Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Average Mined $/BTC for miners  (Read 1225 times)
allten (OP)

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 01:30:14 AM

I want to provide a service that gives the bitcoin community an idea of the mining $/BTC average.
It would be a report given every month that would delve in the world of mining and at the end give a
good estimate of the average money the miner spends to generate bitcoins.

One of the reasons I believe the price got so unreasonably high was so many investors neglected the importance of $/BTC mining costs.
My goal is to successfully start a trend where BTC prices are almost always quoted with the average $/BTC mining costs.
Compared to Silver and Gold, Bitcoin has a very unique relationship with mining operations.

Before I do my first write up, I would like to bounce some of my ideas off the community and ask for help.
I will be updating this thread.

For starters, Here is what I would like to ask help with:
1)Links to all the other similar posts - I know there's gotta be a half dozen of them; no need in re-inventing the wheel. [1 BTC bounty to the first post containing them all]
2)The best rig for the buck without sacrificing too much quality. Damaged cards from a cheap Power supply or downtime because a cheep mother board should be taken into consideration.
     [Another 1 BTC bounty for the best rig submitted with price totals and links to the online computer stores]

Thanks again.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 07:53:10 AM

Here is something that might help you: World-wide price for generating 1BTC

Anyway, good luck with that. Just let me tell you that what you are proposing sounds unrealistic because 1) the $/BTC can't be calculated accurately and 2) speculators couldn't care less about that.
allten (OP)

Activity: 455

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 07:21:40 PM

Here is something that might help you: World-wide price for generating 1BTC

Anyway, good luck with that. Just let me tell you that what you are proposing sounds unrealistic because 1) the $/BTC can't be calculated accurately and 2) speculators couldn't care less about that.

I knew there were people already a head of me on these thoughts. I didn't want to spend the time "re-inventing the wheel".

Thanks for the Link.
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 08:34:21 AM

On my systems according to my kill-a-watt and verified by my monthly bill on the smart grid I am on. It in all reality cost me under $1 to generate a btc. But that isnt the case on my earlier build or machines with non custom psus.
You know what, screw it. I get 94% + off of my meanwell psus. First, Cablesareus says they have 48v 360s? is that an error or will that go boom? I got mine off ebay, and they run 2 5830s each and only add around 1.8-2.1 amps at a time to the current load. That alongside a 80+ bronze or silver and Im crunching away easy. (have a build that is running off a $30 (after rebate) 650w 80+ Antec Earthwatts with 2 of the meanwells each costing $22 each. ($30+(2x22)=$72 and will run 6 5830s on a msi890 gd65 (not a gd70) happily. Invest on a thrird $22 meanwell and you have a $96 100% independently powered rig that while I have only seen the 650+2 360w meanwell config at a verified 6.9amps to run it all, i assume you would run around close to 8amps for all the cards to run off the meanwells.

Forgot one cost variable. You need to cut (or pull) the molexed adapter off the gpu 6pims and buy a medical grade (if your smart) tool replacement cable to hook it to the surge protector. Home depot, sale, $7.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████