Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:41:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain how the price is so stable all of a sudden?  (Read 4593 times)
Obi-Wan Coinobi (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:24:06 AM

Can someone explain how the price is so stable all of a sudden? It's like the roller coaster is out of order.  Roll Eyes
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:25:52 AM

This is a normal amount of volume, because no one knows where we are headed.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:26:02 AM

Can someone explain how the price is so stable all of a sudden? It's like the roller coaster is out of order.  Roll Eyes

The rough ride is a reflection of human emotion, and people are not freaking out right now.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 01:30:00 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 01:40:46 AM by af_newbie

low volume and narrow bollinger bands indicate that we'll break out of this range soon.  4 hour indicators point to a down move, but this is bitcoin, so I would not be surprised of another jump to 650-700 before we ease.

PS. Maybe it is an option expiration thing.  We've got to be in this range until end of the month?

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:30:31 AM

Whales are waiting for new FUD
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:40:28 AM

The only force driving the market up is elite investors, and they dont buy high if you know what I mean! they will wait patiently in the shadows. very patiently, because the world is shell shocked about bitcoin right now.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:45:49 AM

It's a simple consolidation!
A cool-off period because we had a $200 rally in a day and a half. Just give it time

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:49:23 AM

don't blink, this is bitcoin after all Wink

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:53:08 AM

Silence after the storm.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:20:05 AM

Army of HODLR'S  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:25:29 AM

Can someone explain how the price is so stable all of a sudden? It's like the roller coaster is out of order.  Roll Eyes

THIS: (a quote from a post I made in another thread)

" Right now for example, many people believe that the market is in for a text book 66% correction and therefore the short trades are maxed to the full. This has probably determined the recent tight market as sellers cancel out buyers, and exchange associate bots sit and happily knudge the momentum up to farm low risk tolerant traders leveraged short bets, whilst making the odd brief soiree to the lower trend line to farm the longs (yup, I believe BTC-e and Bitfinex are corrupt places and actively practice squeezing of leveraged traders with perfect market knowledge in order to enhance their profits......many of these 'peculiar' huge Bid Walls that appear on Stamp are actually being made on Bitfinex).

What I think is away to happen at the end of this pennant formation is a break up the way, which will squeeze shorts out of the trade further pushing price higher and which will turn out to be a bull trap of sorts. Longs will pile in, and then will come the dumps, forcing a correction, but only down to around the $550 level where the dumpers will be competing to get back in and take their scumbag rat bastard profits. I just don't feel $400 range Bitcoin occurring anytime soon and think the near-medium term trend from here is mostly up. However, in light of TERA's pointing out the odd indicator signals of this particular crash, I do believe that we will be visiting the $400 range and possibly lower before we see any ATHs.

Fuck Gox and all those other stories that are attributed to price movement. Bitcoin is behaving like it is because it is being fucked with by people who are milking it for everything they can get out it. I am turning bullish for the time being, but long term, I am still a bear and believe lower lows are yet to come some ways down the line. Bitcoin doesn't flash crash to make its final capitulation bottom and then almost recover within one day. This just does not feel like a low to me. Too much euphoria and back slapping going on for that. Even I predicted 'bottom' within $20 (too low unfortunately for me) weeks and weeks ago using the most rudimentary TA 101 skills. Seems all far too textbook for my liking. I didn't follow Bitcoin so closely until November 2013, but I am pretty sure that with the last two post bubble bear trend lows, that people actually involved in Bitcoin felt like the end was nigh.

We will see how things go when we get back up to the $800 level
."

The market wants to go down, but some whale entities aren't letting it. Short sellers are building up, and they will have their asses squeezed by a manipulated break out which will also be a bull trap, before a correction down to mid $500s.

This is what I believe and what I am betting on.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
cbutters

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:52:54 AM

The large trend lines and the short recovery trend line are all converging, and nobody knows where it will go, it is trading within the lines... the lines will converge tonight roughly at midnight..... then the market will have to go one way or the other..... or just go horizontal... Smiley
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:05:34 AM

The large trend lines and the short recovery trend line are all converging, and nobody knows where it will go, it is trading within the lines... the lines will converge tonight roughly at midnight..... then the market will have to go one way or the other..... or just go horizontal... Smiley

Market will go in the direction that robs the majority and enriches the few. Bull trap short squeezing breakout, followed by correction down to mid $500s.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
anth0ny

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:08:21 AM

Gox ran out of money so they can't manipulate the market any more?
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:11:15 AM

Unless they lost the private keys like some suggested, the coins are still in circulation.  It does not matter who owns them.
If you own even 100k coins you can move this market anywhere you want.

anth0ny

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:16:13 AM

Unless they lost the private keys like some suggested, the coins are still in circulation.  It does not matter who owns them.
If you own even 100k coins you can move this market anywhere you want.

Yeah but only Gox was stupid enough to actually do it!

Moving the market is easy (if you've got a lot of BTC). Profiting off doing so is a lot harder. Smiley
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:18:26 AM

Yeah but only Gox was stupid enough to actually do it!

Moving the market is easy (if you've got a lot of BTC). Profiting off doing so is a lot harder. Smiley

Not true at all.

Especially not when the market is in indecisive phases, such as now.

thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:21:04 AM

lol wtf
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:21:24 AM

Bitcoin is not "stable" until large holders are unable to move the market. This will never happen.

/end stupid thread.
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:22:21 AM

Next move is likely UP...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: