Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is independent? or depends on fiat currency  (Read 3174 times)
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:55:01 AM

Bitcoin was created to provide independence from Government control to the users.  But I think it is not so independent. 

It depends on fiat currency especially the Dollar for it's valuation.   

My question is ; we are measuring it's value in dollars.  So is not it true that Bitcoin is dependent on fiat currency for it's existence?

Please share whatever views you are having. 

Kindly correct me if I am wrong.
We all know that bitcoin is a decentralised crypto currency and thus there is no such proper authentic regulating body who could keep eye over all the bitcoin activities so bitcoin is completely a independent currency in itself and as there is no such governing body over bitcoin therefore sometimes it is being use for many illegal activities but still bitcoin is many times better than Fiat currencies and instead of depending on Fiat, bitcoin is threat to these Fiat currencies.
Yes I agree on that, I believe that bitcoin is really independent anyone can use bitcoin any country can use it and any individual can also use it. I believe that there is no company that holds bitcoin it depends upon the volume of investors it is not depends on country or anything. So totally agree that it is an independent currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sovaivncb1996

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:04:08 AM

International currencies are mainly denominated in $, thus making them quite reliable. For the most part, foreign currency does not represent any significant value to one another, but exchange is essential for open trade. And that is why important news is reflected immediately on the quote. A lively example is the Brexit result.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:11:05 AM

Bitcoin was created to provide independence from Government control to the users.  But I think it is not so independent. 

My question is ; we are measuring it's value in dollars.  So is not it true that Bitcoin is dependent on fiat currency for it's existence?

Bitcoin does not depend on flat currency but it depends on the value of the flat currency so that normal people can understand the current value of Bitcoin... and it is not possible for anyone to count every time everything in decimals so we can say that indirectly cryptocurrency depends on flat currency.
sabihanazir

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:18:46 PM

I think bitcoin does not depend on flat currency but it depends on the value of the flat currency but it depend not much. Bitcoin measuring its value in dollar because dollar is one of the leading fiat currency in the world, and because crypto currency is a digital currency that be converted to fiat that has a good value in price.
noorammak

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:13:43 PM

I'm different, I think BTC is a product of fiat currency, They exist in parallel. Bitcoin is independent and independent of any country or organization. This proves Bitcoin is independent but it also operates on the currencies of many countries. And I think its price is not possible because BTC is constantly changing. If the BTC has a certain value, I think Bitcoin is accepted as a legitimate currency.

cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:19:40 PM

For me bitcoin is independent and not depending on fiat currency. Bitcoin have a market so for me it is the reason why bitcoin is independent. Fiat currency is not the reason of bitcoin price increasing and decreasing.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:55:19 PM

Bitcoin will always depend on FIAT just like any other cryptocurrency in some manner or another since FIAT will never get replaced by crypto in my opinion and I am expecting cryptocurrencies to behave as alternate sources of payment. Both FIAT and cryptocurrencies will provide multiple options to users online and offline which is why crypto will always depend on FIAT in some way or another.

Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:01:32 PM

As technology, bitcoin does not depend on the dollar. But it is measured, bought and sold for dollars
skeletica

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:11:18 PM

no, it depends on which country you are from, the point is that bitcoin does not depend on fiat currency at all.

the more expensive bitcoin the more money you will get.
erundook

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:42:39 PM

Both those statements are true in some way. It is independant from fiat and unable to control, but it is dependant because it is the only way, that you can purchase Bitcoin. Is for Fiat.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Msworld83
Copper Member

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 08:05:43 PM

Fiat is the major currency that can't be left out in the crypto space , Bitcoin can't deal without fiat and the world is known to be fiat world of currency Bitcoin only came to neutralize the capitalism and centralized world we are but Bitcoin can't still do with out it.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:41:32 AM

Turkey's currency is experiencing a significant ups and downs lately, the Turkish lira exchange rate to us dollars also affected. Then the Chinese yuan is experiencing a similar thing, the exchange rate to US dollars is dip down because of the trade war with the US. Then the question is, do the two currencies of the big country have no value and only depend on US dollars? You should learn basic economics first before making an random argument like this.
Natalie656Rogers

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:59:55 AM

Bitcoin is trying to make it popular all over the world. The dollar is accepted by many countries. You see, Bitcoin is converted to currency. Only use the dollar. And it only depends on the currency when exchanging.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:17:25 AM

Bitcoin initially entered the market and was purchased via fiat..... the dollar, the euro, the pound.....etc. Afterwards, many now trade with the bitcoin in exchange for fiat like dollars.... The truth is until, we have more outlets that deal with every day life activities and services accepting the bitcoin, we'll continue to depend largely on fiat for purchases and payment of goods and services.

Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 09:11:15 AM

That's right, it depends on fiat. As soon as bitcoin is bought, its price rises, and also occurs when it is sold. If the price of bitcoin was constant, that is, nothing would affect it, then the fiat could be evaluated in bitcoin, but it is not.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 09:15:40 AM

Bitcoin is trying to make it popular all over the world. The dollar is accepted by many countries. You see, Bitcoin is converted to currency. Only use the dollar. And it only depends on the currency when exchanging.

The mode of purchase of bitcoin is currently based on three:
1. Fiat
2. Altcoins of which mainly is Ethereum.

Now considering the money coming in from these two sources, every market price of bitcoin will be based on the currency used to purchase the coins. Thats how the market cap and the market prices are obtained. Now we are long away from a position that bitcoin takes over fiat. Its practically not possible at this time nor is it feasible. Still we are bullish on the price and people of this forum believe in bitcoins and its properties that make it better in every sense than fiat.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:36:50 AM

Basically, btc is a currency and hence will always be measurer against currencies. I don't think this means btc depends on fiat but it is just a means of measuring its value.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:45:04 AM

no, it depends on which country you are from,

What do you mean depends on the country "we" are from? Where ever you go, the price of Bitcoin is the same. I think you are just saying that since every country has their own currency.

Yes, every country has their own currency and that is the reason why the price of Bitcoin is different but if you will be just basing the price of it in the usual or common currency which is USD, it is just the same.
ToniJu

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:51:16 AM

Bitcoin is being accepted by more people precisely because of its independence. In my opinion, bitcoin is a symbol of free trade!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
ghosong

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:54:44 AM

Bitcoin is an independent currency, but every state wants to measure it in its usual currency,it is clearer to many.In fact, Bitcoin is a completely different concept than the usual physical money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: