Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:57:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof Of Stake  (Read 202 times)
nedian (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:01:50 AM

Can someone explain to me how proof of stake works in detail?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3834

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:07:39 AM

In summary, you'd have to lock or "stake" up a certain amount of coins to be a validator. The advantage of this is that a certain validator can lose access to their staked coins if they do something shady.

Probably a bad explanation so I apologize; I suggest reading this instead if you want to go more in-depth: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/proof-stake-pos.asp

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:16:56 PM

Stake will be proff if your work with following the rules, If no, You can't get stake. Carefully for work, So you will get stake like you want. I says stake for Bounty Campaign.
Insufficient

Activity: 231
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:13:54 PM

Can someone explain to me how proof of stake works in detail?
Proof of stake is the best alternative to proof of work, instead of having miners prove each and every transaction is legitimate, proof of stake requires that a person stake (hold or lockup) coins and validate ownership.
More info just visit : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27787.0
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:57:40 PM
Merited by jacee (1)

In Proof of Work consensus protocols, the validators (miners) have to solve a mathematical puzzle in order to add new blocks in the blockchain. In Proof of Stake protocols, validators have to stake coins to be given the the right to propose and vote on the new blocks.

I would like to refer you to Ethereum's FAQ about Proof of Stake:

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQs

They have nicely described some of the aspects of the PoS consensus, which they are announcing to implement in near future.

I still have no idea how they will solve the "nothing at stake problem" (point 4) should forks occur.
cokroalif

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:08:00 PM

stake is obtained when you complete a weekly assignment with the rules made by the manager bounty, according to the rank and division of the stake in the bounty campaign
butka

Merit: 246

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:22:26 PM

Stake will be proff if your work with following the rules, If no, You can't get stake. Carefully for work, So you will get stake like you want. I says stake for Bounty Campaign.
stake is obtained when you complete a weekly assignment with the rules made by the manager bounty, according to the rank and division of the stake in the bounty campaign

You have both totally missed the point of the OP. This thread has nothing to do with bounty campaigns.

Please don't spam this thread with useless comments.
Heidim

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:11:47 AM

All of the above (nothing to do with bounty campaigns  Wink), but I see it like earning interest on the amount you are holding in your wallet. Great way to earn more coins without the expensive mining rigs and electricity consumption.
Deepa18dec

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:00:11 AM

In Proof of work, you'll need good equipment and more electricity consumption to mine a coin where as in proof of stake, you just have to hold the coins in certain wallet and then according to the rules set by the developers, you'll get the reward. For example if there is a coin which becomes mature in 24 hours (Example: PRiVCY), then after 24 hours of having that coin in your wallet, you are eligible to receive the stake rewards. More coins you have in your wallet, more chances of you getting more rewards of stake. All you have to do is keep your wallet open and online. Simple as that.
Gloryobinna

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:14:38 AM
Merited by jacee (1)

Completing an assignment or a task at a given period of time..  Thereby earning the reward at the end of the time..  Hope you understand?

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token ] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
bitsnack
Copper Member

Activity: 60
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:02:07 PM

In Cryptocurrency there are different types of proofs, what I am guessing you are familiar with is proof of work, which uses electricity consumption to answer mathmatical equations in hope of having the right answer to get the block.

Proof of stake is much more eco friendly, as it does not require you to buy expensive mining gear. In proof of stake, you "lock" up your coins, and your coins will validate transactions based on how many coins you hold, and you will be rewarded. The more coins, the more reward.

The coin is in a way kind of like the mining power for mining proof of work coins, the more coins, the more mining power.

Hope this helped!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: