Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:16:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "EXCEPTION: 11DbException Db::get: Not enough space": Possible fix  (Read 3575 times)
btcktalk (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 07:57:02 PM

Hi, All!

Very new to this forum: actually found it when googling for the error below.

The Problem:

EXCEPTION: 11DbException
Db::get: Not enough space
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Bitcoin\bitcoin.exe in AppInit()

What happened was, Bitcoin.exe (v0.3.21-beta) on Windows XP suddenly failed to start with this error after a power outage. There was plenty of space in ram and on disk at the time, so I knew it wasn't that kind of "space." Also, even more confusing, there's no such file as "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Bitcoin\bitcoin.exe" on my computer. I noticed that someone had posted about it here, but didn't see a response.

The Hint:

In "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Application Data\Bitcoin", I found the debug.log. In it, I found the above error, PLUS:

ERROR: CheckBlock() : block timestamp too far in the future
LoadBlockIndex() : *** found bad block at 147498, hash=00000000000009461d90e6606
5bb79dd3d47d921ba0e4cadc602e6880484a2ab

Hm. "Too far in the future?"

The Solution:

For me, it was simple: it turned out that the time had not been reset correctly on my computer after the power outage, so that it thought it was 12/31/2004. This, for some reason, caused Bitcoin to fail with the above error, as well as:

EXCEPTION: 11DbException
Db::get: Not enough space
E:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin.exe in CMyApp::OnUnhandledException()

In my case, resetting the date/time on my computer fixed the problem, and Bitcoin started right up.

Being a n00b, I couldn't post as a response to that topic, but wanted to at least try to post it here in case it might help someone else. Mods, please forgive me if this is not appropriate. I just wanted to make sure I shared this one solution.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rmbell

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 11:32:47 PM

You might want to consider updating your version, 0.5 is out now  Smiley
btcktalk (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 11:25:37 PM

Heh. Yeah, I know, just haven't seemed to get a chance. This thing just kinda popped up. Good point, though! :-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: