Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auroracoin is a gimmick  (Read 852 times)
hyunsookmom (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:30:32 PM

At first I thought great why not have coins for every nation just like fiat currencies then you realize their is zero need for it as we are global now and a currency like Bitcoin will cover it all.

Once Icelanders have this coin and end up maybe buying more with fiat or trading Bitcoin for them, they are gonna be pissed when they find coins can be as easily dumped as pumped. It wont help them....just a Gimmick.

Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:38:42 PM

I don't think youre right. I think its a very nice initiative and unique in its kind.
All of iceland will have coins and will boost the adoption massively.
We will see what the result will be but i think it will be a good experiment, if however everything is done properly.

yashin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:40:07 PM

you must be butthurt from missing that spike
hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:42:14 PM

I don't think youre right. I think its a very nice initiative and unique in its kind.
We will see what the result will be but i think it will be a good experiment, if however everything is done properly.

But they wont get or use them...wise the hell up.

Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:51:06 PM

At first I thought great why not have coins for every nation just like fiat currencies then you realize their is zero need for it as we are global now and a currency like Bitcoin will cover it all.

Once Icelanders have this coin and end up maybe buying more with fiat or trading Bitcoin for them, they are gonna be pissed when they find coins can be as easily dumped as pumped. It wont help them....just a Gimmick.
Yes but a good gimmick. The number one problem of bitcoin is adoption with 0.02% of global population owning bitcoins.

AUR, I hope will fix this problem somewhat in Iceland. If we can get 1% of any population, anywhere, to own a crypto of any kind, we have won the war.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:52:28 PM

The media coverage will ensure the Icelanders receive their coins. It's up to them to claim the coins and use them or cash in. This is already unfolding to be one of the most masterful PR campaigns in crypto history.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:56:08 PM

Gimmick or not this price is crazy. Do people expect this to be worth 0.03 btc after 10mil coins drop?
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:56:21 PM

We'll see. That's why its a nice experiment, first in its kind.
How can you not apreciate that? And iceland has problems with their own currency so they have extra motivation.
Everything depends on the way the coin will we dropped and the information with it.

I only have 2 Aur so don't have any motive for promoting.

hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:07:13 AM

Lets just say a load of people, I mean average people like your parents get given this and told its like Bitcoin. Guess what they are gonna do with it?

What would your parents and grandparents do with it.

BINGO!!!!

Expect the biggest dumps in crypto history as they sell them for 'real' money.

Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:11:02 AM

Lets just say a load of people, I mean average people like your parents get given this and told its like Bitcoin. Guess what they are gonna do with it?

BINGO!!!!

Yes, but first they must learn how to setup a wallet to claim their AUR, find an exchange, understand what a private key is, discover the blockchain then buy bitcoins, then convert to USD then maybe to Krona.

Or they say WTF, I'm going to keep this for my grand kids.
heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:28:12 AM

BINGO!!!!

Why would this coin be less suited for payment than bitcoin? If the coin has a demand for buying - it gets value. If we assume that the islanders have no interest to use this coin as a means of payment, fine, its like all the other altcoins. At a worst case scenario, it ends up being a scam, so make your investments according to your expectations.

However, this coin is ultimately an experiment, what if it succeeds?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
batboy

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:15:04 AM

BINGO!!!!

This is a very good point. Seeing how the general public has responded to bitcoin/cryptocurrencies and the general (technological) barriers to entry (as simple as it may seem to you) for the average citizen, I cannot see the majority of the Icelandic population being aware of this coin, not to mention having to figure out how to access it and use it.
cocales

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:29:31 AM

Never the less, is a good learning experiment to see the out come of all this.

Huh Huh Huh

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
smitemesmith

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:33:05 AM

I like this. Personally would not buy any at this price however..
JouleBurner

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

Hang in there. Have you seen the graphs?
It's skyrocketing. Like bitcoin did once. Hmm.
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:41:37 AM

Im waiting for the global coin to dropped out of a plane in every country  Undecided
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:55:11 AM

Hang in there. Have you seen the graphs?
It's skyrocketing. Like bitcoin did once. Hmm.

Show me when bitcoin skyrocketed 10 times per 8 hours, hm? Just a pure pump.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: