Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:50:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Rate Essentially Flat Past 8 hrs  (Read 2828 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:17:31 PM

wow, I can't believe it, I'm ready to buy or sell if the market would just make a substantial move in either direction, but it keeps making tiny moves in alternate directions, I have not seen this all year (well for two months, ok)

any thoughts on what's keeping things flat?
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 09:21:49 PM

The rate has been goxed in the past. Roll Eyes

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:31:57 PM

Price stays still when no money comes in, and all money that was in, has been absorbed by trades.

Gotta have new money in, or someone with money sitting in there, has to be presented a price they are willing to pay.

Thus, price will drop if no-one convinces those people to pay more than the listed price.

Would you? Obviously not, if you are asking this question.

You want the price to move up... get off your ass and talk to people about how great of a deal these discount BTC are.

If you sit on your ass and just want to reap rewards... you will only end-up with a flat ass...

This is not a spectator sport. Stop watching it, and play.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:34:22 PM

Not entirely true. New money HAS to come in each and every day just to keep the price the same. Im not going to get into the math but you should get it.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:40:49 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 09:52:16 PM by ISAWHIM

Not entirely true. New money HAS to come in each and every day just to keep the price the same. Im not going to get into the math but you should get it.

Well, it has to be greater than the quantity being "cashed out", or being "actively traded"...

But same same...

The point was that the price is not what people want to pay. Obviously. But one they are willing to settle-for to cash-out. Thus the decline, and then the flat-line.

Hump is almost over, it will drop over the next few days, then rise again, once it hits $400

Trust in any exchange is slim right now. Since none of them actually have proof that they even have our funds (currency and BTC/LTC) in holding. (They are working on that proof now... all of them, I believe.)

For those where they do not, they will/should also be showing why they are short or "fractioned". (Eg, locked funds, lost funds, pending, internal expenses self-loan of our funds.)

Though, I am sure none of them will be able to do that, or justify the missing funds completely. They will/would use trick wording to hide the fact that they just spent the money you deposited, and/or BTC/LTC on other exchanges for funds, for themselves. (Just like banks do, without actually saying, "we spent/loaned your money".) Ironic part is... if they didn't, the banks they hold their funds in, have done it for them. That is what banks do. (Just hope they are using reliable banks to hold your funds, unlike cypress.)

Sure everything will be back to the illusion of normal in no time. Tongue

BTC to $100, here we come! Get ready to buy!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 10:08:35 PM

It's like back in '13 when the price was in the $100-130 range.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

MtGox has killed it (new blood) for now. When you search for Bitcoin you are met with corruption and scandal. It's a sad few weeks for Bitcoin.
bitjoint

Activity: 333

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:31:49 PM

Like on April 2013, we're in a post-goxing period... it will stay flat till the next "event" that will make it go up or down. Question is which event will be? Another China/Cyprus or another government ban?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 10:34:31 PM

Like on April 2013, we're in a post-goxing period... it will stay flat till the next "event" that will make it go up or down. Question is which event will be? Another China/Cyprus or another government ban?
Another Cyprus event is more likely.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Armis (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:35:41 PM

so how much do you think btc's value is attributed to hype? if you were to strip away all of the hype would the rate be higher or lower?
Coins4life

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:58:34 AM

wow, I can't believe it, I'm ready to buy or sell if the market would just make a substantial move in either direction, but it keeps making tiny moves in alternate directions, I have not seen this all year (well for two months, ok)

Have you ever traded in any market before? This is standard.
crazynoggin

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:18:54 AM

Well, there is likely about to be some crazy volatility considering the news about Mt. Gox that just came out. I suppose its still possible that everyone is going to be cautious these next few days and trade volume will be lower than usual.

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:54:33 AM

Get used to a $450-$700 range for the next few months at least

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:55:53 AM

While adoption traction cannot have been helped by the MtGox situation, hopefully some institutional investors will pull the trigger at these prices and support the market

Armis (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:25:03 PM

Have you ever traded in any market before? This is standard.

Unlike all other financial markets, cryptocurrency markets are EXTREMELY volatile primarily because it is a nascent market but also because it is hype driven.

If you do a thorough analysis of the btc charts you will rarely find long flat periods such as what we are now experiencing. For the year 2014  I only see one other time.

nycgoat

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:24:54 AM

I see another Cyprus style takeover coming and it'll be bigger.

Do you have a specific country in mind?
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:01:27 AM

Wondering if i should buy in at $620 Canadian (560 USD) or if should wait to see if it goes back down?
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:14:40 AM

Wondering if i should buy in at $620 Canadian (560 USD) or if should wait to see if it goes back down?

funny you should mention that

here's an indicator that should show your 560usd to be a safe bet

Coinbase is a very conservative exchanges, usually their rates are generally below the market for selling and above the market for buying, in addition to that their fee is 1%  (100 - 150% higher than the rest of the market).   Right now their buy and sell rates are both higher than the market, $575.

To me that is a great indication that rates are very much expected to rise, I just don't know why.

If you had a Coinbase account (I'll send you an invite if you like they give us both $5 if you do a trade of $100 or more) you could buy at wherever you now shop $560 btc then immediately sell it on Coinbase for 574 right now (assuming you can still it it at the rate you mentioned).

IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:51:58 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 02:04:22 AM by IamCANADIAN013

Coinbase is a very conservative exchanges, usually their rates are generally below the market for selling and above the market for buying, in addition to that their fee is 1%  (100 - 150% higher than the rest of the market).   Right now their buy and sell rates are both higher than the market, $575.

To me that is a great indication that rates are very much expected to rise, I just don't know why.

If you had a Coinbase account (I'll send you an invite if you like they give us both $5 if you do a trade of $100 or more) you could buy at wherever you now shop $560 btc then immediately sell it on Coinbase for 574 right now (assuming you can still it it at the rate you mentioned).

Thanks for the offer, but I have my money in VirtEx and i think that I'll keep it on there. Moving it around just sounds expensive with fee's. Right now the sells are running from $620 to $630 or so. There fee's are 1.5%, I guess thats high?

I'm completely new to this portion of Bitcoin.  I'm just trying to figure out what the right move is.

Pretty sure I'm just over thinking this. I just have the drop to $400ish still in the back of my head.  Wondering if it could drop to that again or worse? Would rather buy in as low as possible.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:37:29 AM

Coinbase is a very conservative exchanges, usually their rates are generally below the market for selling and above the market for buying, in addition to that their fee is 1%  (100 - 150% higher than the rest of the market).   Right now their buy and sell rates are both higher than the market, $575.

Thanks for the offer, but I have my money in VirtEx and i think that I'll keep it on there. Moving it around just sounds expensive with fee's. Right now the sells are running from $620 to $630 or so. There fee's are 1.5%, I guess thats high?

I'm completely new to this portion of Bitcoin.  I'm just trying to figure out what the right move is.

Pretty sure I'm just over thinking this. I just have the drop to $400ish still in the back of my head.  Wondering if it could drop to that again or worse? Would rather buy in as low as possible.

I don't see $400 anytime soon, you will need some pretty bad news to justify further negative movement below the current floor of $550.   

the 1.5% is very high but it scales  down dramatically so it's cool for the avg investor and good for the heavy traffic guy.  All of those other fees are kinda crazy.  I was really shocked at all of what you must give them in terms of financial and personal info to have a verified account. 

I saw a btc ATM located in toronto which took your palm print to get btc have you had the opportunity to use a btc atm?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: