Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:23:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Photo hour - photography services in stockholm - 25% off for bitcoin users  (Read 3993 times)
roos (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:29:45 AM

The auction for mission #4 is now open for bids.
https://www.biddingpond.com/item.php?id=1035

Mission #3 pics are now on the flickr page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69296392@N07/

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 09:24:26 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2011, 02:06:16 PM by roos

Only 16 hours more to bid and still 1 bitcoin boon to grab.

Time for some marketing, maybe.
If someone in Stockholm happen to read this and wants a studiosession this is from yesterdays session in our mini studio:

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 04:08:31 PM

That's creepy looking as hell, I expect her skin to fall off and her to jump out of the screen shrieking like a banshee.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 05:30:20 PM

Ok, I won the latest auction on bidding pond.  My wife gave me the mission of anything to do with white and red flowers.  Not sure if that's possible this time of year, but good luck!
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 09:50:12 AM

Ok, I won the latest auction on bidding pond.  My wife gave me the mission of anything to do with white and red flowers.  Not sure if that's possible this time of year, but good luck!

Ah, this is the hardest challange so far, actually. It is wintertime here but so far it has been very mild, I might just be able to find a rose somewhere that is still alive. One could think, how hard can it be, just go to a flower shop or an insidoor garden. I am however very allergic to flowers and such places are killing me. Ill do my best on this, it might be that I need more than hour for the first time and that flowers this time of the year in Sweden may not be exactly what You expected them to, but I will give it a try and come back to you if there is nothing to shoot.

roos (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 10:52:51 AM

This was unexpected, we got moved to Economy->Marketplace. Even though it comes as a surprise to me, I can see how it happened but it has grave implications. For me, this project has to legs. I was one of the lucky ones to sell off some coins @30 and I wanted to give something back to the community. I wanted to create something that could bring attention to bitcoin by using bitcoin and existing services and give up some  of my time to the community. I also wanted  to create a service that was only available for bitcoins so that the price was kept at a "for free"-level compared to hiring me for for over the value of 50 bitcoins/h in fiat. The other leg was collective art, gathering directors from all over the community to channel their views and interests through my photographies. Thus creating some kind of legacy over what bitcoin community was all about at this stage for the future.

I may be pricky, but I have a business to run too, I will not mix bitcoin hour with selling my time in a marketplace thread at donation value. Somehow that is further than I can stretch myself. In a maketplace, I sell to earn a living. This thread can no longer fullfill neither of the legs this project was standing on. It does not mean the art project is dead, but i will have to find another way to reach out to the community. Maybe going facebook/ebay and at biddingpond once in a while to make people outside the community aware of bitcoin. Ideas are definitly welcome here. When this has fallen to place in my mind and I have decided how to cointinue the project, I will make one last post in this thread on how to follow it.

For now, if you want to buy my time here it is SEK 840 fiat + VAT. I also offer a 25% discount if payed with bitcoins.

roos (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 03:38:50 PM

Update:
Bad stuff
* As noticed before, the thread good moved into Marketplace and this is the last Photo Hour update here

Good stuff
* Pictures from mission #3 are up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/69296392@N07/sets/72157628219806623/detail/
* There is now a plan on how to continue the project and make it benefit bitcoin even better

From now on the home of the project is the flickr page, not this thread anymore, and there will be a facebook page as well. Every week there will be an auction as usual. The difference is that they will be on E-bay. People can pay with paypal or bitcoins at the going rate at the end of the action. This is because i want to reach more people and give them the opportunity to find out about Photo Hour and about bitcoin. Beginning in January, however, the first auction every month will be on biddingpond and you will only be able to pay with bitcoins. Hopefully this will turn one or two people into bitcoin users and spread the word about bitcoins to a lot more. There will still be a new thread on this forum that only shows one pic of every mission and a link to the photo set on flickr.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 04:14:44 PM

Props to actually finding flowers to take pictures of!  I have no idea what plant is in the middle picture, but eh, close enough.  Wink  Any way to get higher-res versions of those photos?  Like... 1920x1200 (or similar)?

So you charge about $125/hr for photography services?  Not bad... my sister is a photographer, though she just started a few years back.  She's done a few weddings and whatnot now though.  I think she charges per event for weddings though, not sure on the cost.  A simple photoshoot would probably come out to around the same amount you charge though.

Best of luck with your photo hours on eBay!
roos (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 04:51:21 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2011, 10:30:49 PM by roos

Its sweden, you know, everything costs twice as much as the us. First deduct 25% VAT, then fees and taxes for about another 50%. It all sums up to, keep 40% of what people pay you and give the rest to mr Björk.

I sent you a mail about where you want me to upload the picstures and where you can find previews of the rest of the them. If you didnt get it, could you please send me an email so that i know i got the right address.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: