Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] [ EdisonX3 ] First Historical Crypto Currency »»»» LIVE - DIFF: 834.00  (Read 20509 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EdisonX3 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:31:06 PM

After failing 273 times to compile our code successfully with Crypto Currency 3.0 Scrypt Algorithm

You suck as developers.

Judging by your posts, you haven't done a single valuable thing for the community, at least we can admit we failed many times... you don't think Satoshi failed? look at the history of bitcoin, Satoshi went to the community for help to get bitcoin on its feet.  This is exactly what we have done, but with our own private team.

If you - as a team of developers - can't get already working code to even compile 273 times, I do fear your solutions. Sorry guys.

And taking the "you have never written a book, so you can't say my book is crap" line of defense is not a valid discussion technique.

To answer all your questions, we are thinking an abnormal number for premine (still in the works) but somewhere that the entire
crypto industry has not ever seen.  This might be announced with the smallest premine ever to date in the Crypto Industry. Stay tuned for updates!

Seeing how there are non-premined coins, you'd have to invent a concept of negative premine. Uh... you buy coins from market and toss them into a black hole?

Basically the point is, this is certainly is in the works - we might do 0% premine or something under 0.97% premine-
 in terms of comparing this to other altcoins, you will see this was done to make it a fair launch for everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:01:16 AM

100+ invited to the private forums @ www.edisonX3.org

Another new image is posted aboard

https://i.imgur.com/KiSrSSx.png

EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:08:12 AM

Why is EdisonX3 more secure than Bitcoin?  Here is a comparison of EdisonX3 Technology vs Bitcoin Technology.

EdisonX3
Secured via new coded technology: "Edison Carbon Filament"
   • 30 Minute Block Time
   • Difficulty Changes every block (every 30 minutes)
   • Block rewards diminishes over time
   • Decreases Block Reward every month by 10% for the first two years

Bitcoin
Security Functions:
   • 10 Minutes
   • Difficulty of the Block changes every 10~ days
   • 51% attack is still a risk for BTC and still very possible.

Trafficlearn

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:14:21 AM

hmmm....this is the beginning of marketing into crypto....hoping not a lot of crypto affiliate scheme spams from the signup....although i was not "approved"

~TESLACOINS ~      http://www.teslacoins.com  Teslacoins! Renewable energy mining!  COMING SOON!
EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:36:08 AM

hmmm....this is the beginning of marketing into crypto....hoping not a lot of crypto affiliate scheme spams from the signup....although i was not "approved"

My fault, I didn't think that domain name was really submitted by the owner. Glad you spoke up about this, inviting you in now.
Are others doing the same thing? I haven't noticed but we don't really need your email other than keeping you updated for launch and invitation to the forums.

EDIT: sent an invite to you TrafficLearn and updated everyone else who was waiting for a while. Please confirm you got the invite.
rednalexa

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:40:27 AM

No premine ??

To answer all your questions, we are thinking an abnormal number for premine (still in the works) but somewhere that the entire
crypto industry has not ever seen.  This might be announced with the smallest premine ever to date in the Crypto Industry. Stay tuned for updates!

Premine 0,01% or less, otherwise it is not going to be good enough

Trafficlearn

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:45:24 AM

My fault, I didn't think that domain name was really submitted by the owner. Glad you spoke up about this, inviting you in now.
Are others doing the same thing? I haven't noticed but we don't really need your email other than keeping you updated for launch and invitation to the forums.

EDIT: sent an invite to you TrafficLearn and updated everyone else who was waiting for a while. Please confirm you got the invite.

I got the the invite...i will check it out....i do know there is a TESLAX3 to follow this....so i want to see how it all shakes out

~TESLACOINS ~      http://www.teslacoins.com  Teslacoins! Renewable energy mining!  COMING SOON!
Prominence

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:48:13 AM

This coin is dead, the transactions take too long to confirm (30 mins)
EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:23:35 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 01:36:35 AM by EdisonX3

I got the the invite...i will check it out....i do know there is a TESLAX3 to follow this....so i want to see how it all shakes out

Hold up a minute. Someone created TeslaX3 ..? Where is this?
BitcoinStacker

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:46:17 AM

No premine ??

crypto industry has not ever seen.  This might be announced with the smallest premine ever to date in the Crypto Industry. Stay tuned for updates!

+1
EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:52:22 AM

No premine ??

+1

We could stimulate the economy with really any amount, we aren't after any heavy premining.
The goal is to have a fair launch so everyone can benefit. This is good for everyone's sake.

EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:00:02 AM

Not dead, you just found a reason to talk yourself out of something.. This coin will be 1000 years old,  
Everyone said the same thing about BTC and LTC.  we want it to be 30 minutes because it will only secure its network and its users.

You can still see the balance show up, but confirmations do take a long time. Speed is everything to a certain degree.
Fiat could take up to 3-5 business days to process direct deposits, automatic payments, depending on the processing institution.

EdisonX3 vs FIAT is much more secure instead of the middle man holding your
funds, and who knows what they used the funds for during that holding period.

EdisonX3 will be compared to fiat. Yes, more on this as we progress
THeZoiD

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:04:50 AM

they probably stole the tesla code...lmaol  Cheesy

lolcoind

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:28:28 AM

EDISON POOL
http://edison.okaypool.com/
first 50 registrations will have no fees!
Trafficlearn

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:21:34 AM

Hold up a minute. Someone created TeslaX3 ..? Where is this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491900.0

Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:02:53 AM

Why is EdisonX3 more secure than Bitcoin?  Here is a comparison of EdisonX3 Technology vs Bitcoin Technology.

EdisonX3
Secured via new coded technology: "Edison Carbon Filament"
   • 30 Minute Block Time
   • Difficulty Changes every block (every 30 minutes)
   • Block rewards diminishes over time
   • Decreases Block Reward every month by 10% for the first two years

Bitcoin
Security Functions:
   • 10 Minutes
   • Difficulty of the Block changes every 10~ days
   • 51% attack is still a risk for BTC and still very possible.

Can't understand how EdisonX3 is protected from 51% attack if it's PoW coin?
EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:57:13 AM

Not dead, you just found a reason to talk yourself out of something.. This coin will be 1000 years old,  
Everyone said the same thing about BTC and LTC.  we want it to be 30 minutes because it will only secure its network and its users.

You can still see the balance show up, but confirmations do take a long time. Speed is everything to a certain degree.
Fiat could take up to 3-5 business days to process direct deposits, automatic payments, depending on the processing institution.

30 minute block times will kill this coin.
A pool with 10% of network can expect to solve one block every 300 minutes.
Can you see many people being happy to wait 5 hours for a block to show in their pool, if the're lucky.
If the pool is unlucky, and there's no blocks found in 10+ hours, people will bail from the pool with nothing to show for 10 hours mining, and will not be happy with the coin in general.

Now consider a smaller pool, say 2%. How many people will wait for more than 24 hours to see a return on their hashpower?
When do you bail from the pool, after 2-3 days?

I foresee one or maybe 2 pools surviving more than a couple weeks. Not exactly a recipe for a healthy network.

This is up for discussions now because you brought up a few good points; the negative though- Bitcoin is not the safest coin yet, and we all know this. Yes, aside from Block time, we have been working on some new code that should help keep the network and its users more secure, however, we are open to hearing what others have to say about Block Times @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493518.0

We look forward to all your feedbacks in that thread
Anonz

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:38:24 AM

Can you see many people being happy to wait 5 hours for a block to show in their pool, if the're lucky.
If the pool is unlucky, and there's no blocks found in 10+ hours, people will bail from the pool with nothing to show for 10 hours mining, and will not be happy with the coin in general.

Now consider a smaller pool, say 2%. How many people will wait for more than 24 hours to see a return on their hashpower?

I foresee one or maybe 2 pools surviving more than a couple weeks. Not exactly a recipe for a healthy network.

This is up for discussions now because you brought up a few good points; the negative though- Bitcoin is not the safest coin yet, and we all know this. Yes, aside from Block time, we have been working on some new code that should help keep the network and its users more secure, however, we are open to hearing what others have to say about Block Times @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493518.0

So I have a few questions -

1/. Why even allow transaction malleability? I personally have never had any need for changing the TXID of any trxns I have made. Is there a legitimate use for it?
2/. If it is necessary to have trx malleability, then why not make longer confirmation times (ie 10+ times normal) for only those transactions whose TXID has changed from the original (ie conditional treatment of non-standard trxns) ?
3/. Plus why would you not restrict the ability to change a TXID to the source wallet?
4/. Plus, wouldn't additional confirmation blocks be a better solution, than longer blocktimes?

Extending the blocktime seems like the easy solution, and not exactly addressing the root cause of the problem.
But iunno, I'm certainly no expert, just saying  Huh

I am curious to find out some answers to these as well. I think the solution at hand by EdisonX3 was the reference to a complete bypass of the situation. I am not sure about confirmation time, but I am assuming it is very similar. I know many coins today that use the immature state system where we have to wait 1-2-3 days until coins have 'matured' which is almost the same thing as waiting 30 minutes for a block time. This is not my area either MCCPool but I see where they are going with this.

Anonz want to remain Anonymous. It's up to those who follow along with us.  My favorite coins?  Magi, Bitcoin, and Darkcoin. Thread about XMG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 - Market of XMG: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG - #Magi on Freenode IRC:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:09:28 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 06:27:27 AM by EdisonX3

So I have a few questions -

1/. Why even allow transaction malleability? I personally have never had any need for changing the TXID of any trxns I have made. Is there a legitimate use for it?
2/. If it is necessary to have trx malleability, then why not make longer confirmation times (ie 10+ times normal) for only those transactions whose TXID has changed from the original (ie conditional treatment of non-standard trxns) ?
3/. Plus why would you not restrict the ability to change a TXID to the source wallet?
4/. Plus, wouldn't additional confirmation blocks be a better solution, than longer blocktimes?

Extending the blocktime seems like the easy solution, and not exactly addressing the root cause of the problem.
But iunno, I'm certainly no expert, just saying  Huh

I am curious to find out some answers to these as well. I think the solution at hand by EdisonX3 was the reference to a complete bypass of the situation. I am not sure about confirmation time, but I am assuming it is very similar. I know many coins today that use the immature state system where we have to wait 1-2-3 days until coins have 'matured' which is almost the same thing as waiting 30 minutes for a block time. This is not my area either MCCPool but I see where they are going with this.

This is why we started a discussion in this thread for users to vote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493518.0

Hm, so far, the community does agree to the 30 Minute Block Time Decision due to the Malleability Transaction issues of Bitcoin. In the future, we do have plans to solve this issue with a more clean functionality, but Anonz is correct, we are simply bypassing the Bitcoin Problems by making block time longer- in the efforts to prevent double spending, or exchanges having issues with a specific coin. I've been in discussions with quite a bit of exchanges, and most agree the Block Time of 30 Minutes is fine, and is more secure.

You do have a voice to vote for our development features... We are still a few days out from launch- discuss it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493518.0

However, we are considering a new way to make users on pool more happy if we can help with the speed of confirmation times.

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE... NEW BONUS IS AVAILABLE.

READ OP BELOW AND POST BELOW ABOUT COINS BEING AVAILABLE FOR CONTRIBUTORS EARLY ON.
EdisonX3 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:57:23 AM

[**NEW**] INNER THREAD BONUS GIVEAWAY - POST ABOUT THOMAS EDISON, ANYTHING!

Post in this thread with your choice of an IMAGE, ARTICLE, or VIDEO related to Thomas Edison to receive up to 10 Coins once EdisonX3 launches. 
All you have to do is Post one time, and at launch, link back to your post with your EdisonX3 Address to receive up to 10 Coins for your contribution. 

Rule for Contest: Each user will be credited once per post, per content.
You can make as many posts as you want, but only your top 3 posts will qualify for up to "10 EdisonX3 Coins".

EXAMPLE #1 - Articles or link backs:
Article Post should look similar in Example (Posting a quote or snippet from article is up to you, please link back)

Thomas Edison Wikipedia:
Source of article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison

"Thomas Edison was an advocate for monetary reform in the United States. He was ardently opposed to the gold standard and debt-based money. Famously, he was quoted in the New York Times stating "Gold is a relic of Julius Caesar, and interest is an invention of Satan."[92]

In the same article, he expounded upon the absurdity of a monetary system in which the taxpayer of the United States, in need of a loan, be compelled to pay in return perhaps double the principal, or even greater sums, due to interest. His basic point was that if the Government can produce debt-based money, it could equally as well produce money that was a credit to the taxpayer.[92]"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Edison

EXAMPLE #2 - Image Posting Should Look like this:

http://imfunny.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Thomas-Edison-Quotes-0-600x338.jpg

EXAMPLE #3 - Video Link Back should look like this:
Title: The History of Thomas Edison - a Short Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlxVDdBtFQQ

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: