Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:42:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What features make an alt coin good and of high quality?  (Read 419 times)
StormCoin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:07:12 AM

I'm looking to design and code an alternate cryptocurrency that is made for the people and by the people.  Leave all your suggestions of features for an alt coin below!
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:16:26 AM

On my checklist:

1. Scrypt Jane POW (to avoid botnet armies) and maybe a tiny little POS to avoid 51% attacks
2. Widescale adoption - auroracoin type distribution
3. Anonymity protocol built in if possible
4. Would be excellent if someone could just build exchanges into the mining pools itself to allow miners to directly sell to the public in a distributed fashion
5. Competent devs to promote community awareness, develop wallets and merchant tools - plus capacity to properly check id cards to avoid fraud when airdropping coins
6. Kimoto Gravity Well
7. Premine but only for national distribution

StormCoin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

On my checklist:

1. Scrypt Jane POW (to avoid botnet armies) and maybe a tiny little POS to avoid 51% attacks
2. Widescale adoption - auroracoin type distribution
3. Anonymity protocol built in if possible
4. Would be excellent if someone could just build exchanges into the mining pools itself to allow miners to directly sell to the public in a distributed fashion
5. Competent devs to promote community awareness, develop wallets and merchant tools - plus capacity to properly check id cards to avoid fraud when airdropping coins
6. Kimoto Gravity Well
7. Premine but only for national distribution

Great tips! I especially like the idea of an exchange built into the mining pool.
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:38:20 AM

I'm looking to design and code an alternate cryptocurrency that is made for the people and by the people.  Leave all your suggestions of features for an alt coin below!

One that doesn't go down  Wink
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:40:28 AM

Not going to happen, just give up now please.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:45:46 AM

Want to make a great alt coin? Then actually create one!

No forks, or clones, or stuff like that. Design a unique protocol, design a unique monetary supply, and create unique key features.

But then again, you could just make it meme-tastic and you may have tons of people flock to it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: