Print  
Author Topic: Denial  (Read 7036 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:30:20 PM

I love seeing this post. This dumbass talked himself out of THE opportunity of our lifetimes. He sure sounds like Igor, bitcoinlitcoindicklick and Fonzie today doesn't he...

IIRC, Nagle admitted one time where he did his buy-in.  Right about $2.00 which was about the ideal timing.  He also mentioned this before the values started to rise significantly as well as going dark on the forum at the same which made his assertion of the buy-in credible to me.

There is not even an implied requirement to be honest and truthful on this forum much less a mechanism to enforce such a thing.  It's simply a personal choice.  I doubt that Nagle's efforts here on the forum had much impact on prices whether he imagines it or not, but I don't at doubt that he has a knack for picking price points.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:38:46 PM

True, I would hate it if MtGox would eat money I hold there as USD, but that would be heavy fraud. But otherwise, what's the point of your post? If I get out instead of buying, other people won't get that money for the coins. People who wanted to sell in the end, who weren't suited to take the risk from the start.

I am willing to lose money if Bitcoin fails, and I am aware there is a good chance that will happen. I see myself as a fundamental speculator and have accepted the fact that I have no exit strategy for any value held in BTC if Bitcoin dies.

Those who don't think like that should have quit a long time ago. They pay now, almost as much as I, but without the chance to make profit if Bitcoin succeeds. That's not speculation, it's burning money.

Reality is probabilistic. Live with it, you do not know for a fact that Bitcoin will die. If you disagree, I accept a 1:100 asymmetric bet in addition to my speculations here. Wink

This is one of the most sensible and true posts that I have read on these boards. Nobody...I don't care if you are Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet...knows whether Bitcoin is going to go up, down, sideways or in fucking circles...least of all people on this board!

Several people on these boards make consistently good calls, both positive and negative.

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:43:11 PM

I'm amazed at the level of denial here. "Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix." "The price is great the way it is going." "The lower the price gets the more I am considering the possibility that this is intentional." It's far too late for that.  This thing is over.

Again, if you have cash in any of the exchanges, get it out now. None of those guys are audited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7cMrIxghg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: