Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding Coins and Tokens...  (Read 2255 times)
bundo

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:37:26 PM

Forced to not be able to take profits first or not to be able to get a rate, until the rate can return to the highest price, then sell it.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:44:59 PM

I think that if the token or coin goes up exponentially in a short time, I take advantage of this moment to sell at least 50% of my tokens, as they are rarely this high again, unless the project is very promising and is fulfilling all its roadmap, You also have to take into account that there is a time limit in which you should hodl the tokens in most projects 1 or 2 months is enough for them to reach their full potential, if a project does not start to show results in that time is better to sell the tokens and look for another ICO

youngmobi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:47:30 PM

Before you think in your mind about holding any coin alway's try and do research about that project what the are upto and changes the want to bring if it's making a sense that's mean the will last and the are good to hodl.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:48:50 PM

Until when you gonna hold your coins and tokens?
Will you dump it if it is pumping in the market?

I think the basic rule is simply don't sell for a loss.  If anyone bought into the hype cycle between Nov 2017 and even up to now then the answer is simply to hold and wait until you at least have some measure of profit.  I mined a coin called dashcoin (not Dash) and I was pretty sure it was dead way back in 2014.  Then in Nov 2017 it pumped up on an exchange and I got my mining expenses back plus a little bit more.  So, no point in selling at a loss unless you just really need the money.  Otherwise, just chillax and wait until you are in the green zone--profit!

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:00:48 PM

I am holding my coins and tokens until the targeted prices, mostly until the projects’ developments are matured. IMO, there is no point selling in one or two pump and lose out on the long term profits.
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:05:12 PM

Everything will be sold except bitcoin.  Grin

When my altcoins pump like crazy then I will have no regrets into selling it.
I want to use it as a means to buy more bitcoin. That is the legitimate currency which will last in a lifetime and will be more used in the future. I dont doubt that.

But this alts. They have a lifespan for me. I see some altcoins dying any minute. It just takes 2 - 3 years then suddenly left like a dust.
MisterLangley

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:13:12 PM

If I don't continue to hold tokens and coins until the market conditions are stable because the tokens and coins that I hold have been determined the price when the ICO runs until it's finished. So I don't think it's too good to hold it too long.
Xlmmooner

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

Synchrotron - Airdrop POS

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:17:20 PM

Holding is a good idea. Just dont hold too long and screw yourself over. Take some time to understand the technicals of the market. Knowing how to read btc well is a great help for knowing when to HODL and when to sell

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:19:15 PM

I am not in a hurry because I already have taken a very defensive position at the beginning of the year, now I can hold happily as profit has already been made for most coins.

yavorskiy616

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:21:23 PM

hello, I will keep my coins for a long period before the capitalization of the crypto-currency market to 900,000,000,000 dollars or higher, at the moment I am a little bribing coins, and those in which I recently took part in the bounty and are sure of them.
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

I only hold some bitcoin and it is going to be so for a long while. I may buy some very specific tokens as I read quite many WP and sometimes the temptation is high LOL

Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:31:40 PM

What i ussually do is HODL until it fulfills what is written on their whitepaper or fulfilled some interedting part of their road map like listed to a well known exchange market or a partnership with whales businesses. The price of cryptocurrrency nowadays are still unstable and looks like will encounter more price correction or deeper dip so i continue holding those altcoins. I know that someday, i will regret letting those go on cheaper price when its price multiply up to 10 times when the bull market starts.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:38:07 PM

Before any tip or instruction, we must maintain a strategy of entry and exit, only then we can perform an action without depending on any moment. For example: If my strategy is to sell at 20% profit and -10% loss then I will have to keep and run without retreating. Now if you do not respect your goals the disorder and major damages will be your allies. Remembering that this holds for any currency or token and unfortunately following a bomb sign is act desperate in most cases.
Ronyx

Activity: 525

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:39:13 PM

I will hold it for now because for me the price is very low to sell. I am sure the market situation is getting better and when it arrives I will use the opportunity to sell.

polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:41:01 PM

I will hold it until the target I specify, I usually hold it if the project I follow is successful. even though at the beginning the price of the token dropped. There are also people who sell coins because of their daily needs and others. They must use the market well to grow with it.
BTCCavalletto

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:45:27 PM

I am going to hold them until it reaches a certain price range. There is no point of investment if I do not grab the opportunity of making profit. If the market is green, I will sell them at a price that gives me good ROI.
BetadiNe

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:46:39 PM

at the moment I hold a number of tokens, but at a very low price, I am currently waiting for the market to recover to sell the token, so that it gives me enough profit compared to now, because if I sell now it seems worthless.
Paul95

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:47:32 PM

Some coins I hold only to get at least 10% profit, after that I sell all of it and put it into better coin. Tokens I sell immediately, I've not met token with good quality yet.

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
davcro22

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:51:32 PM

I will keep it until the market grows several times. The price of some coins fell tenfold, so you will have to wait a long time for the market to recover.
Rupcrypto

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:53:15 PM

I think if anybody is going to hold their coins and tokens they must have to be patience and wait until the market prices level will raised up to the higher then they can get its benefits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: