Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Addressing Worldcoin Well Questions  (Read 704 times)
Thorgrim (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:08:54 PM

Originally Posted by TSRP on the Worldcoin forum: http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/1595-to-address-some-worldcoin-well-questions/

I have seen this topic brought up several times, some people believe that Worldcoin got help from Vertcoin in funding the well. While there was a conversation earlier about possibly working together, no actual results were produced. Vertcoin supporters did start a website to fund raise, but we (Worldcoin) have not received any of these funds and we did not use these in our own fundraising. We actually have no idea what these Vertcoin supporters did with their raised funds. Perhaps this is something people in their community should be talking about.

To reiterate: The Worldcoin Well was funded by the Worldcoin Community only, Vertcoins were not added to our total. This is not to say that we don't want to collaborate with other Altcoins in the future, but these rumors are not true.

The contributions that made up the gap can be found in this thread: http://worldcoinforu...-match-success/

Please see for yourself and feel free to correct anyone who is spreading misinformation.

1. Worldcoin Community fully funded the well on its own.
2. Vertcoin fundraiser raised money also but we have no idea what they did with it.
3. Vertcoin fundraiser was significantly less than Worldcoin's.
4. There is a constant barrage of rumors that Vertcoin funded our gap.
5. Combining points 2,3 raises the question as to why 4 keeps existing.

I personally donated twice to fill in the funding gap so know full well Vertcoin funds were not used.

If Vertcoin is still in possesion of funds raised and they wish to discuss matters, they can always contact me by PM here or on wordcoinforum.org

The funds do not have to go to waste. They could be donated to a another charity or donated to The Well Projects general fund.

Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:24:30 PM

I don't believe the well exists  Cheesy

Producer
Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:26:50 PM

I don't believe the well exists  Cheesy

https://thewaterproject.org/community/profile/brandon-brown

Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

Also just to be clear. There were talks with Vertcoin about them helping us out but the Worldcoin Committee did not agree to accept their help.

If there was some sort of confusion or misunderstanding I am sorry. However. I see this as a good thing. Vertcoin has $5000 or so that they can use to help people with. That is a success for their community.

tbitt

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:04:53 PM

Awesome effort espesially considering the current situation Smiley
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 06:09:07 PM

I didn't hear about these rumors before

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 06:23:40 PM

I didn't hear about these rumors before

I am not sure how widespread the rumors were but it was brought up in our IRC channel (#worldcoin) a few times. We thought it best to address the issue immediately before it circulated around the internet a few times and became "fact."

Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:50:47 AM

I am very proud of our community. I donated also once to the original because I felt bad for Africans (and wanted some good "karma" to WDC).

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:04:04 AM

I don't want to be a troll but in the past when WDC got involved... Well...anyway I hope this project will not turn into a slave, weapons, ivory, and raw diamond smuggling scam. If not, then I wish you all the best Smiley.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: