Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:06:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a newb but I want to invest... any thoughts?  (Read 724 times)
newb2pro (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:57:07 AM

Everyone makes mistakes when they first start out investing.
After all, almost the entire crypto market is made up of unlicensed and inexperienced investors.
You learn through trial and error, research and experience.

As far as airdrops though, honestly, your post kinda seems like a cleverly disguised advertisement.
But I will still give some advice.

My advice is: airdrops are a waste of time.
The reward is typically insignificant and the value of the coin you receive rarely goes up.
This is because from a business model standpoint, airdrops actually destroy value instead of create value.
If the airdrop brings in awareness and new investors it can work, but that is rarely the case.

Your time is better spent doing bounties instead of airdrops if you want to go the "get free coins" route.

LOL it sounded like an advertisement? Oh that must be because i mentioned a specific airdrop, maybe? Yeah, I'm sorry about that. After hearing about a bunch of them, it was the easiest one to participate in but I had no confidence in myself. So, I asked here.

Hm I see what you mean about the business model standpoint. More supply (free coins) means less value, right? I should add that to my 'things to look at when looking at businesses'. Thanks for the advice. I will eventually invest money, after more research and gaining more experience + confidence.

Thanks!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xlady
Copper Member

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:00:28 AM

Airdrops are ways to get free Tokens, but to be honest it won't give what you want. What they share is meagre compared to the total supply. Bounties are the way to go but will need your time and some resources.
Ems30

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:09:24 AM

In terms of expirence sometime is have a good and bad  times side-effect in our life ,,but you will  not alone because some person will also desame situation in terms of trading market or investment  career path, so that joining at airdrop, bounty campaing and other alternative extra income here, at the desame time are also helpful to have you more coin in the future.
changxia

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:53:17 AM

Is there such an exaggeration? Are you buying bitcoin for $20,000? If so, you can only continue to do so now. You can learn the experience and then buy other coins.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
saganpav

Activity: 140

SPOKKZ

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:08:46 AM

In order to get a good profit with airdrops you need to take part in them for a long time. You will definitely get nothing from one. Better pay your attention to bounty, there is more chance of getting good tokens.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:39:17 AM

hello mate good day to you. as you said you were a newbie in cryptocurrency world better you do spme research first and get aone techniques from the masters if you want to trade or invest in such token. my advice to you because you invested in BTC better to hold your token at the moment, cryptocurrency dont have stable value and BTC rightnow is still on its lowest price. wait for the bullish run to earn more profit. maybe it will hit in the end of december or early january next year, so better hold your coins at the moment.
Whisper555

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:51:37 PM

Given the cryptocurrency situation, in my opinion, you can invest in bitcoin and altcoins (they have more volatility, but with growth can give more X). From altcoins: analyze the market, study information about the projects. Airedrops is a good way to get acquainted with the market, get coins or tokens for free (you only invest your time). If you like the project, it's idea, then why not participate?

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:53:15 PM

Investing in Bitcoin and Ethereum when you're still a newbie is a good beginning and of course a new opportunity for you to start up in Cryptocurrency. As time passes by you'll gain knowledge and somehow you'll realize that there are more opportunities waiting for you in Crypto. That's a good start.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:58:35 PM

If you not sell any of your bitcoins yet then you lost nothing since you itself mentioned that the market can boom at any time so hold your coins until to make money.

Doing airdrops is a way to make money but it is hard to find the legit aidrops,most of them were scams and worthless to do,you can try bounties if you want to make money which is better than airdrops.

Airdrop is just one way to make additional free money, but don't expect it to be big. Probably just a few dollars, cents even.
Try to do bounties, while it's also a hit or miss as sometimes it does not have value or may even be a scam.
It's good that you asked and also followed rule #1 - invest only what you can afford to lose.

Crypto will take a lot of time, work and research and also trying to keep up with the news on the projects that you follow.
Good luck on your crypto journey.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:06:41 PM

To be honest, investing should be your own decision. The things you find online, reviews and opinions, can and should only be used as a basis. But do not fully rely on online content but trust your own gut feeling. As this is your own money you will be investing.
You are right, own decision is always clear to choose what they need but beginners are start the career in newly so small bad impression is mark a big impression so two more times analyse the complete details of project then ask the suggestion for this also and finally pick the right one. It is the right way to choose the any project for beginners.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:33:08 PM

Hold your money, learn more about cryptocurrency first. There is plenty of information on this forum and the internet. Better to spend more of your time and wait a little bit longer rather than you regret you have burned your money. The most important thing on any investment is never put all of your egg in one basket, do research on several crypto. And in the crypto world, the worst mistake that mostly done by newcomer is FOMO, Fear of Missing Out, they often buy a coin that already pumped by the whale and then ends up giving their money to the whale. Those two advices will help you a lot, but still, learn more from this forum and the internet.

gordeevaverona

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:37:00 PM

the main thing when investing yourself is to protect yourself! security investment is a rule! and now is the best time for investment. After December, now is a drawdown. But soon there will be a market turn. you can make mistakes, the main thing is not to commit them again!
Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:13:42 PM

You can invest in CMC's top 10 cryptocurrencies. All are very good number of coin. I believe in few months market will be healthy. You can have a good profit from it.

████████████           CYBERTRADE          || |   |    |     MMO RPG FUTURISTIC          ████████████
||     Twitter     ||||   Telegram   ||||     TikTok     ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:33:16 PM

I want to give you useful advise, first of all make sure your wallet is safe, because now many dangerous from hackers, also 2 of my wallets was stolen
lyfecoin

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:43:11 PM

Hi, guys and gurus! Nice to meet you all.  Cheesy
I've been coming to the forum time to time, but it's my first time posting.
I need some advice...

I bought BTC and lost 90% of my money a while back. It wasn't all my savings or anything, but it was quite a loss. A friend of mine told me about the bitcoin - but I didn't know anything about this crypto world so I still kick myself for being so dumb - and I got in without research. Snap, and it was gone.  Sad
I guess I should have been smarter, should have done my research, should have come here before and so forth... but what's done is done.

But now that I do more reading and follow this crypto market, I am more and more convinced that cryptocurrency is going to boom soon and I don't want to miss out!

I've been looking around recently and found out this thing called 'airdrops' and from what I understand they basically give you some coins for free!  Shocked
I think it's a good thing cuz I don't feel comfortable about the risk of putting money in but at the same time can get a bit of coin for free.
But it also means that I can't really spend it or exchange it for cash for a long time, right?

The airdrop event my friend and I found is this thing called Coindrop, and apparently I can make up to like 60,000 SEEDs. (Here is the link: coindrop.link)
I'm a bit cautious but it sounds like really good opportunity, so I figured I'd ask you experts.

So what do you guys think?  Huh

If you are investing your hard earned money or taking loan or breaking your retirement/savings account ,then I will not advice to in invest in cryptos.
If you can afford to risk or even lose all your money,you can invest in cryptos for LONG TERM. It may even take a decade to see good returns and you should be ready to HODL and wait
jpnl0002

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:56:29 PM

You are welcome to the forum friend and you did well by asking questions here prior to your investment do ensure you make every necessary research gather concrete information about the project study them properly before you invest and also invest what you can lose
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

well, this is one example of a newbie who did not study cryptocurrency but immediately made an investment, nowadays many airdrops are giving money free but not all because 95% of them are scam, my advice to you is to read more so you know how the product, team and potential of the coin, and to get more income then join the bounty Grin

nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:17:36 AM

My best advise to you is to first learn about crypto space and blockchain before thinking of making an investment, it is not good to invest into something you don't really know much about, learn about cryptos first then you can make the right decision and right investment.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:36:22 AM

I will advise you to do more research and reading about cryptos, you might think that you are more comfortable until you are hit, I will advice you do some airdrop and bounty while you still do your reading to understand the space very well.
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:14:50 PM

You can invest in any of your favorite coins in the money market. But be careful, be careful about the information and the penny you will buy. Do not rush to spend all your money to invest when prices are falling.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: