Print  
Author Topic: Denial  (Read 7036 times)
Nagle (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 12:54:51 AM

I'm amazed at the level of denial here. "Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix." "The price is great the way it is going." "The lower the price gets the more I am considering the possibility that this is intentional." It's far too late for that.  This thing is over.

Again, if you have cash in any of the exchanges, get it out now. None of those guys are audited.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:04:09 AM

I know why i'm still around, what about you?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:08:10 AM

I know why i'm still around, what about you?

It's in no one's interests to see a microcosm of groupthink develop on bitcoin.  This place is big enough for all opinions.  But maybe it is time to cool it a bit on the 'bitcoin is dead, hahaha!' posts, as they essentially serve no purpose.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:16:21 AM

I'm amazed at the level of denial here. "Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix." "The price is great the way it is going." "The lower the price gets the more I am considering the possibility that this is intentional." It's far too late for that.  This thing is over.

Again, if you have cash in any of the exchanges, get it out now. None of those guys are audited.

Hey Nagle, can I borrow your time machine? I'd like to find out who wins the world series.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:20:52 AM

True, I would hate it if MtGox would eat money I hold there as USD, but that would be heavy fraud. But otherwise, what's the point of your post? If I get out instead of buying, other people won't get that money for the coins. People who wanted to sell in the end, who weren't suited to take the risk from the start.

I am willing to lose money if Bitcoin fails, and I am aware there is a good chance that will happen. I see myself as a fundamental speculator and have accepted the fact that I have no exit strategy for any value held in BTC if Bitcoin dies.

Those who don't think like that should have quit a long time ago. They pay now, almost as much as I, but without the chance to make profit if Bitcoin succeeds. That's not speculation, it's burning money.

Reality is probabilistic. Live with it, you do not know for a fact that Bitcoin will die. If you disagree, I accept a 1:100 asymmetric bet in addition to my speculations here. Wink
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:29:35 AM

I like reading Mr Nagle's posts - they are very one-sided.  If I made as many predictions I'm sure at least one would succeed.

I don't think it will rise like a phoenix (and you might want to check your mythology about rebirth of phoenix).

The main point is one of time-scale.  If I applied the same logic to the world financial system in 2007/08, we all would have given up a couple of years ago.  I have a longer term view, years, not weeks like most of the panicky people that love to post gloom and bonanza all over the forum.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:48:24 AM

Nagle - clearly you know what you're talking about. So, why are you not shorting tens of thousands of bitcoins? My goodness if it falls to zero you'll be rich!

So why not?
old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:57:35 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that posting a new thread every day, re-stating their same, unchanging opinion, is obnoxious?
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:27:05 AM

Nagle - clearly you know what you're talking about. So, why are you not shorting tens of thousands of bitcoins? My goodness if it falls to zero you'll be rich!
There is no safe way to short bitcoin.  Bitcoinica's fortunes are just as uncertain as MtGoX's.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:27:13 AM

nowhere to go but up!
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:33:52 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that posting a new thread every day, re-stating their same, unchanging opinion, is obnoxious?

If you tell a person they're ugly, long enough, eventually they'll believe it!

Some sooner than others!

When FUD is spread constantly, over time it becomes believed or accepted. Then little by little, it snowballs to what we have today!

BOT;
I'm not in denial! I have no clue what's in store for Bitcoin. I do however, make money from it, in turn making the small pile of BTC I keep essentially free to me, so I have no worries!

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:36:08 AM

some people run bots on exchanges, some run bots on forums
Shinobi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:48:54 AM

Nagle has said the same warning over the past few months and now those statements are starting to bother you because you that he was right all along.

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 04:28:42 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2011, 03:59:15 AM by tvbcof

Nagle has said the same warning over the past few months and now those statements are starting to bother you because you that he was right all along.

I see now that he was right all along.

I'm so happy that Bitcoinica exists so I can get back my money by shorting.  I really didn't understand that stuff about stop-loss, but it sounds like something for woosies and I don't see why it would be necessary since so many really smart people are saying that Bitcoin is dead and headed to zero.

Pretty soon I'll be riding around in my new Ferrari with a real live woman and laughing at all you looozers.

---

Update:  Please help!  They stole my money Sad   'Migraine call' or some BS like that.  Can I get some more advice form the the wise and experienced bears who bless this forum with their insight?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

nowhere to go but up!

On the contrary, it's significantly more susceptible to dropping in value by $1~ and halving in value overnight.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:05:22 PM

would the Bears like Nagle and Shinobi please short into the bid wall at $2 and take it down?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 01:10:15 PM

I see now that he was right all along.

I'm so happy that Bitcoinica exists so I can get back my money by shorting.  I really didn't understand that stuff about stop-loss, but it sounds like something for woosies and I don't see why it would be necessary since so many really smart people are saying that Bitcoin is dead and headed to zero.

Pretty soon I'll be riding around in my new Ferrari with a real live woman and laughing at all you looozers.

haha

priceless  Cheesy
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 01:50:05 PM

What wall, it's clearly another fake wall from The manipulator

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:53:26 PM

http://www.downside.com/

everyone please go to this piece of sh*t and draw your own conclusions.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 01:59:10 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: