Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Weekly Looking For Writers  (Read 6003 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 04:14:50 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2011, 03:49:00 PM by kiba

I am willing to pay 5 2.5 1 BTC for anybody who would write an article and authorized me to publish it under the public domain. Pitch an idea to me and I will think about it. If I like your idea, you will get a 4 days deadline to write your article and 3 days deadline to finish your final draft.

I am one of the most reliable employer on the market. As of May 24th, 2011,  22 articles out of 29 articles on BitcoinWeekly were somebody's writing or drawings that I paid for. The rest were written by me.

See http://bitcoinweekly.com for all the articles that been published on the site.

At the moment, I am looking for articles dealing with:

1. Cryptography
2. Bitcoin economics
3. Stories. Especially business stories detailing your exploit and your failure in the bitcoin economy.
4. Technologies.
5. History.

So, as you can see, I like all things to be related to bitcoin. It's not a full fledge magazine in technology or whatever.

If you like the magazine, don't forget to donate bitcoin to me at the address I listed on Bitcoin Weekly website. Those donations help pay for the magazine's very existence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vitalik Buterin

Activity: 330
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 05:17:43 PM

On the subject of economics, I could write about the concept like the social taboos around money and the practical inconvenience of paying anything less than about $5 with conventional tools like credit cards or PayPal which make it difficult to have a microtransaction-based economy (ie. people pirate songs to avoid the pain of paying in itself, not because they are that stingy about losing 99 cents), and how Bitcoin offers a way to fix this.

Argumentum ad lunam: the fallacy that because Bitcoin's price is rising really fast the currency must be a speculative bubble and/or Ponzi scheme.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 05:50:30 PM

On the subject of economics, I could write about the concept like the social taboos around money and the practical inconvenience of paying anything less than about $5 with conventional tools like credit cards or PayPal which make it difficult to have a microtransaction-based economy (ie. people pirate songs to avoid the pain of paying in itself, not because they are that stingy about losing 99 cents), and how Bitcoin offers a way to fix this.

Sounds good. Gimme a draft at hackerkiba___at___gmail.com by March 29. The earlier you finish it, the earlier I can review your article and see if I like it.

deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 06:00:10 PM

5 BTC per article?
I'm going to start a bitcoin union and demand you pay a livable wage to these poor hapless sods  Grin

j/k, seems too much like work to me plus i'm no good with "the words"
I will bookmark your site however. Keep up the good work.

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 06:01:31 PM

5 BTC per article?
I'm going to start a bitcoin union and demand you pay a livable wage to these poor hapless sods  Grin

j/k, seems too much like work to me plus i'm no good with "the words"
I will bookmark your site however. Keep up the good work.

I don't make any money(right now).

I will implement operation fabulous ads to keep the site going but the revenues will be very small.

Anonymous

March 25, 2011, 06:09:55 PM

I'll send you something. I am certain you'll like it.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 06:12:47 PM

I don't know your idea. To prevent wasting your time, please send me a pitch.

Anonymous

March 25, 2011, 06:15:29 PM

I don't know your idea. To prevent wasting your time, please send me a pitch.
Copyright and Bitcoin - The Final Nail in the Coffin
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 06:18:45 PM

Copyright and Bitcoin - The Final Nail in the Coffin

I like the idea! I hope your rough draft will be something to like too.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 07:26:22 PM

Atlas, you will have the same deadline as deadlizard to submit your project.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2011, 07:49:04 PM

Atlas, you will have the same deadline as deadlizard to submit your project.

If it's weekly and they don't make the deadline wouldn't that just push it back a week?

Don't get me wrong, deadlines get things done.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 07:49:37 PM

If it's weekly and they don't make the deadline wouldn't that just push it back a week?

I decided they don't make sense anymore. However, I would like one article per week.

ksd5

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 08:03:42 PM

Instead of using the Unlicense, you should use CC0. CC0 is much more legally strong for non-software works.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2011, 07:44:34 PM

All of this is formalized in the submission page on the site!

http://bitcoinweekly.com/pages/submission

Ying

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 01:26:09 PM

I am willing to pay 5 BTC for anybody who would write an article and authorized me to publish it under the public domain. Pitch an idea to me and I will think about it. If I like your idea, you will get a 4 days deadline to write your article and 3 days deadline to finish your final draft.

See http://bitcoinweekly.com for all the articles that been published on the site.

At the moment, I am looking for articles dealing with:

1. Cryptography and bitcoin history.
2. Bitcoin economics
3. Review of services and goods in the bitcoin economy.

So, as you can see, I like all things to be related to bitcoin. It's not a full fledge magazine in technology or whatever.

If you like the magazine, don't forget to donate bitcoin to me at the address I listed on Bitcoin Weekly website. Those donations help pay for the magazine's very existence.
Cryptography is the study of compiling the password and crack password technology science. Study the objective laws of password change, applied to prepare password to keep secret, called encoding communication study; Applied to decipher the password for communication intelligence, called deciphering learn, floorboard cryptography. And Bitcoin is peer-to-peer (peer to peer) - based on network - anonymous digital currency. Peer-to-peer (peer to peer) - - mean that no central authority control money remittance channels. Instead, these money transfers task is conducted by the network nodes collective management. Anonymous means trading parties can hide your true identity. His advantage: no trust middlemen, can easily for Internet remittance. Third party can't control or stop your trading. Bitcoin transactions, and credit card almost free online payment system usually charge 1-5% of transaction costs, plus other various cost up to hundreds of dollars. Avoid the central reserve bank of bad policy and instability caused by safety hazard. Bitcoin system limited monetary inflation is evenly distributed (by the CPU in the entire network, decide to) rather than by the bank. Bitcoin is a monopoly by Satoshi Nakamoto make open source projects, currently in development testing phase

The main features of commodity currencies are mainly exports interest rates, gross domestic product, a higher percentage of primary product main important production and export, with some commodity currency (or gold price changes, etc.) the coincidental The product is a service economy transformation of economic. In product economy, value feet

Degrees are to currency; In the service economy, the value scale is eyeball. In the future, we

Maybe will no longer commend contain Troy (a pair of eyeballs eye worth), and

The eyeball to ask money of a dollar money content (eye content). Wealth is still, and from money

And is measured with monetary value. So I think bitcoin prospect is good.
My address is:1FpnpqazihcQjgkhS9HnnaWMT7cm5r3izt
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 03:34:44 PM

And is measured with monetary value. So I think bitcoin prospect is good.
My address is:1FpnpqazihcQjgkhS9HnnaWMT7cm5r3izt

Ying, this is not how The Bitcoin Weekly works. I am not looking for generic article on cryptography or how bitcoin works.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 12:22:06 PM

Everyone, I am still looking for writers!

If you're interested in history, cryptography, or economics...visit the Bitcoin Weekly's submission page for more information.

It's still 5 BTC per article.

Gryph

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 02:27:50 PM

this is a really good idea!

I can't write myself, but keep up with it!
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2011, 09:46:05 PM

I need writers. I want writers. For 5 BTC per article!

It's not much but it's better than nothing.

The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 02:50:52 AM

I need writers. I want writers. For 5 BTC per article!

It's not much but it's better than nothing.

Hell it's way more than nothing: it's BitCoins!  Smiley  I'll consider this.  If I can think of any interesting topics I'll post back here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: