Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 09:29:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should I keep my bitcoins?  (Read 717 times)
YamigaHyoushi

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:43:30 AM

What about etherium light wallets like imToken? Is it a form of hot wallet or another kind of wallet? Im confused as to how many wallets are available.
suchi2591

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:45:35 AM

Best option is to keep them in hardware wallet or on paperwallet. Never put your coins on exhcnage wallets.
Labonikhatun

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:10:49 PM

I am confused on how cold wallets and hot wallets differ. To make any transaction we still need to get access to internet. Then how are they different?
Being connected to the internet makes the wallet hot and every wallet needs to connect to the internet for any transactions.

I think you the safest keep bitcoins option is a hardware wallet which you keep offline, in a secure place. Because there are several different types of wallets you can use to store and manage your digital assets. Method of cold storage include keeping bitcoins. On a USB drive or other storage media. On a paper wallet . Use a offline bitcoin hardware wallet is the best bitcoin wallet.
priscadavids

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 09:30:24 PM

Personally, I used blockchain.info. It's been safe so far. You might want to try it too.
Sabertoothboth

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:00:18 AM

Ledger Nano S works best for me. Highly recommended.
Don't worry about going online with it Cool
Midcrypto

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 01:20:09 AM

I am confused on how cold wallets and hot wallets differ. To make any transaction we still need to get access to internet. Then how are they different?
Being connected to the internet makes the wallet hot and every wallet needs to connect to the internet for any transactions.

COLD WALLETS: Are not permanently connected to a network (the internet).
HOT WALLETS: Always connected to the internet.

The delineation is the ability to be able to remove the Crypto from the internet.

We have a detailed explanation of wallets and their advantages/disadvantages here:

https://midcrypto.com/pages/cryptopedia
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:34:04 AM

I think hardware wallets are the safest place to keep your Bitcoins. Every time you want to perform a transaction it requires you to digitally sign the transaction using the usb device. I personally use the Ledger Nano S because of it's design and easy to use interface. I heard Trezor is also another good choice for storing bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies.

Verity the Real-Time Decentralized Oracle
Register Today! (https://alpha.verity.network/?referral=AE33164)
Robbio

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:20:21 AM

If the exchange is very powerful you can put it directly on the exchange. Or what you need is a long-term investment you can put in your own wallet.
ShamoKe

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:06:24 PM

If you are a daily trader, you should choose a secure trading platform to save. If you need to save for a long time, then "cold wallet" is your best choice!
Zodiaclo

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:08:39 PM

A cold wallet (Ledger Nano S or Trezor) is the safest option to keep your Bitcoins.
boyptc

Activity: 3080
Merit: 681

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:09:08 PM

If you are a daily trader, you should choose a secure trading platform to save. If you need to save for a long time, then "cold wallet" is your best choice!
Being a day trader isn't an exception you only have to deposit the amount that you afford to lose to an exchange.

You can't be sure of anything there because you can't tell what's about to come with these exchange since hackings are very much popular today.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
pwchan001

Activity: 118
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:50:05 AM

The main difference between hot and cold wallet is that hot wallet is connected to the internet constantly while the cold wallet is not. Therefore hot wallet is more vulnerable to theft. If you want to store vast majority of your savings in a safe place, cold wallet is the best choice. At the same time, you can also put a little amount into a hot wallet in case you need to use it.

Welcome to feeless future! (https://discord.gg/tdN4ue6)
rnssol (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:52:59 PM

Cold wallet. Hot wallet. Offline wallet. Hardware wallet. How many kinds of bitcoin wallet are there?
Well here are a number of different wallets. All differ based on their types, forms and security.
rnssol (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:54:14 PM

Best option is to keep them in hardware wallet or on paperwallet. Never put your coins on exhcnage wallets.
Yes this surely will be the safest and convenient form of securing ones bitcoins.
rnssol (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:55:42 PM

I think you the safest keep bitcoins option is a hardware wallet which you keep offline, in a secure place. Because there are several different types of wallets you can use to store and manage your digital assets. Method of cold storage include keeping bitcoins. On a USB drive or other storage media. On a paper wallet . Use a offline bitcoin hardware wallet is the best bitcoin wallet.
Yup! Offline wallets are better for keeping and storing your money for a long term.
rnssol (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

Ledger Nano S works best for me. Highly recommended.
Don't worry about going online with it Cool
Okay. So how does it exactly work? Does it not have any chances of being scam ?
rnssol (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:58:46 PM

Being a day trader isn't an exception you only have to deposit the amount that you afford to lose to an exchange.

You can't be sure of anything there because you can't tell what's about to come with these exchange since hackings are very much popular today.
Yes hackers and scams are the real night mares for any bitcoin wallet we suppose. There should be a way out.
Mycrypto1222

Activity: 275
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 12:59:01 PM

Just like everyone posting above, You should create your own wallet or buy hardware wallet, this is the safest option to store some coins.
If you are interested in How to store cryptocurrencies? read our article.

Cheers  Smiley

BlockchainMuffin.com (https://blockchainmuffin.com/)
rnssol (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

Just like everyone posting above, You should create your own wallet or buy hardware wallet, this is the safest option to store some coins.
If you are interested in How to store cryptocurrencies? read our article.

Cheers  Smiley
Well thank you for the link. This is a really informative one. It is of great help  Smiley
DALVIRSINGH5353

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:22:22 PM

There are many ways to keep our Bitcoin safe.

- On a USB drive or other data storage medium in a safe place (e.g. safe deposit box, safe)

- On a paper wallet.

- On a bearer item such as a physical bitcoin.

- Use a offline Bitcoin Hardware wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: