Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:59:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum become the Skynet of the future?  (Read 103 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:42:28 PM

Considering that Ethereum is a Turing-complete smart contract platform, I believe that at some point in the future it will become truly unstoppable. With its decentralized nature, Ethereum smart contracts could be executed by millions of devices worldwide enabling true redundancy and eliminating single points of failure. As such, this reminds me of "Skynet" from the Terminator movie series, which operates on distributed computers worldwide.

Therefore, do you believe that Ethereum will become the Skynet of the future? Since virtually anything can be programmed in ETH, perhaps someone is devising a way to code AI on a world computer (Ethereum)? What are your thoughts about this? Huh

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:04:51 PM

I am not so sure in that case, now it can be seen that etherum always has problems over lot with most tokens that use the etherum platform, etherum must improve the platform with better capacity

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 07:10:06 PM

Whooooaaaaa, sci fi twist that actually might be viable.

There are already quite a number of ai projects in the eth network.
They are all to monitor market conditions and to work with bots to execute trades.
Some of these are programmed with an algorhythm to adapt to market conditions over time.
In a way, I guess you can say it is programmed to learn.

If it really does get to a skynet type future, actually networks like the eth network is how it would be done.
It can be stopped because it is open source and distributed.
It can independently execute transactions, and if that transaction involves ai than it can indefinitely grow in an automated state.

Of course, the currently existing ai isn't anywhere near having programming that is sophisticated enough to enable independent ai learning.
Eventually it will get there, and whether that gets put on the blockchain, who knows?

I guess we have to count on eth scaling terribly to save us all lol.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:36:51 PM

Well I'd imagine Skycoin supporters will say that Skynet will become the Skynet of the future... because they are building exactly that.

We'll probably see something like this in the not too distant future but I doubt it will happen via ETH. Ethereum can't scale and there are many more blockchains more prepared for massive adoption.
echodike

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:05:21 PM

For me I think in the future ethereum will do well but I don't really expect ethereum to be the skynet of the future, currently there are many smart contract platform with better technology and high TPS, so I think in the future ethereum will share it's market value with other smart contract platform.
gabriella

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:07:16 PM

I think there are already quite a number of AI projects in the ethereum network, and they are all to monitor market conditions and to work with bots to executre traders, some of these are programmet with an algorythm to adapt to market conditions
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:22:07 PM

Whooooaaaaa, sci fi twist that actually might be viable.

There are already quite a number of ai projects in the eth network.
They are all to monitor market conditions and to work with bots to execute trades.
Some of these are programmed with an algorhythm to adapt to market conditions over time.
In a way, I guess you can say it is programmed to learn.

If it really does get to a skynet type future, actually networks like the eth network is how it would be done.
It can be stopped because it is open source and distributed.
It can independently execute transactions, and if that transaction involves ai than it can indefinitely grow in an automated state.

Of course, the currently existing ai isn't anywhere near having programming that is sophisticated enough to enable independent ai learning.
Eventually it will get there, and whether that gets put on the blockchain, who knows?

I guess we have to count on eth scaling terribly to save us all lol.

I believe that Ethereum needs to scale first before it could become the "Skynet" of the future. Once Ethereum can reach millions of TPS at a cheap cost, then smart contracts could execute without much effort. With the recent AI projects that are being worked on ETH, there's a huge possibility that Ethereum could become the Skynet of the future. Remember, that Ethereum will become virtually unstoppable by then since it will operate on millions of devices worldwide. Relying on blockchain technology, it would require 51% of the network's hashrate (or supply of coins if switched to PoS) to disrupt the ETH network.

Given that hashrate is increasing every day, and ETH's price is rising, it'll be practically impossible to stop it. Imagine if someone develops a fully-functional AI within the Ethereum blockchain. Such AI would be unstoppable as it would be running if the required "GAS" is met. The same way smart contracts operate as intended and are censorship resistant, I believe that an AI within the Ethereum blockchain would do the same (it sounds terrifying but it's the true reality unfortunately).

Then, it would be complete chaos in our world as Ethereum becomes the Skynet of the future, since it will be able to control from IoT devices, to drones, robots, and even the market. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: