiftar-arligt-stipendium-pa-100000kr/ for som travel expenses, new equipment, flickr pro so that we can have exif and larger image sizes. I think there is actually a slim chance to get it if i can keep this going and the flickr page start to get more visitors.
  • Mission #3 director kindly payed full amount, boon will be pushed forward to mission #4.

Bad stuff
  • Special mission #1 was a failure, not a single bidder in the thread. I will try again if something really interesting comes up again. Gurus like Stallman don't show up that often here though, so there might be a long wait until we see a special mission again. I want to keep them for things with at least some ideological similarities with bitcoin. If sometime in the future, for example, there is a bitcoin conference here, there will be another one ofcourse. Suggestions are welcome too.
  • Flickr is stupid, one dont get exif info in the pics unless one pays for pro and one cant pay with real monay, only fiat.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: