Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEO&BEE] - The Neo & Bee Speculation Thread  (Read 2008 times)
N_S (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:39:05 PM

There's been some talk about a need for a speculation thread to attempt to keep the official thread a little less cluttered.

To the moon, etc.  Cool

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=NEOBEE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:41:22 PM

Speculation threads are a waste of time. Either moderate or don't.

My 2 bitcents...
N_S (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:48:50 PM

My 2 bitcents...

Eh, I see what you're saying (can't say I totally disagree), but people expressed interest in one, so...why not? Smiley
awrelll

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:01:12 PM

If what V2Rocket posted is real

9,600,000 - 5,050,672 = 4,549,328 unsold public shares.
That's almost half of all public shares in the IPO offering.
The shares will be destroyed to benefit shareholders.

then the price should easly double... right?
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:17:21 PM

My 2 bitcents...

Eh, I see what you're saying (can't say I totally disagree), but people expressed interest in one, so...why not? Smiley

Haha I didn't even know I was in the speculation thread when I posted that. See what I mean!
N_S (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:25:39 AM

Haha I didn't even know I was in the speculation thread when I posted that. See what I mean!

Cheesy

We'll see if people want to use it. If not, it'll be headed for the thread graveyard.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:50:19 AM

dammit ill use it.

these swings are impossible at the moment! walls keep disappearing on me; and what i thought was a low bid apparently wasnt low enough.

its funny to think, at some point in the future, ppl will laugh that how cheap these shares were. and im bitching about 4%.

perspective, huh?

~Green
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:54:15 AM

dammit ill use it.

these swings are impossible at the moment! walls keep disappearing on me; and what i thought was a low bid apparently wasnt low enough.

its funny to think, at some point in the future, ppl will laugh that how cheap these shares were. and im bitching about 4%.

perspective, huh?

~Green
Neobee an unproven company in a heavily regulated business without a clear way to earn XBT with fancy expensive branches that pays no dividends currently appears to be worth more than Asicminer a company with a simple proven business model that pays a 5% yearly dividend in XBT.  Perspective huh?

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:17:37 AM

dammit ill use it.

perspective, huh?

~Green
Neobee an unproven company in a heavily regulated business without a clear way to earn XBT with fancy expensive branches that pays no dividends currently appears to be worth more than Asicminer a company with a simple proven business model that pays a 5% yearly dividend in XBT.  Perspective huh?

Neobee is valued at 1/3 asicminer.

And who uses xbt?
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

dammit ill use it.

perspective, huh?

~Green

And who uses xbt?
According to havelock, market cap for Neobee was higher but even if it's 1/3 it doesn't matter.  Regular banks make money because they can borrow from central banks at lower rates then they lend out.  Neobee makes BTC ...  Well maybe you can explain how they plan to make BTC.  Whatever fees they make in fiat it's hard to see how that will exceed expenses.  And that's not even talking about tail risks of fraud on the fiat side and theft on the BTC side.  Whatever negligible fees they possibly charge in BTC will be forever declining since BTC is deflationary.  Investing in MP or bitbet would be better.  At least your BTC doesn't get continuously eaten up by increasing real world fiat expenses of fancy branches, salaries and retirement packages for founders.
PS  Used BTC for you so you can focus on actual issues at hand.

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:39:35 AM

According to havelock, market cap for Neobee was higher but even if it's 1/3 it doesn't matter.

There are 400,000 Asicminer shares.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:03:57 AM

dammit ill use it.

perspective, huh?

~Green

And who uses xbt?
According to havelock, market cap for Neobee was higher but even if it's 1/3 it doesn't matter.  Regular banks make money because they can borrow from central banks at lower rates then they lend out.  Neobee makes BTC ...  Well maybe you can explain how they plan to make BTC.  Whatever fees they make in fiat it's hard to see how that will exceed expenses.  And that's not even talking about tail risks of fraud on the fiat side and theft on the BTC side.  Whatever negligible fees they possibly charge in BTC will be forever declining since BTC is deflationary.  Investing in MP or bitbet would be better.  At least your BTC doesn't get continuously eaten up by increasing real world fiat expenses of fancy branches, salaries and retirement packages for founders.

what are your motivations for participating in this thread?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:08:37 AM

dammit ill use it.

perspective, huh?

~Green

And who uses xbt?

what are your motivations for participating in this thread?

To be fair he is speculating.
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

Missed this elsewhere. What happened to the unsold shares?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:50:40 PM

Destroyed, may be sold in the future with different conditions than ours.

lunarboy

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:29:47 PM

Destroyed, may be sold in the future with different conditions than ours.

Thanks.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:30:43 PM

Stop saying shares are being destroyed. That was never a thing.
lunarboy

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:33:36 PM

Right now I'm confused.  Huh

when he says destroyed does that mean not issued? or were they kept as unfloated shares and hence still belong to Neo ?

if there are any official posts on this a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

edit all i've seen so far is this

February 5th, 2014 - IPVO End Date Announcement

Currently, one can purchase NEOBEE shares directly from LMB Holdings at 0.003 bitcoins each. However, on February 23, 2014, any remaining unsold NEOBEE shares at LMB-holdings.com will be taken off the market, bringing the original IPVO to a definitive end.

Shares will remain tradable at HavelockInvestments.com at market prices. Transfer services will remain available between LMB-holdings.com and HavelockInvestments.com by emailing tat.investments@gmail.com and paying any applicable fees.

We will provide another update that will detail what will happen to any unsold shares, how dividends are affected, and under what conditions shares may be made available for sale in the future.

Future share releases would be under a new class of shares, and would not include the 0.0035btc of priority payments of dividends that the current shares have. We do not have any current plans to re-release the unsold shares. Any offerings will be announced at least 30 days in advance.

Please feel free to ask questions here, and we'll try to make sure everything pertinent is addressed in the update.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:50:41 PM

Sorry, taken off the market. Smiley

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:51:24 PM

What you quoted seems to answer your question. Any further details will be included in the next prospectus update.

Again, no shares are destroyed and it's unlikely any such thing would ever happen. However, as appears in the quote, unsold shares will be converted to a more limited class of shares for any future purposes.

I urge you all again to join the main thread, to avoid fragmenting efforts and misinformation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: